First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Self
We have a JTop that we use with both our hard top and soft top. We never take the JTop off. Just had to unbuckle the straps that are second from the rear and it works fine.
Same here. Works just fine.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I like how the Sunshadia top lets you get to the latches.

OP
OP
Higher_Ground

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I don't mind seeing photos of other brands, it's all good!

I have held off on ordering a shade in part waiting for everyone else to get their orders through first. Well that and it's been raining a lot this summer... to the point I have only taken the entire top off once. Also thankfully mild - I don't think we've hit 100 yet and it's not supposed to leave the 80's all week.

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
Installed just the front portion of the Shadeidea this weekend and it's ok! Wished they had told me you were supposed to loosen the front windshield to get the thing fully mounted. Ignored their suggestion and did something else. Works fine but not sure I'm going to leave it in all the time. Makes me feel claustrophobic with the freedom tops installed.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Bungees rub paint off…hence why spiderweb shade includes 3m clear strips. They bounce/flap in the wind a little. I have owned both on a JL. Sold my JL, can’t find a buyer for the spiderweb shade. Ordered JTops for the JT.

Sponsored

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JTops I’m not using anymore. Purchased a sun rider because my top never comes off anymore. Great top for those who like em naked.

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
Still waiting on mine, they are checking on it. They said they are shipping out a lot of Gladiator tops this week, but wasn't sure if they got to titanium ones yet (which mine is).

RaiderGladiator

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Still waiting on mine, they are checking on it. They said they are shipping out a lot of Gladiator tops this week, but wasn't sure if they got to titanium ones yet (which mine is).
Any update? I ordered mine June 28th, they told me shipping most likely the week of Aug 16th.. still waiting.. jet black..

rms

First Name
rms
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Ordered mine mid-May, received it yesterday. Dunno how white will hold up or how well it cleans, but I'm hoping the light color keeps me cool.

My first impression is that it's really well-made. All the materials seem really strong. Installation required removing 8 bolts that held the back of the hard top on and sticking a couple of blocks of wood between the top and the cross bar so I could pass the straps through.

Getting it installed is easy. Getting it flat and smooth, as you can see, was impossible for me. I definitely did not want spidershade (had that on my last jeep) because I didn't want the bunjee cords. But I was really hoping I could get this smooth like their website shows. Any tips would be welcome. It feels like the side buckles need to rotate to the outside about another 1/2 inch, but because of how it's made, the buckles have to rest on the outside of the frame, so you can't pull the top any tighter side-to-side.

I haven't driven it all yet, but hope to tonight, though I won't go over 45 mph where I'm going.

Jeep Gladiator JTops (photos please) 20210825_123523
Jeep Gladiator JTops (photos please) 20210825_123535
Jeep Gladiator JTops (photos please) 20210825_123539
Jeep Gladiator JTops (photos please) 20210825_123558
Jeep Gladiator JTops (photos please) 20210825_123517

Sponsored

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Arborist
Any update? I ordered mine June 28th, they told me shipping most likely the week of Aug 16th.. still waiting.. jet black..
Nope. I'm still waiting. I received an email 2 days ago, that it is scheduled to ship out Thursday (tomorrow). It sounded like they were doing batches to catch up...so making all of one color and then switching to another. This way they didn't have to constantly switch out the material in the machines. I'm assuming titanium was lower on the list.

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Arborist
Mine will be delivered Friday. Bought a blue JTop for my Hydro Blue JT
I debated about going that route, or black. Decided on the titanium because it is a little thicker...figured it would block the sun more for the dogs.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I think the tan looks great on yours. I had not considered it based on the sample online but that does match pretty well with gator.

After looking at all the sewn webbing I don't think it would be practical to paint, even if it was just a white canvas to start with. Going to have to decide between black and tan now.
Just ask for color swatches, they'll send up to 3 for free.

My Jtop showed up two months after ordering , due to the supplier issue. Also having trouble tightening the top completely, but do enjoy having it under the hardtop.

The Mopar handles can fit, but the straps for the front bar and the strap rearward do have to be reconfigured.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to see so many jtops. I really love mine and it’s a quality product.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I need to revise my endorsement of the JTOPS top. Yes it’s quality when it’s on and in use but it’s billed as being able to be left on under the hard top. I discovered first hand today that this is not the case. Yeah you can put the rear hard top on but there’s no way to secure the freedom panels as you can access the turn levers that are above your head when seated. I knew I had to fold back the front of the mesh at the windshield but didn’t realize these wouldn’t be accessible. Not happy.

C454772E-8A2B-420F-ACA7-D81BBD9A848C.jpeg
Sponsored