Sponsored

JT Gladiator Upper Decker Hinged Cargo Basket Now Available!

Sponsored

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
WOW, you must be someone really important. I ordered mine in July and still no ship date???
Correction: the upper rails for the RTT arrived in one week. I'm okay with waiting. This was Saturday night on the Bradshaw Trail @wpscheel

Jeep Gladiator JT Gladiator Upper Decker Hinged Cargo Basket Now Available! IMG_20200919_191043

wpscheel

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
Correction: the upper rails for the RTT arrived in one week. I'm okay with waiting. This was Saturday night on the Bradshaw Trail @wpscheel

Jeep Gladiator JT Gladiator Upper Decker Hinged Cargo Basket Now Available! IMG_20200919_191043
Hahaha, well I hope to get mine soon, and hopefully you'll get yours soon as well. Looks to be great bed cover and can't wait to put it to work.

wpscheel

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
It finally showed up this morning and I started the install before FedEx guy was outta the driveway. Good install with a few hitches but nothing that couldn't be overcome.
The overall result is a good fit and solid cover. Looks great and cannot wait to put it to use.
Great job Ace Engineering! The wait was worth it.

20201010_093219.jpg

20201010_114921.jpg

20201010_152528.jpg

20201010_152558.jpg

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
When closed, is there any play from side to side? I am considering this, but would probably have a shop fab up some taller RTT mounts, and intend to also mount a batwing awning. I could see som lateral force being applied in a turn, and as the basket does not have a lip theat recesses into bed at all, it concerns me.

An aluminum diamond plate version, like the bottom of my RTT, with a a couple crossmembers spanning the underside of the decker is extremely appealing to me.

1337bwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT
Occupation
Information Security
It's really solid. I can't get it to budge when I yank on it as hard as I can. There's the diamondback hd line covers but they start at like $2 grand and imo they look goofy on the gladiators. This appealed to me as a better option for cargo on the top.

Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
When closed, is there any play from side to side? I am considering this, but would probably have a shop fab up some taller RTT mounts, and intend to also mount a batwing awning. I could see som lateral force being applied in a turn, and as the basket does not have a lip theat recesses into bed at all, it concerns me.

An aluminum diamond plate version, like the bottom of my RTT, with a a couple crossmembers spanning the underside of the decker is extremely appealing to me.
On road, solid.
Light to medium off road, mostly solid, no issue.
Aggressive off road, may budge a tad, but nothing serious.
Where my seals weren't perfectly straight, I can see that they have moved. Otherwise sturdy.

ignore rust in pics. Thats my own doing/ignorance.
Jeep Gladiator JT Gladiator Upper Decker Hinged Cargo Basket Now Available! 20201017_135250
Jeep Gladiator JT Gladiator Upper Decker Hinged Cargo Basket Now Available! 20201017_135241
Jeep Gladiator JT Gladiator Upper Decker Hinged Cargo Basket Now Available! 20201017_135237

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Today, I began installation of my Upper Decker. What slowed me down were the hinges. Does anyone have any tips for how they installed their hinges?

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Today, I began installation of my Upper Decker. What slowed me down were the hinges. Does anyone have any tips for how they installed their hinges?
Watch their install video, very well detailed. Otherwise, semi loosely mount on cover as close to edge, not a whole lot of wiggle room. Then carefully place on bed until flush with wall. Use silver sharpie to mark drill location. U will end up placing and removing cover a couple times during install until hinges complete. Then take a couple of long enough 2x4 to keep lifted until struts are on. Good luck with weather strips. Oh, and definitely have a helper or 2 to lift the cover. Unless u got a good hoist