LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
If I could only figure out how to keep the DRL on when the Headlights are on that would be great. Set to Turn signals, they turn off when I turn on the headlights. I'd love to have them all burning at night together.
Do you have a taser? I swear there was some kind of option in there like that. I will need to check to be sure, but I think I ended up disabling my DRL in one of those menus (still halogen, couldn't have that embarassment on all day), there was a decent amount of options.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a taser? I swear there was some kind of option in there like that. I will need to check to be sure, but I think I ended up disabling my DRL in one of those menus (still halogen, couldn't have that embarassment on all day), there was a decent amount of options.
I got a JScan and it has the option to keep it the main DRL on when the headlights are on but not when I set it to turn signals. I'd like the amber and running lights to be on with the headlights. I may have to play with the settings a little bit. It has a couple different DRL options to choose from

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Did my tailights today and not as impressed about the tailights as I was about the front lights. Could be the bulb and how the light is dispersed. Got Sylvania 7443 bulbs and they work but they aren't no where near as bright as the Halogens. I'm sticking with the Halogens for now on the Taillights. It will be a full replacement if I don't at all. I'm thinking about doing some blackouts on the Tail lights anyway. Ya'll tell me, could be my eyes

Led drivers side
Jeep Gladiator LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS! IMG_20200505_195716

Halogen passenger side
Jeep Gladiator LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS! IMG_20200505_195707

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
Did my tailights today and not as impressed about the tailights as I was about the front lights. Could be the bulb and how the light is dispersed. Got Sylvania 7443 bulbs and they work but they aren't no where near as bright as the Halogens. I'm sticking with the Halogens for now on the Taillights. It will be a full replacement if I don't at all. I'm thinking about doing some blackouts on the Tail lights anyway. Ya'll tell me, could be my eyes

Led drivers side

Halogen passenger side
I found the same thing on my JKU when I swapped mine out for LEDs, I ended up replacing the whole housing and returning the bulbs. Once they come out with some non Fugly aftermarket full replacement ones, I'll probably do that on my JT too.

Thank you, it makes it easier to live with the halogen ones for now.

Thanks for posting this, It s

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

Led drivers side

Halogen passenger side
Did you put in red LED bulbs? If you put in white led bulbs in rear red housing that previously had incandescent bulbs, the light spectrum is not the same with white LEDS and will wash out the red lens lighting and show more white than red light.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Did you put in red LED bulbs? If you put in white led bulbs in rear red housing that previously had incandescent bulbs, the light spectrum is not the same with white LEDS and will wash out the red lens lighting and show more white than red light.
I did both, 3157 red led and 7443 white, both where the Sylvania ones like I used in the front. The 3157 red were a little loose in the plug but I was able to make them work. They just aren't as bright as the Halogens are. I'm pretty sure it's how the light is dispersed in the lens of the tail lights compared to the Halogens. They had a different 7443 that dispersed the light all the way around, I was tempted to grab them and see if they made a difference but I'm really not that worried about the rears. They seem pretty bright as they are and I'm considering black out covers for them anyway. Something like this

https://www.quadratec.com/p/gt-styling/taillight-covers-jeep-gladiator-jt

BmoreGlad

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I read through this thread and decided to go the LED route. I didn’t use the lights listed by OP, but I’ll share my findings. I went with Sylvania Zevo White LED in the DRL and reverse lights. Cost $50 for all four.

First off was the reverse. They were plug and play. That simple. Zero issues. They were an obviously brighter white light, but I haven’t seen them at night, so output is TBD. Bulb number for my Sport S was 921. First photo shows LED left and halogen right. Second is LED in both.

Next is the DRL. I do have a Sport S, but a package my Gladiator came with added the upgraded DRL assembly. I have one bulb for blinker and another bulb for DRL. There is a side marker that is separate as well. The bulb number for the DRL was 7443. These bulbs were plug and play as well. They worked EXACTLY as the halogen bulbs did. They come on when AUTO is selected when headlights are on or off, when lights are turned to ON, when lights are turned to DRL only, when fog lights are on, etc. EXACTLY like the halogen lights. I say all that because when doing research I read that some LED bulbs that replaced halogen would only work on AUTO. These work just like they were factory except they look MUCH better.

Good luck to anyone who goes for this. You’ll not be disappointed. Now for headlights and fog lights!!:rock:
I just installed the sylvania 7443 in the DRLs and I noticed that only 2 of the four LEDs on the housing light up (one on each side). Are you able to tell or do you remember if all four LEDs lit up for you? My driver and passenger side both did this so I'm not thinking its a fitment or install issue.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I just installed the sylvania 7443 in the DRLs and I noticed that only 2 of the four LEDs on the housing light up (one on each side). Are you able to tell or do you remember if all four LEDs lit up for you? My driver and passenger side both did this so I'm not thinking its a fitment or install issue.
There are two bulbs on each fender. White are DRL and the amber are blinkers. If you’re talking about the bulb itself only having 2 of 4 LED lights lighting up I don’t know. Mine work as they should and are equally as bright on both sides.

BmoreGlad

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
There are two bulbs on each fender. White are DRL and the amber are blinkers. If you’re talking about the bulb itself only having 2 of 4 LED lights lighting up I don’t know. Mine work as they should and are equally as bright on both sides.
Never mind...disregard...looks like the yellow square is just a reflector for the LED.
Jeep Gladiator LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS! 1589559138405

Last edited:

Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Anyone have an updated on the bulbs as amazon is out of stock from the original post....maybe an improved update

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have an updated on the bulbs as amazon is out of stock from the original post....maybe an improved update
Here they are, they are still available and mine are still good to go. I just had to go back to my stock housing for the foglights because my new bumper wasn't compatible with the led ones I bought so I picked up the bulbs linked here as well for the fogs and they are great as well

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GKPR452/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_dL31EbJX9ZGYZ

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H8CAC5K/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_iO31EbVCA9GNW
Jeep Gladiator LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS! IMG_20200602_191555

Jeep Gladiator LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS! IMG_20200602_191829

intofx

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland - North Edition, 2017 Fiat 500e, 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 1969 Meyers Tow'd
A few things: I got my bulbs based on this thread in the mail today and headed to the garage. After digging into the front of my Gladiator I realized that these lights linked several pages later in this thread (after the first link said "currently unavailable") are not the same light: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PZC16SF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Unless I'm missing something, these WILL NOT WORK WITH OUR TRUCKS. The connectors are just simple paddle-style connectors at the end of two wires. DO NOT ORDER THEM.

UPDATE: I reinstalled the fogs and now they work. Strange but, I'll take it.

Luckily the DRL's, fogs, and turn signals work great but my Gladiator looks stupid with orange headlights now... :( So, out of desperation, I ordered the suggested headlights from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082BB2PWL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). They were almost twice the price but still cheaper than other alternatives. I'll report back once I install them...

Last edited:

intofx

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland - North Edition, 2017 Fiat 500e, 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 1969 Meyers Tow'd
A few things: I got my bulbs based on this thread in the mail today and headed to the garage. After digging into the front of my Gladiator I realized that these lights linked several pages later in this thread (after the first link said "currently unavailable") are not the same light: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PZC16SF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Unless I'm missing something, these WILL NOT WORK WITH OUR TRUCKS. The connectors are just simple paddle-style connectors at the end of two wires. DO NOT ORDER THEM.

UPDATE: I reinstalled the fogs and now they work. Strange but, I'll take it.

Luckily the DRL's, fogs, and turn signals work great but my Gladiator looks stupid with orange headlights now... :( So, out of desperation, I ordered the suggested headlights from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082BB2PWL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). They were almost twice the price but still cheaper than other alternatives. I'll report back once I install them...
These are the only “fits your vehicle” Headlight option I found on Amazon (link above). They are a little more expensive but they worked without issue.

Matt

71685FC0-B52C-4EEE-8E91-FE74ACC80F8F.jpeg

2B95D560-8C90-4456-B521-115A933E4BFF.jpeg

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
Here they are, they are still available and mine are still good to go. I just had to go back to my stock housing for the foglights because my new bumper wasn't compatible with the led ones I bought so I picked up the bulbs linked here as well for the fogs and they are great as well

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GKPR452/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_dL31EbJX9ZGYZ

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H8CAC5K/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_iO31EbVCA9GNW
Jeep Gladiator LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS! 2B95D560-8C90-4456-B521-115A933E4BFF

Jeep Gladiator LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS! 2B95D560-8C90-4456-B521-115A933E4BFF
Please remove this link to the headlight. It is not the correct bulb. Just found out the hard way. Again, please remove the link. These are H13 and not H11. I should have looked more closely before ordering.
Sponsored