Sponsored

Just picked up bigger rubbers. What else do I need?

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
So my sport S max tow is 1 week old and still on the stock 245/75/17 duelers. I picked up some decent condition 315/70/17 KO2 tonight.
I don’t have a lift or level yet but plan to soon.
I plan to mount and balance these tires on the stock wheels. Is there anything that needs to be done for TPMS calibration? I know for speedo I’ll need to pick up a tazer or jscan to correct it. Is one better than the other?
What will happen if I run the 35s for a bit before flashing for the new size? Weird shifting? Codes on the dash?
School me!
Sponsored

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
If you use your stock wheels and tpms no calibrations needed, your gonna want a lift or level for the front end or do some trimming at least if not off-roading, you won’t have any issues running bigger tires without calibrating your Speedo shift points will be off a little and your fuel mileage will show lower than what it is, I like the tazer been very happy with it

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you use your stock wheels and tpms no calibrations needed, your gonna want a lift or level for the front end or do some trimming at least if not off-roading, you won’t have any issues running bigger tires without calibrating your Speedo shift points will be off a little and your fuel mileage will show lower than what it is, I like the tazer been very happy with it
so since tire pressures are different for the different size, you don’t have to reset anything with TPMS for new pressure limits??

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
so since tire pressures are different for the different size, you don’t have to reset anything with TPMS for new pressure limits??
I usually run my 315/70/17 same tire pressure as stocks 35-40 your not gonna want to air them up to what’s on the tire, but a tazer you can change your tpms settings, I personally have not

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I have 35's on my Max Tow Sport, and the only thing I had to do for clearance is remove the filler piece between the fender and front bumper. You won't have to do anything with the TPMS if you have the mechanics leave the sensors on the stock wheels, as previously mentioned. I used the JScan app/amazon adapters and my speedo and mpg's are almost dead on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks. my fender dam things are already gone. now i gotta decide jscan or tazer

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Get the JScan, that's what I'm using, it does everything the Tazer does but cost $200 less. I've been happy with mine. I ran 315 70 17 BFGs on max Tow for a day without adding any lift. You just got to trim behind the bumper at the bottom where there is a cover for the foglights or if you don't got a Max tow your going to need wider wheels..At full lock on a non Max tow or Rubicon your going to hit on the lower control arm slightly. The Max tow and Rubicons have wider axles which prevents that from happening. My buddy ran into that problem on his sport s non Max tow when he had 315 70 17 BFgs put on his, he added a 1" wheel spacers to keep them from hitting at full lock.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator