Sponsored

LED Headlights are dangerous in snow/ice storm

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Never took it as such, and i dont think anyone would take it like that so you're good šŸ‘ sorry if my post sounded like you were.
Iā€™M OFFENDED! How DARE YOU speak on my behalf and ASSUME no one ā€œwould take it that wayā€? THE NERVE of some people! And youā€™re SORRY? What are you, CANADIAN?

;)
Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Iā€™M OFFENDED! How DARE YOU speak on my behalf and ASSUME no one ā€œwould take it that wayā€? THE NERVE of some people! And youā€™re SORRY? What are you, CANADIAN?

;)
Just because I made an ass of ME and...well..ME, doesn't mean I can't be SORRY :mad::mad:

PS sorry about the nerves on said person

PPS I'm not from Canadialand but from Romania...same thing right? šŸ˜

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I DO NOT have LED headlights, so I might be in the wrong thread. I just could not find one that relates to my question. I was driving from Salt Lake City to Evanston, Wyoming tonight and got into a nightmare of a blizzard. Living in Wyoming, Iā€™m used to blizzards but Iā€™m not usually driving at night. My headlights (non LED) completely caked up with ice and snow. I couldnā€™t see 3 feet in front of my car. I couldnā€™t just ā€œpull overā€ on I-80 so had to follow a truck or car all the way home. When another vehicle wasnā€™t in sight, I couldnā€™t see the stripes. White knuckles for sure. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I can do to not have this problem again? Is there such a thing as a heat strip for headlights? Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I DO NOT have LED headlights, so I might be in the wrong thread. I just could not find one that relates to my question. I was driving from Salt Lake City to Evanston, Wyoming tonight and got into a nightmare of a blizzard. Living in Wyoming, Iā€™m used to blizzards but Iā€™m not usually driving at night. My headlights (non LED) completely caked up with ice and snow. I couldnā€™t see 3 feet in front of my car. I couldnā€™t just ā€œpull overā€ on I-80 so had to follow a truck or car all the way home. When another vehicle wasnā€™t in sight, I couldnā€™t see the stripes. White knuckles for sure. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I can do to not have this problem again? Is there such a thing as a heat strip for headlights? Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
There are plenty of posts on this.

Rainx could help.

There are also heated headlights out there you can buy.

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the research Iā€™ve done on this forum comes up pertaining to LED lights in snow or how the halogen lights suck as far as brightness goes (they do). But after really looking at my lights, Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that it wasnā€™t the lights themselves, but the fact they sit so far back in the headlight housing. I think it was snowing so fast and so hard that my halogen lights just couldnā€™t burn of the snow/ice fast enough. Maybe there isnā€™t a solution but Iā€™ve got to believe that someone else in snow country has had this same problem. Iā€™ve driven Jeeps exclusively since 1994 and this is the first time Iā€™ve really had a problem.

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the research Iā€™ve done on this forum comes up pertaining to LED lights in snow or how the halogen lights suck as far as brightness goes (they do). But after really looking at my lights, Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that it wasnā€™t the lights themselves, but the fact they sit so far back in the headlight housing. I think it was snowing so fast and so hard that my halogen lights just couldnā€™t burn of the snow/ice fast enough. Maybe there isnā€™t a solution but Iā€™ve got to believe that someone else in snow country has had this same problem. Iā€™ve driven Jeeps exclusively since 1994 and this is the first time Iā€™ve really had a problem.
Recessed headlights being a problem was also noted lol. This is literally the definition of a Jeep thing. And it's shitty.

Still holding my breath for JW to come out with 9" heated headlights...

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
what would be great is if someone just made a plug and play heater film or element that could work with the factory headlight. I wish there was a solutiont that didn't look like it was dropping out of light speed from a sci fi movie. For Fā€™s sake the majority of owners pollā€™d here on this site are over 40 years old. most of us dont want demon eyes. Or RGB color halos. Or strobes. Or Decepticon eyeballs. Or whatever the F else is on the market. I just dont want snow building up on my headlamps.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
You guys will think this funny. Mine froze up the other day. I couldn't find the damn scraper and I needed to go and the kids were loaded up. What did I do? Peed. Yep cleared them with pee. Highly recommended.

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
You guys will think this funny. Mine froze up the other day. I couldn't find the damn scraper and I needed to go and the kids were loaded up. What did I do? Peed. Yep cleared them with pee. Highly recommended.
Necessity is the mother of all invention. Killed two birds with one stone.
Our female friends will be left out of this ā€œmodā€

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Posting these from my first week of ownership just incase Jeep is listening :)

Jeep Gladiator LED Headlights are dangerous in snow/ice storm tempImagev4Y9Wh

You must have gotten into yesterdayā€™s storm! i Wish I had taken a picture of mine the night I drove through Park City in a blizzard. Snow and ice completely packed the headlight well. Lesson learned: donā€™t drive in a blizzard at night in your Jeep!!
Sponsored