Sponsored

June 2019 Gladiator Sales Report (US and Canada)

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
I like that Vipers are still selling. I see they sold 3 even though they’ve been discontinued.
Sponsored

3lseeker

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SS, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Irrational and ignorant question time!
Is there any merit to the idea of going lease instead of purchase to protect against the potential failure of the Gladiator?
With residual values so high, it makes for a nice hedge.
Thoughts?

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Sales will definitely improve. Right now most people cant get what they want, so they're waiting. My order is in! Only have a VON and status D

pparks72

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2016 Outback
Occupation
Retired
Doesn't take much to out sell the Ridgeline :CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:
What will you do without your in bed Trunk? Seriously I need ideas on where to put the tools/misc stuff I have in my 2010 Ridgeline when my JT Late Edition gets here...

Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
What will you do without your in bed Trunk? Seriously I need ideas on where to put the tools/misc stuff I have in my 2010 Ridgeline when my JT Late Edition gets here...
I've been pondering that issue for a couple months now. I'm thinking my jumper cables, ratchet straps, and tow strap will go behind the rear seats. My sun shade and window scraper will live under the rear seats. I'll probably get some molle pouches for the back of the seats to hold the wrenches, socket set, and first aid kit. Not sure if my blanket and tarp will fit behind the rear seats or if they'll have to go under.

For my fire extinguisher, Maglite, and collapsible two-wheel dolly, I'm hoping for something like this: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-industries-bedside-racks-any-interest.18152/
Might strap a milk crate to it to hold a bottle of washer fluid, tire patch kit, and the other loose items floating around the trunk. That should leave most of the bed free for hauling.

josephtai3

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
7200 ytd sux
but depends on inventory right? how many did they produce and available to sell vs sold. could be a high percentage of the sales. and by the looks of it, the gladiator sales are eating at the wrangler sales...

wrangler sales down 3k ytd, gladiator sales 4.2k

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
but depends on inventory right? how many did they produce and available to sell vs sold. could be a high percentage of the sales. and by the looks of it, the gladiator sales are eating at the wrangler sales...

wrangler sales down 3k ytd, gladiator sales 4.2k
Wrangler sales being down a bit can be just as easily explained as a normal 2nd model sale year dip after the launch rush of last year. Sure there is some parasitic loss from potential Wrangler buyers to Gladiator, but it sure is not the whole 3k loss going over either.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
The Gladiators, at least in New Mexico, are selling within hours or a day or two of hitting the lot. In essence, I think the Gladiator is selling nearly as fast as Jeep can build them. Dealers who have them aren't willing to let another dealer trade for them, either.

Nappi315

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 unlimited sport s 2020 Gladiator coming
I ordered mine 5/8 and still in D1 status. Sport s w it’s basically all the options of an Overland minus the painted fenders and top. Wanted Sting Grey, but settled for black cause I’m impatient and have been waiting years for this pickup to finally hit the market. But at this pace I probably won’t see my Gladiator until September

Sponsored

Nappi315

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 unlimited sport s 2020 Gladiator coming
Irrational and ignorant question time!
Is there any merit to the idea of going lease instead of purchase to protect against the potential failure of the Gladiator?
With residual values so high, it makes for a nice hedge.
Thoughts?
To each his own I guess. I never lease my Wranglers, cause the resale value is so high and I make out really well w the trade in, plus I like to customize my Jeep and get a new one when I want, not in the agreed upon time frame as w a lease

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
To add to the “slow” sales which I personally don’t believe to be true. This truck has never been featured on a commercial. They are not even trying to move them yet. Just fill dealer lots and fulfill custom orders.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
They got the Jeremy Renner ads correct. Hope they get the JT one's right when they come out. I'm still pissed they broke the small back window on that original Gladiator. ever tried to source one? I'm cool with the slow rollout theory for another model, but seriously, they waited 30 years to slow roll this? Intentionally? Like hey, we are going to create the coolest truck in years, but we want to be real careful not to fuck up the rollout while we work out the bugs? That requires that the rollout be a fine tuned drip. It ain't. This thing has been a headless horseman all along, so therefore I worry about sales not getting beyond the measly 200K Mark, which means price stays high and jeep lifestylers are just plain richer than tacoheads, and those minimum wage parts folks will never give me great tips because they've never even smelled a Gladiator...
Sponsored