Had Line-X spray bed liner applied

Cjsmith

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Have any of you seen/used the https://bedrug.com/ product?
I use the bedrug on my Raptor. If u r enclosing the bed with a fixed tonneau cover or camper shell it is the way to go. It is soft, molded perfectly, indestructible and sprays out. I have slept in there many times. If not enclosing the bed maybe their mat product but not the full bed product.
Sponsored

Cjsmith

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have Line-Xed my truck beds for the past twenty years. The product just keeps getting better. If u purchase the top of the line UV protected it keeps the shiny dark black slick finish. 5 years in Vegas sun, looks good. Do the rear wheel wells as well. I wouldn't trust the factory option to not turn Gray, dirty and soft after a few years in the sun with a 3 yr warranty.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I've had Line-X sprayed in two pickups when they were new. As long as the underlying surface is in good condition (unpeeled paint, no rust), they just scuff it real good and apply it.
I know thats how aftermarket Linex goes on. I can’t imagine they would have to sand in the factory process. I could be wrong.

SuddenBraking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK Grand Cherokee
I got mine sprayed in yesterday - was included as a "we owe you" when I bought from the dealer (I didn't haggle on price at all and the sales guy volunteered that they have a local shop that does line-x, so I was cool with it). Would've been $625 if I paid for it myself, and like has been mentioned upthread, lifetime warranty (as long as I own the truck - it doesn't transfer, if that matters). Now I can start loading stuff in there without worrying about scratching - even the hard top holder was starting to leave marks in the paint.

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine sprayed in yesterday - was included as a "we owe you" when I bought from the dealer (I didn't haggle on price at all and the sales guy volunteered that they have a local shop that does line-x, so I was cool with it). Would've been $625 if I paid for it myself, and like has been mentioned upthread, lifetime warranty (as long as I own the truck - it doesn't transfer, if that matters). Now I can start loading stuff in there without worrying about scratching - even the hard top holder was starting to leave marks in the paint.
I know thats how aftermarket Linex goes on. I can’t imagine they would have to sand in the factory process. I could be wrong.
They may not. They may be able to spray the body color where the bedliner isn't supposed to be and then just worry about scuffing any heavier over sprayed areas where the liner is going.

Sponsored

karsonwithak

First Name
Karson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Radio
I read that line x does color bed liners. I wonder how much that would cost and look on my fire cracker red one.
@Vismich it looks awesome.
My local line-x place said a color would almost double the price. Adding color (other than black) adds many more steps with the chemicals and drives up the price.

Lumberjack500

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon Departed: 1979 CJ5, 1995 XJ, 1997 TJ, 2010 JK
Which line x is everyone getting? I checked my local line x website and it has three versions.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I got the Premium version sprayed in mine. It looks fantastic, covers more of the bed than OE, and has a better warranty than OE, and I didn't have to wait on my truck as long because I didn't order the OE.

Lumberjack500

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon Departed: 1979 CJ5, 1995 XJ, 1997 TJ, 2010 JK
I got the Premium version sprayed in mine. It looks fantastic, covers more of the bed than OE, and has a better warranty than OE, and I didn't have to wait on my truck as long because I didn't order the OE.

Do you remember how much more it was than the normal version

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase

Do you know why they don't spray the top plastic part of the tailgate? The part that everything seems to rubs on when you load and unload the truck! I love the bed spray but this is the one area I wish was covered too as it's already scratched up. I don't know if that was an option or why a guy wouldn't want that sprayed. Thoughts?

Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Do you know why they don't spray the top plastic part of the tailgate? The part that everything seems to rubs on when you load and unload the truck! I love the bed spray but this is the one area I wish was covered too as it's already scratched up. I don't know if that was an option or why a guy wouldn't want that sprayed. Thoughts?
Well, the plastic is there to function as the protective layer, and it already has a very similar appearance to the spray-in, so I'm sure they don't spray those areas for that reason.

However, if you ask them to, they will spray anything you want. While I was there, a guy came in with a JKU and wanted them to spray his fenders and bumpers. They gave him a quote and put him on the schedule.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Do you remember how much more it was than the normal version
I want to say it was an additional $75, but it probably depends on your location because lots of these places are independently owned and they run their own sales.

Racer5112

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Ford Falcon, 1980 Dodge Colt wagon, 2018 Dodge Journey
Vehicle Showcase
I checked this out here in Des Moines, Iowa. I was looking to order mine with a the spray in from the factory. I found out that it has the 3 year warranty and then called Line-X here in Des Moines. Line-X says they will do it for $450 and another $100 if I want the extra UV coating. Lifetime warranty. Yes, I will be going the Line-X route!

-Mike

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
If you put anything in the bed, even cardboard boxes, and they slide around at all, it will scuff the paint. The only way to protect the bed's integrity is to either never put anything in it or spray a bedliner on it.
Which is why I've always kind of dug the Tacoma's composite bed. No need for bedliner.
Sponsored