First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
I had an 04 liberty limited that wheeled as good as my 97 Sahara. Best jeep vehicle overall I ever owned. Finally croaked at 290,000 miles. Basically a Wrangler with a covered truck bed, balanced perfectly. Powered perfectly. Freeway. 4X4 was perfectly suited to highway speed and four low crawling, highway, country road, dirt road, no road, blizzard, flood, 121 degrees, minus 27 degrees, towing small trailer, below sea level up to 11,000 feet, sleepable, evening out, bail of hay, every damn thing. Never met a challenge I couldn't conquer somehow in that thing. Not saying it went up a waterfall, and I would have preferred a stick; just saying it always got to the top somehow in style. I've been waiting for years to say that. Thanks for the chance!!
That’s what I love about jeep, tell me what other company out there has a label that no matter what model it’s branded it’s capable across the board
Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Real Jeep, fake Jeep, all I know is I've got a lot more respect for a Renegade covered in mud than a pavement princess JL on 40's. A "real" Jeep is one that is used in a manner true to what the brand was. No knocking any preferences here but otherwise, your Jeep is just another SUV to me.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Tell this guy his Jeep isn’t real lmao
Wish I could upload the video it was fun to watch. He was from FL said he’s part of a FB group that wheels nothing but renegades.

663C71B6-8E47-448D-9137-9CD466DB3902.jpeg
Ok... If they call that (in the picture) “wheeling”...That’s beyond hillarious.

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
Real Jeep, fake Jeep, all I know is I've got a lot more respect for a Renegade covered in mud than a pavement princess JL on 40's. A "real" Jeep is one that is used in a manner true to what the brand was. No knocking any preferences here but otherwise, your Jeep is just another SUV to me.
It’s safe to say anything with the Jeep label has the ability to be on the trails, no one else out there has that.
but I agree I can’t stand when a pavement princess smack talks about their 40’s. Just ask the guy with the H2 that could do what that renegade did.
jeepers just need to embrace each other. Oh just heard AEV will have a 2.5 JT lift out I’m a few months yay !!

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It was a course at the overland to show how the drivetrain worked.
I get that, but it doesn’t mean that I still don’t find it to be funny looking.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I’m trying to find a pic of a liberty out wheeling lmao
They are out there, but just limited to certain terrain. I see them all the time on our fire roads and lighter trails. Rocky trails just kill them unless they are modded for clearance and larger tires. They also do really well on sand for some reason.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Glad I saw that. I was hoping those little ones were sturdier. Not sure why there was a spotter. Not sure about that as an option now. Would have to drive it.

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Looks line a green driver in a new machine. Having a spotter isnt a bad idea if only to build the driver and hold him there. A lack of cofidence at the wrong moment can break shit fast.

bluedevil1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 F250 Diesel
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
You know, I just read this thread from start to finish. With one short statement from the OP, I am completely satisfied in my knowledge of what constitutes a real Jeep, what the correct purse is to keep one's balls in, the multiple engine displacements of a V-8, the Alabama educational system, what an in-line 6 in a sports car that costs more than my house can do, a Renegade and Liberty that crush wheeling and the fact the EPA sucks. I am now quite sure some idiot from Facebook is looking at this going, "And all I had to do is say Gladiators aren't real Jeeps!"

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
More like some data miner at facebook is kicking themselves in the ass, think about how much eyes on screen time have gone into this thread.

bluedevil1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 F250 Diesel
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
Don't talk about mining! The EPA sucks, remember! Although there was something about a data mine collapse in Seattle trapping a bunch of Amazon miners...Jeff Bezos sent a sub filled with Starbuck's macchiattos to rescue them.
Sponsored