First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee 1997, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I don't think I could do this to my new Jeep. The sight of them sanding the bed of my new Jeep would make me cringe LOL. I think adding this liner might cause more problems with rust not that I have any evidence but I feel like that is a good possibility, when you sand and spray and if someone doesn't do a good job and a little bit in a corner is not stuck well...
Anyways, GL to the folks who do this but this one is def not for me, more so because I am not going to be using this truck as a work truck :)
I was cringing as I heard power sanders being taken to my brand new JT Overland. I bought it off the lot and it came without the factory bed liner due to the delays. This is the first white vehicle I've owned and I don't think I could stand the sight of the scratched up bed in a few years. So I opted for Line-X.

I have to say, I am pretty impressed with how well it lays down and preserves all the original contours in the bed. Looks great and makes me a bit more comfortable using my truck for moving junk (pretty much what I bought it for...)

Not sure if I have any before pictures but here's an after.

IMG_1996.JPG

It was $450 + tax, so came out to around $20 less than factory. They masked off the lights and bed-mounted plug instead of removing them so there are some flappy edges left from the masking tape. Did not get the UV protection since my truck came with the tonneau cover -- won't be roasting in direct sunlight most of the time.

Overall I'm very happy with it. Scheduling an appointment with the same shop for rust-inhibiting spray application later this week.
Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Just got this back from Line-X, and trying to figure out why it’s soo much more expensive than everyone else’s quotes:

> Thank you for your interest in LINE-X! It’s obvious you want the best protection available for your vehicle and we at LINEX of LONG ISLAND are FAMILY OWNED and OPERATED want to earn your business. Our bedliner pricing for your vehicle is $699.00 for the under the rail application. You can upgrade to PREMIUM for just $129.00 more. We have several products available that can enhance the performance and look of your vehicle.

700?!? And not even for the premium? Seems crazy

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Just got this back from Line-X, and trying to figure out why it’s soo much more expensive than everyone else’s quotes:

> Thank you for your interest in LINE-X! It’s obvious you want the best protection available for your vehicle and we at LINEX of LONG ISLAND are FAMILY OWNED and OPERATED want to earn your business. Our bedliner pricing for your vehicle is $699.00 for the under the rail application. You can upgrade to PREMIUM for just $129.00 more. We have several products available that can enhance the performance and look of your vehicle.

Yikes. I was quoted $400 for basic, $500 for Premium, and $655 for Platinum. I'll probably be going with the Premium.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel

uhhh...... Long Island

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
You’re dead wrong. There is both a chemical and mechanical bond to the bed when a liner is professionally installed. LineX in particular makes the bed far more resistant to impacts and impervious to rust on the side it’s applied to

I think adding this liner might cause more problems with rust not that I have any evidence but I feel like that is a good possibility, :)

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

I have heard the same story on other truck forums from people in your same area. Probably the same Line-X dealer/dealers in that area seem to charge hefty sum because they can. They are all independent franchise owned and Line-X corporate will tell you those dealers can set their own pricing.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Had it Line-X’ed today. Did a great job. Plugged the thread bed rail holes, removed the tail gate access panels, etc. Pretty thick coating based on touch and from what I can see with my eyes.

0B5AE9FE-A553-4367-B280-6F1427710116.jpeg

7278D835-39BC-4350-B1CD-204998B7F1B7.jpeg

65B02DCB-4A88-422C-A7A6-54A2FDD3BCFA.jpeg

C5B4D453-EB9F-41E1-AFEA-81C3B376B051.jpeg

ED2782D0-C572-4C50-B59C-330354484B19.jpeg

267CBA37-3975-44D7-94FE-4268511670B5.jpeg

4C3EF9F6-ECA9-4A07-B56F-17CE69B93443.jpeg

86AFA2CA-3043-44AF-A16C-1F56153924E1.jpeg

5A276C42-690C-4571-BF3B-430BABA75D2D.jpeg

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I know this is overkill, but anyone ever seen someone get the Premium Line-X and the still use a rubber mat? I like the idea of the extra bash protection on the bed floor. I figure the line-x would protect against dirt and water trapped under the rubber mat. The Rubber mat would help protect against pinch punctures. I'm thinking of dumping loads of large landscape rocks in there or after a demo job when your throwing everything from framing pieces to chunks of cinder blocks in the back.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I got the Premium version sprayed in mine. It looks fantastic, covers more of the bed than OE, and has a better warranty than OE, and I didn't have to wait on my truck as long because I didn't order the OE.

Did they spray under the plastic bed rail protectors?
When you close the tail gate, can you you see the black liner on that portion of the bed between the tailgate and bed?

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Did they spray under the plastic bed rail protectors?
When you close the tail gate, can you you see the black liner on that portion of the bed between the tailgate and bed?
Yeah they sprayed under those. And they also went down below the harness grommet between the tailgate and bed. I found that out the hard way because they forgot to hook my camera and tailgate wiring harness back up before I left

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
I know this is overkill, but anyone ever seen someone get the Premium Line-X and the still use a rubber mat? I like the idea of the extra bash protection on the bed floor. I figure the line-x would protect against dirt and water trapped under the rubber mat. The Rubber mat would help protect against pinch punctures. I'm thinking of dumping loads of large landscape rocks in there or after a demo job when your throwing everything from framing pieces to chunks of cinder blocks in the back.
I did this for the same reason you want to. I got my bed Rhino’d, then went and got a horse stall mat from harbor freight for 45 bucks. Had to cut it down with a sawzall a bit to fit it between my wheel wells and cut about a foot off the end of it so it sat flush on the floor. Doesn’t cover the entire bed but does protect a good amount of it.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I did this for the same reason you want to. I got my bed Rhino’d, then went and got a horse stall mat from harbor freight for 45 bucks. Had to cut it down with a sawzall a bit to fit it between my wheel wells and cut about a foot off the end of it so it sat flush on the floor. Doesn’t cover the entire bed but does protect a good amount of it.
How do you like the Rhino liner? Does it provide a slip resistant surface? I’m wondering if applied to tube steps if your shoes will feel more secure than just on the painted steel.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
How do you like the Rhino liner? Does it provide a slip resistant surface? I’m wondering if applied to tube steps if your shoes will feel more secure than just on the painted steel.
It feels more rubberized than line-x does. I’ve beat it up quite a bit with dirt and rock and so far has held up really well all while maintaining that slip resistance and a little shine. So glad I went for it over Line-X

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Why doesn't Line-X (or insert competitor here) remove the plugs at the front of the bed nearest the cab or the plastic cap if you don't have the bed power outlet?

It seems odd that they would go through the effort to remove and mask for access on the other items, but lock these access ports out. What if I wanted to retroactively add power to my bed for example?

Sponsored