Sponsored

Windshield Tint % to go with?

TheScott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I am trying to decide on what percentage to tint my windshield. What percentage do you have, do you wish you would have gone +/- and lets see some pictures.
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Seems this would impair your nighttime vision, not sure why you would want to do that.

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had mine done at 20, same as front and back windows. Took some getting use to, but I like it.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
20% to match the back.

OP
OP
TheScott

TheScott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Seems this would impair your nighttime vision, not sure why you would want to do that.
For a couple reasons. First of all I have very light sensitive eyes and wear sunglasses pretty much until dark. The other reason is that if/when I do put my sun visor down it blocks a good portion of my viewing area.

I am not looking for limo tint, just something to ease my eyes.

My friend who is a rep for a tiny manufacturer recommended I do a ceramic 40%.

Reactions: Mac

Sponsored

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
If you want to be like the people in the hood, near my office, go so dark you can't see in the car at all. I don't know how they drive at night.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Impressed with the VKool products and windshield approved.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Same here, 20% to match the back windows.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I agree with the ceramic, it will reduce glare through the glass and keep the heat down.

As for tinting the windshield, I wouldn't go past the limits set by your State. Keep in mind when you leave your State you could be in violation where ever you travel and some locales will go all the way to impoundment until violation is corrected. Someone will come in and say "Oh they don't do that" trust me they do and it gets expensive fast.

AmosMoses01

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Technology
Agree with above guidance on legal checks/concerns with out of state. I had ceramic done on windshield, but with no tint at all - only bring that up to note that it is great for reducing heat (don't even have to put up sun shades which is awesome), I do notice banding while wearing polarized sunglasses. Nothing that impedes vision, and if not wearing the sunglasses I can't tell that it's there, but it was something I wasn't expecting.

Sponsored

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Agree with above guidance on legal checks/concerns with out of state. I had ceramic done on windshield, but with no tint at all - only bring that up to note that it is great for reducing heat (don't even have to put up sun shades which is awesome), I do notice banding while wearing polarized sunglasses. Nothing that impedes vision, and if not wearing the sunglasses I can't tell that it's there, but it was something I wasn't expecting.
It's funny you mention this, and is why I don't buy polarized sunglasses despite knowing how much people love them.... they are "great" right until they aren't..... have bit me a few times now, from everything from airplane screens or windshields to random electronics.

But, that clear ceramic on the windshield sounds awesome about the heat!!! I'll have to check it out. I assume any decent tint shop will know what I'm talking about? Or is there a preferred product?

Thanks!

DREDnot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2012 Chevy Caprice PPV, 1998 M1123
Occupation
Centurion, Earth Occupation Forces
just had mine done.
Whatever percentage is legal here now with a limo tint visor on top of it.
Its the ceramic style.
No issues at night so far. I forget its there.
But the amount of heat it blocks out is the real story.
Fantastic!
Im taking my Caprice to get done. It has an acre of windshield glass and black dash.

Jeep Gladiator Windshield Tint % to go with? 20211003_121318

Jeep Gladiator Windshield Tint % to go with? 20211003_121304cro

20211007_143236.jpg

Last edited:

Jeep_guy3

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave and 1999 Jeep TJ
https://www.tinting-laws.com/missouri/

In my state in order to tint the entire windshield LEGALLY it would require a prescription from a licensed physician. I would imagine you’ll have to have that prescription handy for any reputable shop to apply it, so they don’t have any liability involved.

AmosMoses01

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Technology
It's funny you mention this, and is why I don't buy polarized sunglasses despite knowing how much people love them.... they are "great" right until they aren't..... have bit me a few times now, from everything from airplane screens or windshields to random electronics.

But, that clear ceramic on the windshield sounds awesome about the heat!!! I'll have to check it out. I assume any decent tint shop will know what I'm talking about? Or is there a preferred product?

Thanks!
Yeah, I'd expect any decent shop to be familiar with it. Here's what was put on mine: https://northamerica.llumar.com/aut...lm/clear-window-tint/clear-window-tint-series

A pretty cool thing that they did was put an "extra / double upped" rectangle of the clear tint in the lower left corner, so the yearly state registration sticker could go on it and reduce risk of damage to the tint application when peeling off the registration sticker each year. Not sure if all shops do that (heck, not sure of all states have the windshield stickers either), but may be useful info to you.

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
I had mine done at 50%. It is subtle and doesn't get a 2nd look from police. I've had previous cars at 35% when I was younger and it seemed to draw a lot of attention, but I liked it. I recently drove a truck with 35% and thought it was too much, so I am glad I went with 50% (I figure I'm just getting older). I don't see how you guys with 20% drive at night. You must be in your early 20s! :LOL:
Sponsored