Sponsored

Just Installed the Fox Steering Stabilizer. All I can say is WOW!

RojStock

First Name
RK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Gator)
green is existing track bar hole. Kit comes with new bolt and nut for this. Red is 3/8” hole I drilled.
1. Remove track bar bolt
2. Temporarily install new bracket and tighten using old bolt.
3. Center punch existing frame bracket through new bracket hole. Make sure bracket is angled so when you put in stabilizer and bolt it clears the tie rod.
4. Drill out to 3/8”. Tricky because tie rod and drag link in way.
5. Remove new bracket and paint drilled area to prevent rust. 6. Install new bracket using new bolts.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
ordered, thanks for the link.

Bruce

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
Thanks!!!
Just arrived yesterday, still in the box! Great post, well done!!

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
green is existing track bar hole. Kit comes with new bolt and nut for this. Red is 3/8” hole I drilled.
1. Remove track bar bolt
2. Temporarily install new bracket and tighten using old bolt.
3. Center punch existing frame bracket through new bracket hole. Make sure bracket is angled so when you put in stabilizer and bolt it clears the tie rod.
4. Drill out to 3/8”. Tricky because tie rod and drag link in way.
5. Remove new bracket and paint drilled area to prevent rust. 6. Install new bracket using new bolts.
1.5 Unbolt drag link from steering knuckle, and push it out of the way for drilling.
7. Reattach drag link.

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTM White, 2021 JLR Black
I am installing mine tonight so i have not verified, but I believe the correct size for the bolt is 18mm

Sponsored

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for the links and the intsall tips, took 10 minutes.

Bruce

dcjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Thanks the write up! Been looking to do something about it for awhile. Like you I just thought it was a Jeep sway. Can't wait to install and test it on Monday.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Don't go without one of these my friends! Make sure you get that Steering Stabilizer out of harms way :like:

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/prod...bilizer-relocation-bracket-2007-2020-jk-jl-jt
Does it come with both brackets (axle mount & tie-rod mount)? Will this work with the Fox TS 2.0 (body-through) stabilizer?

I ordered one of these, but it hasn't shipped yet...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PFGHMB6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will definitely be ordering one of these. I thought the wander was just me lol.

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Even with the way it mounts to the bracket that comes with it, with the 2 small screws? The one for the JT doesn't have the Fox clamp bracket like in the first picture, it has the one with the mounting bracket like in the other pictures...From what I've been told.

lobelsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Gator

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Even with the way it mounts to the bracket that comes with it, with the 2 small screws? The one for the JT doesn't have the Fox clamp bracket like in the first picture, it has the one with the mounting bracket like in the other pictures...From what I've been told.
I apologize I actually did not see the Amazon link you provided in your original post, I thought you meant you purchased one of our products. I don't think that our Relocation Kit would work with that model Steering Stabilizer unfortunately.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I apologize I actually did not see the Amazon link you provided in your original post, I thought you meant you purchased one of our products. I don't think that our Relocation Kit would work with that model Steering Stabilizer unfortunately.
Would there be any way to make one? I know a lot of JT guys have this model (TS) and the ATS (adjustable) version of it on their Gladiators. I figure a quick redesign might be possible with the basic setup yall already have... If not, that's cool...I don't plan on wheeling mine in any really hardcore offroad situations for a long time, and until I get a proper lift, and not just spacers on there.

I'd love to have a real 2.5" spring front lift, with about 1.5" springs in the rear, and adjustable track-bars and maybe some pre-built control arms with the proper length added, but still uses heim joints (or whatever they call them now?)... Like a budget spring kit that uses shock extension brackets for the factory Rubicon Fox shocks up front (I don't think 1.5" in the rear will be necessary for brackets, but don't quote me), but that is really capable offroad, as well as with towing at maximum Max Tow capacities (7,600 lbs.), so it has slightly stiffer rear springs.

Kind of a double-duty kit, but is still very daily-driver friendly, and tow-friendly, but very flexible offroad, as well. Is that something yall could put together, or look into possibly doing in the future? I'd love to test one out on my JTR, if yall do. I've demo'd diesel performance products before, and I've been building 4x4's and offroad trucks for almost 20 years, so I know how to be unbiased and give honest feedback when beta-testing products. :like:
Sponsored