Little Delighted (scratch that: not Dissapointed) in Quadratec

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I stopped dealing with retailers whenever possible after a horrid experience with Extreme and started using their catalogs to find what I want, then go direct to the manufacturer. Quad and Extreme's sale prices are usually the same price as the manufacturer and you cut out the middle man. These vendors have no product. They're clearing houses and will sometimes be less than truthful on availability in order to keep the cash flow up.
Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
I ordered an item from Quadratec, which their website said it would ship in a couple of days. When it didn't, I contacted them to find out the delay. I was told they were waiting on a shipment from the manufacturer. Out of curiosity, I called the US manufacturer and was told he hadn't received an order from them and had the item in stock. He gave me a great discount and free shipping and received the item a couple of days later.
I suppose QT was technically correct-They were waiting on a a shipment. As soon as they placed the order. A great number of customer service seat fillers just spew out whatever comes to mind knowing or believing the other person, me, would ever dare to investigate the truthfullness of their statements. The Pandemic of Stupidity has been around for a while. CYA and do your homework.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Just pulled up the email I got back from Rob confirming the 5% discount has been applied to my quadratec account and I he gave me a rundown on the first order he manually applied it to and said it should automatically apply on all future orders on my account now too.
That’s unfortunate. How long ago was that? This month? Also, I have never heard them tell me it applied every time I ordered in the future. That Rob guy….LOL, he’s suspicious to me, LOL. Hmmm. Well, in addition to that steering stabilizer, I place an order for wheels on 12/14 and got 10% on that too.

Item(s) Subtotal: $1444.50
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Tax: $78.00 (MD tax)
Order Total: $1378.05
Order Date: 12/14/21
My Black Rhino wheels: $1300.05 (10% off 1444.50, to the penny)

I also ordered a Steer Smarts adjustable front track bar and got the 10% off and they accidentally canceled it on me so they gave me another couple percent off the discounted price. Qtec has not wronged me yet. I like them.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I've only ordered once from Quadratec, and that's very recently when I ordered my new white wagon-spoke wheels. They were at my house within several days of ordering, so my limited experience has been great so far. Maybe the difference is whether it's drop-shipped or actually in stock at Quadratec's warehouse.
When it is Quadratec's house brand items, they have a better handle on the inventory. The problem is outside their house brands, a lot of it is dropped shipped when they show it in stock but they do not tell you that when ordering.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
When it is Quadratec's house brand items, they have a better handle on the inventory. The problem is outside their house brands, a lot of it is dropped shipped when they show it in stock but they do not tell you that when ordering.
Makes sense. From my many years experience in sales and keeping client relationships, I can say without a doubt that it's best to inform customers of potential pitfalls ahead of time. I don't think most online retailers are trying to mislead anybody - Their supplier partners are likely reporting items in inventory when they're either very low or out of stock, so it's technically not the retailer's fault. The problem comes with not disclosing that possibility and hoping for the best.

Folks are just fed up with incorrect supply expectations resulting in unpleasant surprises with orders, and it results in the kind of negative sentiment we're seeing in this thread. Disclosure up front is the difference between customers being angry with the supplier and being angry with the retailer.

Sponsored

CT_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
I stopped dealing with retailers whenever possible after a horrid experience with Extreme and started using their catalogs to find what I want, then go direct to the manufacturer. Quad and Extreme's sale prices are usually the same price as the manufacturer and you cut out the middle man. These vendors have no product. They're clearing houses and will sometimes be less than truthful on availability in order to keep the cash flow up.
I tried to do this when I bought my Diode Dynamics fog lights. The price was the same as QT, but Diode Dynamics wanted $16 for shipping and no forum discount. With QT, I got the forum discount and free shipping. It was $35 cheaper to order from QT and get them drop shipped from Diode Dynamics.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Well I guess I am here to eat my Crow. Quadratec has done what they said they would do!!!

I am stumped on how, as when I called LOD directly they said they were months out

Happy to be wrong

Screenshot_20220104-170122.png

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Well I guess I am here to eat my Crow. Quadratec has done what they said they would do!!!

I am stumped on how, as when I called LOD directly they said they were months out

Happy to be wrong

Screenshot_20220104-170122.png
It’s on the move.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
Probably because they are filling existing outstanding orders with current production, so they can't sell direct to you until they are caught up. Pretty typical.

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
Glad to hear it's on the move, I've ordered a few things from QT and always gotten it timely.

I fully understand it's frustrating, but at the same time you've got to have a bit of respect for a company of that size even attempting to keep an inventory system and them trying to support the smaller manufacturers. QT has one inventory system, no way it can integrate with every system that 100+ suppliers might use, plus trying to carry parts from smaller manufacturers that probably don't even have a digital inventory system.

I'll always try and support the Mfg. directly, but the big retailers definitely have a place in the industry. Can't say either are necessarily "bad", just different..

Sponsored

Lod Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL

Happy to be wrong
Glad to see your bumper is getting shipped as quickly as expected! Not sure why when you called us we said it would be months... I dont think we are months out on anything. Enjoy, cant wait to see pics!

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to see your bumper is getting shipped as quickly as expected! Not sure why when you called us we said it would be months... I dont think we are months out on anything. Enjoy, cant wait to see pics!
Well I am not sure either :) I have literally had your web Page bookmarked for months. My wife was not keen on the bumper. But she has been with me enough times in the field, she is tired of hearing the slight rub when in reverse. Last week she turned to me and said order your dang bumper already. BOOM! I went to the page and called. Then was hit with a long lead time. I was gonna wait a bit on the purchase and my wife pulled up QT. SO I went ahead and ordered under the impression maybe they did a pre-buy or something. Thus the thread.

Can't wait to get it on the Jeep there will definitely be pictures!

run2recovery

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Overland
When I initially ordered my Quadratec QRC bumper, it was listed as out of stock, but the expected shipping date was listed as being in 2 weeks, so I went ahead and ordered it.

Little did I know they just always list the expected shipping date as 2 weeks out. Two weeks turned into 4 months. Their practice is very, very misleading.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Just checking back, This is good news for the O.P.

OP
OP

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They totally delivered, and the product is glorious 😁

0108222023_HDR.jpg
Sponsored