Sponsored

Just Installed the Fox Steering Stabilizer. All I can say is WOW!

BDK

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Does they sway issue on the JT's apply more to the Rubicon, or also apply to the Overland and Sport models?
Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Mine is an Overland and it wandered like crazy. Dropping the tire pressure from 38 psi to 34 PSI helped some and the steering stabilizer helped even more. Its still not great, but it doesn't feel dangerous anymore or like I have to constantly be super alert to keep in my lane.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I had plans to put both the Synergy sector shaft brace and the steering damper on, but I did not have the 42mm socket required for the steering box, so just the damper for now. I had no steering issues what so ever. I figured if I was gonna put more damping on the steering it would be a good idea to beef up the steering box mount. I am quite happy with the performance of the Fox steering damper. Not a huge difference, but it does take the refinement up a level. I would do it again in a heart beat.
Jeep Gladiator Just Installed the Fox Steering Stabilizer. All I can say is WOW! 20200423_222318
Jeep Gladiator Just Installed the Fox Steering Stabilizer. All I can say is WOW! 20200423_222330

lobelsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Gator
I had plans to put both the Synergy sector shaft brace and the steering damper on, but I did not have the 42mm socket required for the steering box, so just the damper for now. I had no steering issues what so ever. I figured if I was gonna put more damping on the steering it would be a good idea to beef up the steering box mount. I am quite happy with the performance of the Fox steering damper. Not a huge difference, but it does take the refinement up a level. I would do it again in a heart beat.
Jeep Gladiator Just Installed the Fox Steering Stabilizer. All I can say is WOW! 20200423_222330
You have it on upside down.
Xof

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
I don't have steering issues on my Rubicon. My question is that if a simple stabilizer change is making a huge difference, why don't Jeep make this change from the factory?

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I don't have steering issues on my Rubicon. My question is that if a simple stabilizer change is making a huge difference, why don't Jeep make this change from the factory?
Simple answer. Cost. Why do they put cheap ass shocks on all but the Rubicon Models? Same thing. I also think its because the fox steering stabilizer firms in the steering a bit. Some buyers like a lighter steering feel.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I got the Synergy Sector brace on with my Fox Damper right side up :). I am very happy with these two products. Together they make for a very solid steering feel. You would be hard pressed to know you were in a solid front axle vehicle with large tires. It is raining cats and dogs here and I hit a couple large puddles, and there was barely a tug on the steering wheel.

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTM White, 2021 JLR Black
Finally got some quality driving time on my JTR (all stock) with the new Fox stabilizer. At low speeds not much difference, you can feel slightly more intentional steering feedback in the wheel.

The big difference is at highway speed. There is a major highway under construction with all kind of cross overs and temporary lanes near my house. Annoying ridge right where your tires would hit. Drove this road to work most days since getting JTR last year. Hated the 5 miles of construction area.

Now, no problem, no tracking, no pulling, straight ahead with no effort on the wheel. Major difference!

And my steering was pretty tight before, no big problems and I am super super picky about tire feel and steering feedback.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well, my Fox TS Steering Stabilizer finally shipped today after 2 weeks on order (Amazon)... So much for having a Prime membership during this time... Granted, it is still 2-day shipping (left today, will be here Wednesday), but they they took 2 f*cking weeks to process and ship the order out!!! :mad:

I guess paying them $120 a year doesn't mean shit during a NWO government mandated dry-run for marshall law... :mad:

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Would there be any way to make one? I know a lot of JT guys have this model (TS) and the ATS (adjustable) version of it on their Gladiators. I figure a quick redesign might be possible with the basic setup yall already have... If not, that's cool...I don't plan on wheeling mine in any really hardcore offroad situations for a long time, and until I get a proper lift, and not just spacers on there.

I'd love to have a real 2.5" spring front lift, with about 1.5" springs in the rear, and adjustable track-bars and maybe some pre-built control arms with the proper length added, but still uses heim joints (or whatever they call them now?)... Like a budget spring kit that uses shock extension brackets for the factory Rubicon Fox shocks up front (I don't think 1.5" in the rear will be necessary for brackets, but don't quote me), but that is really capable offroad, as well as with towing at maximum Max Tow capacities (7,600 lbs.), so it has slightly stiffer rear springs.

Kind of a double-duty kit, but is still very daily-driver friendly, and tow-friendly, but very flexible offroad, as well. Is that something yall could put together, or look into possibly doing in the future? I'd love to test one out on my JTR, if yall do. I've demo'd diesel performance products before, and I've been building 4x4's and offroad trucks for almost 20 years, so I know how to be unbiased and give honest feedback when beta-testing products. :like:
Good news!

We just tried it out with the steering stabilizer model you have, and it actually does work with just our relocation bracket! I'll leave the product link and some pictures below.

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/prod...bilizer-relocation-bracket-2007-2020-jk-jl-jt

Jeep Gladiator Just Installed the Fox Steering Stabilizer. All I can say is WOW! 1
Jeep Gladiator Just Installed the Fox Steering Stabilizer. All I can say is WOW! 2
Jeep Gladiator Just Installed the Fox Steering Stabilizer. All I can say is WOW! 3

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@Clayton Off Road

Can you give me a measurement on how far down the track-bar to set the black Fox clamp? Or do you just make sure your tires and steering wheel are square, then measure equally the amount of rod sticking out each side? All the years of wrenching, and building trucks, I’ve never messed with a body-through designed stabilizer before.

Thanks.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
@Clayton Off Road

Can you give me a measurement on how far down the track-bar to set the black Fox clamp? Or do you just make sure your tires and steering wheel are square, then measure equally the amount of rod sticking out each side? All the years of wrenching, and building trucks, I’ve never messed with a body-through designed stabilizer before.

Thanks.
You'll need to find stabilizer center and lock it down there with the wheels straight. In CTR's image above, the end of the rod from below is the driver side of the damper:
  1. Force the body toward the end of the rod and measure from the body to the end of the rod (the valve inside will stop it at some point)
  2. Force the body away from the end of the rod until it stops and measure body to the end of the rod.
  3. Subtract #1 from #2 and you'll get the total available travel. Divide that in half to find center.
  4. With the body maxed out away from the end of the rod, measure from the body to the center value in #3. Mark it off with masking tape so that the edge of the tape is on that center line and the tape is toward the end of the rod.
  5. Center the wheels and lock it down where the body of the stabilizer touches the edge of the tape.
  6. Work the wheel side to side just to double check yourself.

JBahr

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Stingray Gray
Occupation
Sales
Can anyone give me a measurement on where you located the Tie Rod Steering Mount for the Clayton relocation Kit with the Fox shock? The instructions and video are for a Wrangler and it appears to be shorter... And yes I'm a newb...

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
I did mine today, just the ifp 2.0 performance. I can attest to the slight improvement over 80kmh. Less feedback than before. Of note, my stock unit had aeration when I compressed it, that crackling sound a blown shock makes. So yeah the stock units are cheap $12 parts and Im happy I made the upgrade. Rear Fox Mojave 2.5 shocks also installed at the same time. Daily improvement, I love it! Fronts tomorrow!
Sponsored