Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a Jtops full length sunshade after waiting for almost a month for it to come in.

Quality is top notch, with a lot of attention to detail:
  • Neoprene padding between the straps and paint.
  • Heavy duty magnets on the cross bar and windshield.
  • Straps have retainers that hold them in place after tightening.
  • Cut out with elastic for installing freedom panels.
  • 3 aluminum rods that index into existing points on the roll cage frame.
Installed easily but I did mess with it quite a bit to get it as tight and centered as possible, no dropping the windshield like on other brands. Even at speeds of 75mph there is no flutter or wind noise at all.
Jeep Gladiator Jtops Sunshade Review 20200808_091533
Jeep Gladiator Jtops Sunshade Review 20200805_143751
Jeep Gladiator Jtops Sunshade Review 20200805_143733
Jeep Gladiator Jtops Sunshade Review 20200805_143724
Jeep Gladiator Jtops Sunshade Review 20200805_143926
Jeep Gladiator Jtops Sunshade Review 20200805_134312

After seeing how much love some of the other brands like Spiderwebshade got I was second guessing spending over $200 on a sunshade, but this thing really is a premium product. Made in the USA too!
Sponsored

jsyn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Wow, see, here's the flipside: I can't overstate how much I hate this product. The install was miserable, I can't keep the bars in the rollbar grooves they belong in, the magnet is annoying to deal with, and the true killer for me: they're insanely loud when driving, even at just 35-40 mph. I hate hate hate them. I'd rather straight sun than put up with that sound (But I'm only taking the Freedom Panels off, not the whole top, so the sound generated could be different for your use case)

radioinstl

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Gladiator
Wow, see, here's the flipside: I can't overstate how much I hate this product. The install was miserable,
I can't keep the bars in the rollbar grooves they belong in,

"Zero problems with this"

the magnet is annoying to deal with,

"Again zero Problems, they work great"

and the true killer for me: they're insanely loud when driving, even at just 35-40 mph.

"Just put 1000 miles on my truck with mine including 70+ highway and very quite"
Pluses - They are made in the USA from US sourced parts. The customer service was awesome!!! I would be again from them based just on that!

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
Glad you like it. I opted for the SpiderWebShade. Pretty happy with it too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HjStrater

HjStrater

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Operations
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, install was far from difficult. Even with the Mopar grab handles that take up space in the same channels the rods sit in I didn't have an issue getting them to sit in nicely.

Only thing that I could see as being an issue is if you tried to install it without the top off or if you crank down one side tight without tightening the other side at all first.

No added noise at all at 70+mph for me either, then again I have never had just the freedom panels off. Seems like a pretty one off experience or just the wrong solution to his problem...

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Yeah, install was far from difficult. Even with the Mopar grab handles that take up space in the same channels the rods sit in I didn't have an issue getting them to sit in nicely.

Only thing that I could see as being an issue is if you tried to install it without the top off or if you crank down one side tight without tightening the other side at all first.

No added noise at all at 70+mph for me either, then again I have never had just the freedom panels off. Seems like a pretty one off experience or just the wrong solution to his problem...
Glad to know that I can use the Mopar grab handles, since the packaging says that they don't work with them.
Sponsored