Line-X Shortage?

id0c

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Looking to get the bed line-X’d and when I called the local shop they said it would be 3-4 weeks due to material shortage. Anyone else running into this? I’m in central NC.
Sponsored

GRDIESEL

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Same here - on a wait list. Polyurethane shortages are creating challenges for all industries.

GregW68

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Self
I ran into the same thing with the Raleigh Line-X. Bullet liner isn't having this issue. Anyone have a bullet liner?

greg

Mojave Gladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave | Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Same issue here, 40 customers currently in front of me! I called my local Rhino liner and their currently experiencing product shortages.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Mine came from the dealership already coated....I guess it was done at the factory?

Sponsored

jo.jacques

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Willys - Sting Grey
Same here in Qc, Canada. Was supposed to get it with Line-X already installed but Im still waiting on the dealership to call me back to schedule the install once its back in stock.

In the meantime, my bed is getting a few war scars lol

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Well, here's your answer.

"What is Propylene Oxide? Propylene Oxide is an organic bulk chemical, produced by several technologies and used in a large variety of products across multiple industries. Building and construction is the largest end user but it is also used, amongst others, in textile and furniture, automotive, electronics and packaging.
What is causing the shortage? A number of factors including increased worldwide demand, supplies impacted by COVID-19 and the recent freeze in Texas (where a large proportion of worldwide Propylene Oxide is located)."

GRDIESEL

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Call around to places that aren't affiliated with the big chains. I just called the place in town that did my Colorado and they are booking appointments 3 days out and he said he bought a bunch of material in advance of the shortages.

MNWillys

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Government
I went to my dealer who uses a local Linex shop. The Linex shop nearest me had a 4 week wait and wanted to charge me $150 more for the same thing I got from my dealer. Dealer was able to discount.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I ran into the same thing with the Raleigh Line-X. Bullet liner isn't having this issue. Anyone have a bullet liner?

greg
Looks like we're waiting in the same line

Sponsored

danieljustyn

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I waited about a month and finally just got it done last week. Was worth the wait.

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
I work with the base chemicals that are in these coatings. Most of the shortages are because of the bad weather in Texas and the subsequent power outages. A lot of these chemicals are made in Texas. Gonna be a while before they’re back to 100% production volume.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
Bullet liner is made by the original designers of Line-x. (I've been told) From my understanding, they sold the original formula and developed a better one called bullet liner. I have it in my gladiator.... it looks the same to me just with a different logo. No issues after a year

Okie362

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport/2020 JLU/2021 JTRD (Hydro Blue)
Occupation
IT Management
Bullet liner is made by the original designers of Line-x. (I've been told) From my understanding, they sold the original formula and developed a better one called bullet liner. I have it in my gladiator.... it looks the same to me just with a different logo. No issues after a year
I have bullet liner as well. I'm happy with it and I pretty much throw anything in there.

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
Are there any other brands out there?
Bullet
Line-X
Rhino

(I've done the 'at home' type and they look good for a couple years and then they fade and chip).
Sponsored