Let’s hear it for Selec-Speed!

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
It is really great. I've used it on some tight trails while climbing a hill before, and enjoyed setting it and then just focusing on steering to avoid some body damage.

I've wondered if I did the paddle shifter mod, if I'd be able to use the paddles to control the mph instead of the shifter. That'd be really cool and if I knew it would work for sure, then I have to go attack my wallet again...
After picking my youngest up from wrestling practice tonight, I quickly checked if the Paddle shifters work for duck mode ... yes, yes they do ... I first tried it after moving the shifter into "manual" mode ... no problem ... the updates on the dash with the shifting (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 0.6mph, 1.2 mph, 1.8 mph, 2.5 mph, 3.1 mph, 3.7 mph, 4.2 mph, and 5.0 mph) ... since the only issue with Paddle shifters during normal automatic (non-duck, non-"manual") operations is that the the gear number doesn't show on the dash, I tested duck mode with the shifter in "D" ... everything worked perfectly (no differences)

Then the reality check from the back seat ... "Dad, what are you doing? " ... "Testing duck mode, buddy" ... "Do they call it duck mode because you are moving so slow that somebody could walk by and still put a duck on your jeep?":CWL:
Sponsored