Sponsored

Just Installed the Fox Steering Stabilizer. All I can say is WOW!

lobelsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Gator
Be sure that if you are installing a relocation bracket, you get the right one.
I ordered Clayton one but only got the track-bar mount side. Now I have to order the tie ride side.
This relocates the bracket higher but moves the bracket from the axle caged mount to a U-bolt mount on the tie rod, and then moves the tie rod mount to a bracket on the track bar.

This is the two parts that are needed:

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/prod...ing-stabilizer-relocation-bracket-kit-2018-jl

On the JT part of their website it lists just the track bar mount.

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/prod...bilizer-relocation-bracket-2007-2020-jk-jl-jt

And if you are like me, you ordered just this part:

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/tie-rod-steering-stabilizer-mount

Bottom line:

Read this before ordering and click the top link. You will save yourself a few days waiting for parts and $12 in shipping.
Sponsored

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
Have a new one in box because I went with Falcon to match shocks I went with. Going to put it in marketplace discounted

Ncoughran0

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I'm sorry.. I'm new to the gladiator, and new to learning about these products. Thanks for the write up on this.. I would like to order this same part, but it says its specifically for a 2018 - 2019 wrangler... will it fit the 2020 gladiator?? Thanks!

I was reading through the threads the other night and came across a thread regarding this stabilizer. I had written off my JTR steering wobble as just another "Jeep thing". Boy was I wrong. Before this mod, the car would randomly sway on its own. Dart side to side, and I would have to make constant corrections. It was fatiguing. This has made a significant difference! tracks straight, no wobble, no sway, steering feels much tighter too! Note, my car is a stock Rubicon. Those of you with bigger tires, lift, etc will have other gremlins to dial out.

I'll try to do a little writeup for those interested.

I ordered this off amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MLB2HBQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Part number: Fox 98524173 2.0. Theres a cheaper 1.0 version but I went with the 2.0.

Price: 5/5. Was under $200 for such a big difference. I know this is subjective but it was a good deal IMO

Appearance/quality: 5/5. machined aluminum with a brushed finish. Solid ends and rubber bushings with metal sleeves.

Installation: 5/5. Took about 5 minutes. It took longer for my compressor to fill up than the entire install, I ended up using hand tools for it.

Tools required: 19mm socket and driver, torque wrench, large screw driver, rubber mallet (optional)

Installation Instructions:

1. Park your jeep and pull the E-Brake.

2. Take a photo of your original shock noting the orientation of the upper and lower mount. I've attached a basic diagram showing which mount is which.

3. Use the driver to remove the nuts holding the shock on. The drivers side nut has a tab behind it which you can use. Be careful of pinching, the tab can pinch you. The driver side bolt is a carriage bolt, it has a square shoulder to prevent it from spinning. You will need to put your hand on the head of this bolt and apply pressure to keep the square of the bolt seated and prevented from spinning.

4. Remove both bolts quickly, the shock will slowly decompress making the bolts a bit harder to remove. This is where the mallet comes in handy

5. unwrap and "prime" the Fox shock. Priming means slowly moving the piston in and out 3-4 times the entire length of travel.

6. I found it easy to lay the old shock beside the new and compress the Fox shock to match the approximate length and eye rotation.

7. Moving quickly, install the upper mount in first, then mount the lower mount.

8. Install the carriage bolt from the top down and hand thread the nut on.

9. If the shaft of the upper shock mount has misaligned, use your screwdriver to pry shock closed to make the holes concentric. If the screwdriver can't be inserted into the hole, you can pry it against the head of the upper shock mount. If all else fails, use your big ol bicep muscles to weasel it over.

10. Once holes are aligned, install the bolt almost all the way in, leaving room for the nut behind it.

11. Hand tighten the bolt against the nut, making sure to hold the tab and being careful not to get pinched.

12. Torque all bolts to 50-in/lb.

13. Hop in and take a test drive. You'll immediately feel a stiffer/tighter feel to the wheel. Your ride should be much more sturdy and wobble free.

Hope this helps!

IMG_5836.JPG

IMG_5837.JPG

IMG_5838.JPG

IMG_5839.JPG

IMG_5840.JPG

IMG_5841.JPG

IMG_5842.JPG

s.png

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad

RojStock

First Name
RK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Gator)
I ordered Clayton one but only got the track-bar mount side. Now I have to order the tie ride side.
This relocates the bracket higher but moves the bracket from the axle caged mount to a U-bolt mount on the tie rod, and then moves the tie rod mount to a bracket on the track bar.

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/prod...ing-stabilizer-relocation-bracket-kit-2018-jl

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/prod...bilizer-relocation-bracket-2007-2020-jk-jl-jt

Bottom line:

Read this before ordering and click the top link. You will save yourself a few days waiting for parts and $12 in shipping.
Hi lobelsteve,

Thanks for the info.

Can you post pics of your relocation bracket install when you are done? I keep seeing the tie-rod end of that everywhere but have not seen pics for the wheel side and what that might take to install. Seems straight forward but would like to see it.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored

ShikGluon

First Name
Zaza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Punk'n

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry.. I'm new to the gladiator, and new to learning about these products. Thanks for the write up on this.. I would like to order this same part, but it says its specifically for a 2018 - 2019 wrangler... will it fit the 2020 gladiator?? Thanks!
yes wrangler and Galdiator are the same in the front end.

Deleted member 24880

Just installed my stabilizer. Probably the simplest mod one could do to a Gladiator. 10 minute job and that’s with getting tools out and put away. Took a short drive and could definitely feel a difference. Time will tell if there is actually a difference but I’m happy with this $150 mod so far.

121E034D-7FC1-454E-AAB0-F182A1C96AA2.jpeg

hawk14414

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Billet silver JTR 6 speed

Bottom line:

Thanks for the link to Clayton's kit, just placed my order. I have a TS waiting to be installed, but wasn't quite clear on how to relocate. This looks to be perfect.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the link to Clayton's kit, just placed my order. I have a TS waiting to be installed, but wasn't quite clear on how to relocate. This looks to be perfect.
The Clayton bracket is great! I installed one on a friend’s Gladiator last weekend.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the TS model... Thanks to corona crap, I don’t expect to see it for a WHILE...Like 2nd week in May, even though I’m a Prime member (2-day shipping). :mad::angry:

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I just ordered the TS model... Thanks to corona crap, I don’t expect to see it for a WHILE...Like 2nd week in May, even though I’m a Prime member (2-day shipping). :mad::angry:
Maybe one of your local stores has it in stock. I have been able to get parts readily from AZ Offroad Performance here in Phoenix. I know the owner Rob does a lot on ebay, here is a link to one of his auctions for these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fox-2-0-Pe...645367?hash=item21577bb337:g:muUAAOSw8bdcpjYd

lobelsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Gator
Hi lobelsteve,

Thanks for the info.

Can you post pics of your relocation bracket install when you are done? I keep seeing the tie-rod end of that everywhere but have not seen pics for the wheel side and what that might take to install. Seems straight forward but would like to see it.

Thanks in advance!
Install was almost simple. You need to drill a hole in the trackbar frame bracket. Limited space to get in there. Other than that it is pretty simple.

2020-04-17 13.29.15.jpg

2020-04-17 14.28.03.jpg

2020-04-17 14.27.59.jpg

2020-04-17 14.27.50.jpg

RojStock

First Name
RK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Gator)
Install was almost simple. You need to drill a hole in the trackbar frame bracket. Limited space to get in there. Other than that it is pretty simple.

2020-04-17 13.29.15.jpg

2020-04-17 14.28.03.jpg

2020-04-17 14.27.59.jpg

2020-04-17 14.27.50.jpg
Awesome, Thanks!

So just for clarification, the red circle was the hole you had to drill and the green circle was already there and you replaced the factory bolt with the Kit Bolt, correct?

Jeep Gladiator Just Installed the Fox Steering Stabilizer. All I can say is WOW! {filename}

https://ibb.co/CJqLyG5
For the one you drilled out, how hard was it to get the nut on the bolt? Doesn't look like there is a lot of space there.

Good stuff, buying this set-up soon. Thanks Again!

<Edit> And apparently I need work on how to add pictures. lol

lobelsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Gator
Awesome, Thanks!

So just for clarification, the red circle was the hole you had to drill and the green circle was already there and you replaced the factory bolt with the Kit Bolt, correct?

Jeep Gladiator Just Installed the Fox Steering Stabilizer. All I can say is WOW! {filename}

https://ibb.co/CJqLyG5
For the one you drilled out, how hard was it to get the nut on the bolt? Doesn't look like there is a lot of space there.

Good stuff, buying this set-up soon. Thanks Again!

<Edit> And apparently I need work on how to add pictures. lol
green is existing track bar hole. Kit comes with new bolt and nut for this. Red is 3/8” hole I drilled.
1. Remove track bar bolt
2. Temporarily install new bracket and tighten using old bolt.
3. Center punch existing frame bracket through new bracket hole. Make sure bracket is angled so when you put in stabilizer and bolt it clears the tie rod.
4. Drill out to 3/8”. Tricky because tie rod and drag link in way.
5. Remove new bracket and paint drilled area to prevent rust. 6. Install new bracket using new bolts.
Sponsored