Key FOBissue, and its not the size

krcaton

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
So I pm'd Jeep Cares and provided my VIN, mileage and local dealer and the reply was to contact the dealer on my own. @JeepCares are you no longer assisting owners with getting the fobs replaced?
Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
@krcaton Your dealer is in the best position to address this. If you are in need of assistance while in service, please let us know.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
The key sucks. I got proximity because I don't like keys but I now have a spare back door in my pocket.

slothead

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Overland
Occupation
NASA Consultant - EE
Vehicle Showcase
Traded in my 2014 JKU Rubicon for a Gladiator Rubicon. The size of the FOB's did surprise me, but I can live with it. What I found very weird was the gap on the battery cover. Have a look at my photo. Is that gap supposed to be there? Both my FOB's are like this. The dealer told me its to pop the cover off, but I don't buy it. They look put together incorrectly. I dont see how they can seal properly with the gap being there.

IMG_20190629_084836 (2).jpg
I agree, it looks shoddy. I have one of mine in my hand and I tried popping the side off. It started but it did not want to come off completely so I snapped it back closed. Now it looks the same as before I tried to pop it off. What I woiuld really like is an app on the phone (or better yet, my Watch) that could the same things as the fob.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, it looks shoddy. I have one of mine in my hand and I tried popping the side off. It started but it did not want to come off completely so I snapped it back closed. Now it looks the same as before I tried to pop it off. What I woiuld really like is an app on the phone (or better yet, my Watch) that could the same things as the fob.
The Uconnect phone app will do most of what is available on the FOB. The FOB still has to be in the truck to be able to drive it.

Sponsored

bradj1964

First Name
brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport
Mine was the same way, dealer ordered 2 new key fobs for me, no problem to replace them, ordered on a thursday by monday had the new ones, replaced tuesday

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased my JT the day before Easter and the fob has no gaps. was built on March of 2020.

Bruce

krcaton

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Well, my dealer called yesterday and had the replacement fobs in stock. It took about 45 minutes for them to to swap them out and now all is good. As the replacement was done as a warranty claim, there was no charge.
Sponsored