First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
If you wanted to add a say a 1/2" or 1" spacer in the front you would need them though, correct? Say to take away some of the rake or to make up for a winch/bumper?

Im about to get a lift and Im up between a MOPAR and JKS. The adjustability of the JKS is something I keep looking at. Correct me if Im wrong but from what I understand, the MOPAR raises front and rear so you still have the 1.5/1.75" of rake. Id rather not have that much, but from another thread I see where a member added a .75" spacer and had to get either adjustable LCA or geometry correction brackets to help with his alignment.

Great thread and its really helping me "hopefully" make the right decision.
Sponsored

jimonfly

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I have a dealer installed Mopar lift on my Sport max tow, running 35s. I had them check the alignment after I bought it because of a pull to the right. The front axle was 1.5 cm off and the rear was just over 2cm off. Nothing that was causing errors on the computer.

Will and adjustable track bar benefit me in any way? What about the correction brackets?

I had a MetalCloak lift on my JKU and was never able to get it dialed in for it to drive better than stock. So far I'm very pleased with the Mopar lift but something always needs to be upgraded!

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a pic of your ride with the 295’s and stock fenders?
I had to do a little digging to find these. Lol. But, here are pics with the stock fenders.

20190621 Truck and boat - Columbia, SC (3).jpg

20200321 Tyson Jeep at home - Columbia, SC (1).jpg

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
If you wanted to add a say a 1/2" or 1" spacer in the front you would need them though, correct? Say to take away some of the rake or to make up for a winch/bumper?

Im about to get a lift and Im up between a MOPAR and JKS. The adjustability of the JKS is something I keep looking at. Correct me if Im wrong but from what I understand, the MOPAR raises front and rear so you still have the 1.5/1.75" of rake. Id rather not have that much, but from another thread I see where a member added a .75" spacer and had to get either adjustable LCA or geometry correction brackets to help with his alignment.

Great thread and its really helping me "hopefully" make the right decision.
I added a 3/4" spacer to the front of mine because I knew that with the weight of the aftermarket bumper and winch, it will create a rake. It worked out perfect.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Linx

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
Where are you installing geometry correction brackets? The track bar I can understand, but where else? The Mopar kit comes with LCA's so no need there.
I’m not very knowledgeable on this but I trust my mechanic/friend that recommended I add them. He has been a Jeep mechanic at my local dealership for many years and has a lot of experience with the Mopar (and other) lift kits. He also has no reason to “up sell” me because he just told me what to buy and I found the parts for the best prices I could and brought them to him to install.
So that being said I believe the brackets move the LCA down a little more to increase castor angle to a better angle. Not sure if this is “needed” for sure... but again, I trust his experience and advice. He did recommend the AEV brackets over the ones I got but they were OOS everywhere at the time due to COVID.

Hope this helps!
Sponsored