• Total voters

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
So essentially the same as the factory bedliner option which I bet ain't as good.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
475 for bullet liner

volfo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler 2 door; 2021 Gladiator Mojave
I was quoted $419 for Bullet and think I'm going to do that. I "heard" that the factory liner isn''t as good (not sure if true) and that it was done outside in tents at the factory, and that it might delay the truck shipping. Whatever, who knows what is true, I decided to order mine without and take it. I've heard for best results you should get it done relatively soon, but I have no idea if that is true. I decided to do Bullet over Line X because cheaper and seems just as good, I suspect it will be for my use anyway. Convenience is the reason I almost factory ordered. MUCH larger Line X dealer network was the reason I thought I might do Line X. But bullet is cheaper and relatively convenient for me.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Going aftermarket you also run the risk of having your bed lights messed up and the holes for adding accessories filled with bed liner. Been documented quite a few times on here. IMO drop in the way to go, better impact protection and less than half the cost

Sponsored

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
When I bought mine, very few of the gladiators they had on the lot had the factory bed liner installed. I negotiated mine as part of the sale and the dealer used a Line-X shop down the street. About 2 weeks after taking the Jeep home, I had the bed liner installed. Was a bit worried as it was rainy out when they applied it, but they did a great job. Only minor thing was that the Line-X badge fell off when I got home, but I would've wanted to take that off anyway. Did hold on to it to prove what it was in case I had any issue down the road, but over a year later I've had no issues to date.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Going aftermarket you also run the risk of having your bed lights messed up and the holes for adding accessories filled with bed liner. Been documented quite a few times on here. IMO drop in the way to go, better impact protection and less than half the cost
I’m not saying this isn’t true, but I have the factory liner and I still had to chase all the threads in the bed, they had sprayed in all of them. Added a lot of time to install a bed rail :headbang:

OP
OP
TRI-JAB

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I was quoted $419 for Bullet and think I'm going to do that. I "heard" that the factory liner isn''t as good (not sure if true) and that it was done outside in tents at the factory, and that it might delay the truck shipping. Whatever, who knows what is true, I decided to order mine without and take it. I've heard for best results you should get it done relatively soon, but I have no idea if that is true. I decided to do Bullet over Line X because cheaper and seems just as good, I suspect it will be for my use anyway. Convenience is the reason I almost factory ordered. MUCH larger Line X dealer network was the reason I thought I might do Line X. But bullet is cheaper and relatively convenient for me.
I had Bullet applied in my bed. Real happy with it. When you do the research, the founders of Line-X sold the company. One of them waited out the non-compete agreement and improved the formula. The reason the Bullet is less expensive is they can use less material (cost savings) and have better overall strength/ durability than the Line-X. I do recommend having a discussion with the installer to guarantee they plug or cover any threaded holes in the bed. Again, I am really happy with mine, but had a detailed discussion with my installer.

Chez12205

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
I have bullet and it is good. Has lifetime warranty and did a good job on application. $500 install. Have a place 5 min from my house.

Chez12205

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Every truck I owned had liner in it. Don’t think there is a factory liner the dealer uses a 3rd party that applies them. The dealer wanted like $700 extra to install so I passed then found out who the 3rd party was when I talked to a salesman I know. The factory 3rd party was a no name place so I went with bullet. I had bullet in my f250 lariat and beat the s#%t out of that bed with no damage at all. Plus lifetime.

Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I’m not saying this isn’t true, but I have the factory liner and I still had to chase all the threads in the bed, they had sprayed in all of them. Added a lot of time to install a bed rail :headbang:
I did some of the prep work yourself before the JT was taken to the liner installer. I removed my bed lights, greased the threaded holes and plugged with rolled up tape, removed the power outlet hole plug, and other thing I can't remember.

DiscoSlug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator; '74 PowerWagon; '86 Taco C-frame
Occupation
Drugs
Line X is better but ultimately it is going to depend on your installer. Some are trash some are gold.

Mine was just ok. They didn't take any shortcuts but the lines on the tape weren't perfect so if you are a perfectionist, I'd ask to see the tape job before they start spraying.

Also, remove anything you don't want sprayed or worse "sprayed together into a permanent bond".

For me, that was the lights in the bed, which I should have removed as they were a B word to fix the poor tape job around them.

I also suggest asking them to do the bottom of the tailgate (likely to cost more), as it gets things stuck down there that scratch up the paint and will be a future source of rust.

Also, there is a benefit to doing rattle can liners yourself, you get to decide what gets sprayed, what doesn't, far cheaper, and comes with a lifetime warranty. You get to decide on your own claims and fix it for cheap / touch ups!

Clay

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO
I had Line-X put in mine for $450. Only complaint I had was they didn't plug the holes, so I had to clean out the threaded ones. The owner said that the holes should have been plugged before being sprayed.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I have a 03 F250 that I had Line-X installed when new no issues. I went with Line-X because of my previous experience

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Did anyone get a rhino liner? Any regrets?

I feel like the Line-X is a great product but if I could have the same sort of protection with a softer feel I would take that instead. I just don't want it to get torn up with minimal abuse. I mainly carry my kayaks and the occasional piece of furniture. If I'm going to carry rocks or soil they will likely be place in a bucket/tub first.
Sponsored