Sponsored

Let's talk about window tint (a small guide)

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Anyone know the legal tint allowed for NC? That being said..

-what tint % do you do over the factory to stay legal?

-can you tint the soft back window?

-whats the darkest you can do on your windshield?
Sponsored

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Alright, you guys got me. I had the front driver / passenger windows tinted this weekend and its amazing. I am now considering the windshield, but want a very light tint - just enough to take the edge off, if you will. Definitely dont want to impede night time vision, but would like to reduce the glare factor a bit.

Now that Im driving around with the front windows tinted and the windshield unmodified, its like im staring at the sun all the time haha, it exacerbates it quite a bit.

OP
OP
Ted Striker

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to update this thread with the tinting I had done on the new Gladiator. I decided to do some cost saving and with with carbon instead of carbon ceramic. I also did not tint the windshield after the last fiasco of having to replace the windshield on the white Jeep 2 days after I got it tinted, Basically, $250 down the drain. That being said, I did notice a difference in heat rejection not being as good with the carbon vs the carbon ceramic and wish I would have gone with the latter.

I had 20% put on the front and 35% put on the sides and rear over the factory privacy glass.

Jeep Gladiator Let's talk about window tint (a small guide) IMG_3747

Scrunner

First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I had mine done this weekend. I went with 40 over the back factory and 20 on the front. They didn't have 35 in the same film as 20, and I thought 30 would be too dark over the back. I wish I had gone darker now, but hopefully this will cut down on the "mirror effect" inside at night a little?? Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the way it looks!
Jeep Gladiator Let's talk about window tint (a small guide) IMG_0820.JPEG
Jeep Gladiator Let's talk about window tint (a small guide) IMG_0819.JPEG
Sponsored