LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS!

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara Tank Green
How are led (factory or replacement) in the rain? I’ve heard that on wet roads, they do not spread well. Is that true for these or the factory LED headlights???
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
How are led (factory or replacement) in the rain? I’ve heard that on wet roads, they do not spread well. Is that true for these or the factory LED headlights???
Don't k ow about that but the jl guys have had issues with snow collecting on the led headlights because they're too efficient and don't warm up enough.
Not all snow, just certain conditions.

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets
Drove around Jersey City NJ last night and not one flash from oncoming traffic. When I parked last night, I made it a point to stand in front of vehicle 20/30 feet away from a few angles as if I was coming toward it from another vehicle and at no angle did I blind myself. I guess only time will tell, but pretty configsent these will work, and at $40 a set, if I get 5/6 months out of or more, well worth it!

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
I drove in the rain the other night. I didn't notice any problems or change with the spread.

OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I live in TX. We don't know what rain is during the summer :whew::no::CWL:

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Drove around Jersey City NJ last night and not one flash from oncoming traffic. When I parked last night, I made it a point to stand in front of vehicle 20/30 feet away from a few angles as if I was coming toward it from another vehicle and at no angle did I blind myself. I guess only time will tell, but pretty configsent these will work, and at $40 a set, if I get 5/6 months out of or more, well worth it!
awesome, thanks! I gotta buy some and try for myself.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Front end done. Here is the total package per the original poster's recommendations*. Solid upgrade for $98.96

Fog Lights $24.99 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H8CAC5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Day Time Running Lights $16.49 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H6YPB8N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

UPDATE: Front Turn Signal Lights $17.49 (Not huge difference, but about 30% brighter)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H6TDYZR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Headlights $39.99 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GKCNPD1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

*The only exception I had to the original post was that I did not blackout/tape the tips of the fog lights. After playing with both versions, I decided to leave as-is and use in extreme weather or off road - not run them during normal night driving (the headlights alone were more than I had before with both sets of lights on).

So far the entire system has performed in all weather conditions (except snow) and NOT had anyone flash me for too bright of lights, etc. Thanks to @mikesjt for the original post.

IMG_8845.JPG

Last edited:

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
Front end done. Here is the total package per the original poster's recommendations*. Solid upgrade for $81.47

Fog Lights $24.99 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H8CAC5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Day Time Running Lights $16.49 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H6YPB8N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Headlights $39.99 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GKCNPD1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

*The only exception I had to the original post was that I did not blackout/tape the tips of the fog lights. After playing with both versions, I decided to leave as-is and use in extreme weather or off road - not run them during normal night driving (the headlights alone were more than I had before with both sets of lights on).

So far the entire system has performed in all weather conditions (except snow) and NOT had anyone flash me for too bright of lights, etc. Thanks to @mikesjt for the original post.

IMG_8845.JPG
Night shot? Are the lights different colors? I'm trying to match up my OEM steel bumper LED fogs to new LED headlight/marker bulbs.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation

That's a product of color temperature, not bulb type. Anything with a 5,000+ color temp is going to suck in rain and snow.

That's why I went with the amber colored LED bulbs in my fog lights. They cut through the weather awesome if things get foul outside.

Sponsored

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
That's a product of color temperature, not bulb type. Anything with a 5,000+ color temp is going to suck in rain and snow.

That's why I went with the amber colored LED bulbs in my fog lights. They cut through the weather awesome if things get foul outside.
What temp are the factory LED's?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DUDE!!! you rock, thanks so much for re-posting this. lol one stop light upgrade coming up!

EDIT: ORDERED!
EDIT2: PRIME 1 day shipping, will arrive tomorrow! Bonus! :involve:

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
DUDE!!! you rock, thanks so much for re-posting this. lol one stop light upgrade coming up!

EDIT: ORDERED!
EDIT2: PRIME 1 day shipping, will arrive tomorrow! Bonus! :involve:
No problem. Just confirming (and resharing the links) from @mikesjt originally shared. :)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem. Just confirming (and resharing the links) from @mikesjt originally shared. :)
Yes thanks @mikesjt for originally sharing. I've just been super busy and havn't dug back through all 6 pages to see which products were used where, ect.

Thanks again guys!

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes thanks @mikesjt for originally sharing. I've just been super busy and havn't dug back through all 6 pages to see which products were used where, ect.

Thanks again guys!
It has been a great thread indeed!
Sponsored

Last edited: