Sponsored

Had Line-X spray bed liner applied

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Why doesn't Line-X (or insert competitor here) remove the plugs at the front of the bed nearest the cab or the plastic cap if you don't have the bed power outlet?

It seems odd that they would go through the effort to remove and mask for access on the other items, but lock these access ports out. What if I wanted to retroactively add power to my bed for example?
Probably because 95%+ of people will never remove the plugs to begin with the rest of the vehicle life. The front plug if it follows from what I have seen on other trucks, are just covering access holes from the assembly process and not intended or advertised as pass through holes for other uses.

Lastly, most of the liner dealers will remove those plugs if you ask them but they will not guarantee if the plug will fit without trimming after the process. Better yet, if the end user wants them not sprayed over, they need to remove them themselves rather than just relying on the spray Liner dealers to be a mind reader on a particular customer nuance concern.
Sponsored

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Why doesn't Line-X (or insert competitor here) remove the plugs at the front of the bed nearest the cab or the plastic cap if you don't have the bed power outlet?

It seems odd that they would go through the effort to remove and mask for access on the other items, but lock these access ports out. What if I wanted to retroactively add power to my bed for example?
I replaced the plastic plug with a BRI panel after I had the bed sprayed. It was not difficult to remove. I took a utility knife and carefully cut around the edge of the panel and then popped it out.

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
I replaced the plastic plug with a BRI panel after I had the bed sprayed. It was not difficult to remove. I took a utility knife and carefully cut around the edge of the panel and then popped it out.

Reviving a 3 year post. . .

Do you have a picture of what that looked like when you removed the factory plug that had been sprayed over? Did the BRI cover do a good job of covering the opening afterwards?

I'm thinking about doing the same thing but don't want there to be a little "border" of unlined paint around the BRI cover or something.
Sponsored