legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Last I read Eaton wasn't making truetracs for the m210/m220
Eaton now has a True Trac available for the Dana 44 M210 axle. Part 14234-Edited: they are not yet available.

I wish these were the standard LSD from Jeep.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Eaton now has a True Trac available for the Dana 44 M210 axle. Part 14234-1

I wish these were the standard LSD from Jeep.
14234 is the Elocker. Thought I read the Trruetracs were coming, but I don't see them in stock anywhere yet?

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
The helix or Gleason Torsen style will ensure traction to both sides during a spin or slip situation. I use one in a Ford 9" with 4.30 gears and street slicks in my street rod. Its tough, will lock both sides under torque and give under low torque in a turn. Not sure if avail for the Dana 44 new style.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
No the older (mine is a 2009) Kodiak/TopKick series of Medium Duty trucks. (The Red truck is a Mercedes 1017AF)

IMG_20200126_140025575_HDR.jpg

jt-kodiak2.jpg
AH, should have known since I worked the GMT 560 platform as well. You got the last model year of those bad boys. Very nice

Sponsored

BringTheLightnin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
I was thinking of the same. Can you put a truetrac in the front? No max tow. Also can I get a locker installed and run the wire afterwards myself?

Jack'D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Doing 4.88 gears with front and back truetrac next week.
I'm hearing I have to use my tazer to turn off the ABS befor engaging 4wd..

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Why disable ABS?

Jack'D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why disable ABS?
Im not an engineer, so trying to reiterate the explanation that was given to me wouldn't help lol
I think it was something to do with the way the vehicle, thru the braking system, detects wheel slippage

Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Im not an engineer, so trying to reiterate the explanation that was given to me wouldn't help lol
I think it was something to do with the way the vehicle, thru the braking system, detects wheel slippage
I'm assuming whomever told you that was thinking about disabling traction control?

In my opinion and experience, the traction control only enhances the way the Truetrac operates by clamping the brake of the spinning wheel. This torque generated by the clamped brake gets amplified by 2.5-3:1 by the helical gears in the Truetrac and puts that torque to the tire with traction!

You will just note that your truck will climb anything and you wont notice a thing different. The downside for me in the past was you dont realize the "Bad spot" you are in till it's too late!

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
From what I have seen if your paying the $$$$ for install I would go with a real selectable locker. I used to do a ton of off-roading with multiple clubs but my primary club had alot of jeep, ford and yota builds. A few friends with Tru-tracs would have issues with them failing to lock up. It was very noticeable in climbing situations with a complete stop the sudden moderate-heavy throttle, usually would happen on a tough obstacle where one tire would just not engage. They would need to stop then start over and over again and get wheelspeed up to get it to work. Most of the time they worked fine but they did get finicky. I bet I could find a video of my friends Ranger having issues if I looked hard enough.

Ratcheting (lunchbox) lockers are nice on trails for turning but after a couple years or lots of abuse the pins inside fail and need to be replaced. I ran an Aussie that I liked, but the install was free and I was a college student.

If your going through the $$$ to install it’s worth the extra to go all the way. Only failures I have seen on selectable have been activating mechanisms.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve got a Truetrac in my JK (Rear only). I’ve never disabled my ABS or traction control and everything works great. If anything, the Truetrac causes the traction control to hardly ever kick in because traction is so good now.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I have seen if your paying the $$$$ for install I would go with a real selectable locker. I used to do a ton of off-roading with multiple clubs but my primary club had alot of jeep, ford and yota builds. A few friends with Tru-tracs would have issues with them failing to lock up. It was very noticeable in climbing situations with a complete stop the sudden moderate-heavy throttle, usually would happen on a tough obstacle where one tire would just not engage. They would need to stop then start over and over again and get wheelspeed up to get it to work. Most of the time they worked fine but they did get finicky. I bet I could find a video of my friends Ranger having issues if I looked hard enough.

Ratcheting (lunchbox) lockers are nice on trails for turning but after a couple years or lots of abuse the pins inside fail and need to be replaced. I ran an Aussie that I liked, but the install was free and I was a college student.

If your going through the $$$ to install it’s worth the extra to go all the way. Only failures I have seen on selectable have been activating mechanisms.
You sure they were Truetracs? Mine locks up instantly.

Jack'D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got a Truetrac in my JK (Rear only). I’ve never disabled my ABS or traction control and everything works great. If anything, the Truetrac causes the traction control to hardly ever kick in because traction is so good now.
Yup, the JK rear axle is not the same as the JT front axle. As a matter of fact, the front axle is different too, a truetrac upfront is plug and play on a JK.đź‘Ť
Sponsored