First Name
BRAYAND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
Occupation
USN
We have a pretty good idea the the ecodiesel will be coming to the JT.....

So... where do we start with the upgrades? Any good aftermarket brands making anything for it?
I’m just seating here.... realizing that I’ve never owned a Diesel engine, I know that the economy and durability of them is where I need to be.... boy is an exiting time to start I guess.
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Green Diesel Engineering.
Banks Power.

To name 2.

Not sure that bad boy needs a single thing to perform though. Four Hundred Forty Two. BOOM.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
I have had this same conversation multiple times with a buddy of mine who has owned diesels in the past and it sounds promising with some simple bolt ons and a tune/piggy back module the power increases will be significant. This is obviously speculating, but if its anything like modern diesels we can expect some nice gains with some simple work. Being as the engine will be both in the JL and the JT the upgrades should be easy to come by, and plentiful. And I couldn't agree more, finally get a factory Jeep truck with a diesel is definitely an exciting time to be alive!

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
I have had this same conversation multiple times with a buddy of mine who has owned diesels in the past and it sounds promising with some simple bolt ons and a tune/piggy back module the power increases will be significant. This is obviously speculating, but if its anything like modern diesels we can expect some nice gains with some simple work. Being as the engine will be both in the JL and the JT the upgrades should be easy to come by, and plentiful. And I couldn't agree more, finally get a factory Jeep truck with a diesel is definitely an exciting time to be alive!
The only thing I hope for is an EGR bypass like Green diesel does with their tune. Not a delete as those are illegal, something that bypasses it in software so can't be detected during smog test.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Karnaj nice to see they do ECU and TCU tuning as well. Definitely something to look into when the time comes. Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

samichlaus

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Taco
I have never owned a diesel. I love the idea, but wonder if an oil-burner is the right choice, as my daily commute is 10 miles of city driving each way. I drive on the freeway maybe once a month.

OP
OP
OSO131

OSO131

First Name
BRAYAND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
Occupation
USN
So far the only mods I see that won’t kill the engine are to cold air intake and a exhaust.... everting else seem to degraded the life of the motor. Am I missing anything ?

Valicor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commander
I'm definitely going with a diesel. The only mod I plan on doing right away is likely the Smart Stop-Start plugin which was posted by another user on this forum. http://www.smartstopstart.com/ (not affiliated, and I have no idea if this is a good product...)

I have ZERO experience with Stop-Start but I already know I hate it.

OP
OP
OSO131

OSO131

First Name
BRAYAND
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVY 1500 SILVERADO
Occupation
USN
I got to drive a few vehicles with start and stop while I was in Europe. Definitely annoying at first, but I didn’t even think about it after a few hours of driving. I’ll give it a shot first and see how it goes.

Valicor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commander
I got to drive a few vehicles with start and stop while I was in Europe. Definitely annoying at first, but I didn’t even think about it after a few hours of driving. I’ll give it a shot first and see how it goes.
I MIGHT be okay with it on the road. Hell, it might even be a neat thing to show off to people. But off road, or in extreme weather, I feel like this would be terrible. Last thing I want is to be on a 30 degree hill and the engine turns off to save fuel. I plan on getting an automatic (yeah yeah) but I do a lot of left foot on brake, right foot on accelerator. So, if I'm fully stopped with my foot on the brake, but I want to give it fuel, can I ??? Too many unknowns for me at the moment.

Sponsored

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
I'll give it a shot but I'll probably be looking to disable it. I have it on my wife's car and I always turn it off when I'm driving, and that's in the city. Maybe in the Jeep it will auto-disable if you throw it in 4wd? I'd hate for it to turn off when wheeling on a steep hill, too.

samichlaus

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Taco
Last edited by a moderator:

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
Last edited by a moderator:

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
I have never owned a diesel. I love the idea, but wonder if an oil-burner is the right choice, as my daily commute is 10 miles of city driving each way. I drive on the freeway maybe once a month.
You would not be a good choice for a diesel for about 7 reasons.