First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q7, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2015 Chrysler T&C
Occupation
Director in Automotive Industry
Mid life crisis? Ha, I think we getting to the age where we can FINALLY afford to buy one of these things. I don't know about many of the rest of you, there's no way I could afford one of these in my 20's or early 30's.
Also the practicality. My kids are older now and we've left the car-seat/booster-seat phase of life. I can feel more comfortable without a top or without doors than I would have with younger kids. I know many people do it but I needed a bit more time to get comfortable with it.

The other thing is with a teenage boy who has finally found an interest in cars I like the idea of doing mods and aftermarket add-ons with him. Great bonding in the garage and on the trails.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Yep, my son is like "I want a Gladiator as my first car". I told him wont happen and he didn't understand. I was like you know how you have to wait to be 16 to drive, wait about 16 more years after that and you can get one. blew that little kids mind. lol

It honestly even blew my mind a bit just thinking about how I had been driving for 16 years before I actually got a car I really wanted.
My 11 year old daughter wants my gladiator when she turns 16. My wife thinks it’s a great idea. I told her I don’t think I want to give it up. She said I’ll want something different by then. My first car was an 81 Honda Civic, with no AC or anything else. I didn’t have an AC or an automatic trans until my third vehicle, which was after I got married. Now my daughter’s first car could be a gladiator?! It just doesn’t feel right.

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
My 11 year old daughter wants my gladiator when she turns 16. My wife thinks it’s a great idea. I told her I don’t think I want to give it up. She said I’ll want something different by then. My first car was an 81 Honda Civic, with no AC or anything else. I didn’t have an AC or an automatic trans until my third vehicle, which was after I got married. Now my daughter’s first car could be a gladiator?! It just doesn’t feel right.
Buy her a Pinto!

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buy her a Pinto!
Ok, that’s the opposite end right there. Lol. I’m thinking Corolla or something. Actually, I’m thinking 2 door jeep and we can trade off.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
So far these numbers don’t surprise me. It’s obvious, we are all having a mid life crisis!
From some of the posts I have seen here it would appear they left out the 1-6 year group

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
From some of the posts I have seen here it would appear they left out the 1-6 year group
I may have identified in that age range, once or twice on this forum.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I feel the exact same way. I drove a buick with all kinds of issues, and more the longer I drove it. No AC, power window issues all the time, hole in exhast, bottle of gumout a month or it misfired like crazy, then later broken sway bar. My kids will be getting a (at the time) 14 year old prius and like it lol. Like even if I am not driving the JT that day I just can't let them drive it out of principal.

HouseOfWolves

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Don't do it...

My 13 year old was eyeing my JTR -- I've already told him I'd consider getting him a Wrangler. That has appeased him.

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
35 here, not a mid-life crisis, but fixing past mistakes.

I worked in a Jeep shop in college, built and owned dedicated off road rigs and worked on some of the most extreme 4x4s around, but never owned a Jeep of my own(aside from a $200 xj trail rig). Got married, sold off my toys, and been driving minivans and 4cy sedans for the past 10 years. Finally 100% debt free and don't have guilt buying "toys" again.

Jeep is first because my kids are young and I want them to experience and have fun with me. I'll be back on a Harley once they are a bit older and won't be able to tag along with me all the time.
Sponsored