First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Electrician
I am finally getting around to getting a liner installed in my Gladiator. Ive been researching and have not found a lot of good reliable information to arm myself with before going to the shop tomorrow. In looking at their website they have several options:
I do understand what they say the differences are but I thought I would ask if anyone has real world experience with any of the higher level options. I have had the standard liner and it doesnt seem to last very long before beginning to fade. While I have a bed cover I really dont want a crappy looking liner after a few short years. I was seriously thinking about color matching but the general consensus seems to be to avoid it.

Any thoughts on the options and how much difference they really make and also personal thoughts on the color matching. Thanks.
Sponsored

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
I have the premium. Had the standard on my previous truck. The standard faded and stained. The premium is not suppose to. I gave it a try. Looks great. Guaranteed to stay that way. Others have said if you use protectant on the standard, it will look good as new. Don't know. Figured my new JT was worth the extra $100. I don't have a tonneau cover, so the bed will be exposed to the elements.

Last edited:

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I got the standard because I'm getting a tonneau cover.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
My local guy told me the standard is the way to go if you are running a tonneau. The premium is only worth it if the bed is consistently exposed to UV.

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Local Jeep dealer sprayed Bullet liner in mine. Cost was great, designed by the same guy that created line-x and there is only one option/cost mine was $375 and has lifetime warranty so if it fades they will re-spray free. Not sure what your paying to have yours done or if you have bullet liner in your area but may want to check into it. I am very pleased with mine and I have had line-x in all my previous trucks but that was before they started with all these different tiers. When I had mine done I only opted for the UV protection and had great luck so whatever tier that is, I would upgrade to that if going Line-X.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lenny351

Lenny351

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Electrician
Thank You guys. I have not called the line-x dealer yet. Planning to today but before I do i will look into the Bullet liner. I have not seen that in my area,

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Also maybe take a look at Rhino Liner if you have an installer nearby. I guess it depends on what you're looking to accomplish, but I found Rhino to be a more rubberized coating and more anti-skid. Same warranty, and I love that I went with Rhino over Line-x.
Sponsored