Sponsored

Just Installed the Fox Steering Stabilizer. All I can say is WOW!

roth_nj

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
so im in the middle of trying to install this right now and the square part of the shaft of the bolt wont fit through the eye on the shock?

got fox 985-24-173?
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
so im in the middle of trying to install this right now and the square part of the shaft of the bolt wont fit through the eye on the shock?

got fox 985-24-173?
You need to order 6510774AA

nas4a

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Diesel
Good news!

We just tried it out with the steering stabilizer model you have, and it actually does work with just our relocation bracket! I'll leave the product link and some pictures below.

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/prod...bilizer-relocation-bracket-2007-2020-jk-jl-jt
3.jpg
@Clayton Off Road or others in this thread -

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm looking at upgrading my stabilizer post-lift. I'm really interested in the Fox TS, but I'm reading horror stories about the mounting bracket that comes with the JT version. Looking at the above, it appears that with Clayton's relocation bracket, the factory tie rod location is eliminated completely. Can someone help me understand the part number for the above FOX components? I get the Clayton part that is needed, but in the above picture, the tie rod clamp is Fox branded, and does not appear to be what comes with the JT Fox TS stabilizer. I'm guessing the above clamp is used in lieu of the Fox JT bracket that seems to cause people issues.

Do I need to order the Fox JT TS stabilizer with the bracket and then add an additional part from Fox for the track bar clamp that is used in lieu of the JT bracket? OR Is there a completely different Fox part number that comes with the above clamp that I can purchase?

Espo774

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL rubicon
Installed the fox 2.0 today, I cant really notice any pull to the right, like some members experienced…would I feel immediately a noticeable pull? If I didn’t read so many complaints of pull I wouldn’t even question it. I also don’t really notice too much difference between the fox and my stock SS on my 2022 Mojave 🤷🏼‍♂️

ReallyRedGladiator

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Glad i found this thread. Just installed it on my 20 Gladiator and its soooo much better

Sponsored

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
What was it doing that made you need a new SS? How is it better?

aceinfinity

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Mojave
I was reading through the threads the other night and came across a thread regarding this stabilizer. I had written off my JTR steering wobble as just another "Jeep thing". Boy was I wrong. Before this mod, the car would randomly sway on its own. Dart side to side, and I would have to make constant corrections. It was fatiguing. This has made a significant difference! tracks straight, no wobble, no sway, steering feels much tighter too! Note, my car is a stock Rubicon. Those of you with bigger tires, lift, etc will have other gremlins to dial out.

I'll try to do a little writeup for those interested.

I ordered this off amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MLB2HBQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Part number: Fox 98524173 2.0. Theres a cheaper 1.0 version but I went with the 2.0.

Price: 5/5. Was under $200 for such a big difference. I know this is subjective but it was a good deal IMO

Appearance/quality: 5/5. machined aluminum with a brushed finish. Solid ends and rubber bushings with metal sleeves.

Installation: 5/5. Took about 5 minutes. It took longer for my compressor to fill up than the entire install, I ended up using hand tools for it.

Tools required: 19mm socket and driver, torque wrench, large screw driver, rubber mallet (optional)

Installation Instructions:

1. Park your jeep and pull the E-Brake.

2. Take a photo of your original shock noting the orientation of the upper and lower mount. I've attached a basic diagram showing which mount is which.

3. Use the driver to remove the nuts holding the shock on. The drivers side nut has a tab behind it which you can use. Be careful of pinching, the tab can pinch you. The driver side bolt is a carriage bolt, it has a square shoulder to prevent it from spinning. You will need to put your hand on the head of this bolt and apply pressure to keep the square of the bolt seated and prevented from spinning.

4. Remove both bolts quickly, the shock will slowly decompress making the bolts a bit harder to remove. This is where the mallet comes in handy

5. unwrap and "prime" the Fox shock. Priming means slowly moving the piston in and out 3-4 times the entire length of travel.

6. I found it easy to lay the old shock beside the new and compress the Fox shock to match the approximate length and eye rotation.

7. Moving quickly, install the upper mount in first, then mount the lower mount.

8. Install the carriage bolt from the top down and hand thread the nut on.

9. If the shaft of the upper shock mount has misaligned, use your screwdriver to pry shock closed to make the holes concentric. If the screwdriver can't be inserted into the hole, you can pry it against the head of the upper shock mount. If all else fails, use your big ol bicep muscles to weasel it over.

10. Once holes are aligned, install the bolt almost all the way in, leaving room for the nut behind it.

11. Hand tighten the bolt against the nut, making sure to hold the tab and being careful not to get pinched.

12. Torque all bolts to 50-in/lb.

13. Hop in and take a test drive. You'll immediately feel a stiffer/tighter feel to the wheel. Your ride should be much more sturdy and wobble free.

Hope this helps!

IMG_5836.JPG

IMG_5837.JPG

IMG_5838.JPG

IMG_5839.JPG

IMG_5840.JPG

IMG_5841.JPG

IMG_5842.JPG

s.png
I was told to torque it down to 59 for/lbs??
Just installed my stabilizer. Probably the simplest mod one could do to a Gladiator. 10 minute job and that’s with getting tools out and put away. Took a short drive and could definitely feel a difference. Time will tell if there is actually a difference but I’m happy with this $150 mod so far.

121E034D-7FC1-454E-AAB0-F182A1C96AA2.jpeg
what torque specs did you use ? I can’t find the torque specs anywhere ???

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I looked in these forums and online many times. They all have different info. Mine got the good ole 59 ft/lbs because that’s what I found more of.
Close enough. Those specs are from the service manual. That bolt won't know the difference.