Sponsored

Longest Continuous Drive in Your JT?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
3 hours drive + 15 minute break at my destination, then turn & burn 2 hours back home.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
San Francisco to Victoria island Canada. About 1978 miles. We did make stops at night and to see a few sites. Truck was new then, only had a lift and tires. She did well.
That's the way to break in a vehicle.

Jetlag707

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Launch
Tomorrow morning we leave Wake Forest, NC for Iowa City, IA. (Permanent move) Total miles traveled are estimated at 996. Who else has put on some decent mileage on in one day and what are your thoughts about the JT being a worthy road trip warrior?
We recently took my launch JT on a trip. We live just north of San Francisco and went out to Alpine Lake and did some wheeling before heading over to 395 South to Death Valley, Las Vegas, Zion. Moab, Silverton/Ooray, Engineer Pass, Denver, Yellowstone, Montana, Idaho, then down thru Berlin-Ichthyosaur Park in Nevada before heading back home. All told 3 or 4 thousand miles over 14 days.
My JT is sitting on 37” Patagonia MTs, Tera-flex loft with adjustable Falcons and a best top soft top to name a few. The soft top was awesome to be able to take the top off so easily. The 37s and teraflex made short order of anything we did. Lots of lights helped while we werein the desert at night and a diamondback tonneau kept everything secure.
Sirus and the wifi helped out with entertainment when we took a break from kids science podcasts.
Super comfortable and a great shake down trip for ideas for some new tweaks lol.
Have fun! If you can’t tell I love road trips and taking the JT was a joy.
Bravo Juliet

872B08CE-45D5-4148-ABF7-F7FA6F0E133D.jpeg

Sponsored

MMMII

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Redfin - Real Estate Consultant
Couple weeks ago family and I made the trip back to home from Jeep Jamboree in Mulan, ID. 1,071ish miles in about 17 hours including a couple stops for food and of course gas.

I drove all but 1 tank worths. Overall, wife and 2 kids were comfortable so there was a win right there.

The ride was great at 85ish mph. I’m still running stock but didn’t find acceleration to be a problem and adaptive cruise control is a bonus to any long freeway trips.

I was also surprised at how quiet the cabin was given the speeds and nature of our hardtop. I have HotHeads with the sound assassins installed so I’m sure that helped. It never felt ‘loud’ on the trip even though the Gladiator isn’t as quiet as say my X5.

I wouldn’t hesitate to make another similar type of trip next time.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
I have just Under 5000 miles in the last 14 days, longest day was 15 hours with only gas stops. About 4400 were pulling the trailer. Ohio to the Badlands for 2-1/2 days then Yellowstone for 4 days then Dinosaur National Monument/Utah for 3 days.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Mid-February my wife and I did a trip Des Moines to Ford Wayne hauling an antique engine and car parts to a friend - then back 2 days later.
It was about the most comfortable drive I've made. Zero issues, rides nice, easy to drive, comfortable seats, no complaints at all.
I would take this JT anywhere - and in fact, if not for the virus stuff, my wife and I were planning a June trip this year to Colorado Springs for a big car show there, then later to Kenosha for another car show and then later a shorter drive to Cordova Il for a show over there.
For a truck the MPG and comfort are quite good.

Sponsored

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
which car show?

Mid-February my wife and I did a trip Des Moines to Ford Wayne hauling an antique engine and car parts to a friend - then back 2 days later.
It was about the most comfortable drive I've made. Zero issues, rides nice, easy to drive, comfortable seats, no complaints at all.
I would take this JT anywhere - and in fact, if not for the virus stuff, my wife and I were planning a June trip this year to Colorado Springs for a big car show there, then later to Kenosha for another car show and then later a shorter drive to Cordova Il for a show over there.
For a truck the MPG and comfort are quite good.

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
Did 935 miles in a day from Nashville to Amarillo on my way to Colorado. Truck did great, even loaded down. Much more comfortable, and less noisy, than i expected.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
which car show?
Normally two a year - this year would have been three-

The big AMO international show was to be in Colorado Springs this year. It was in Collinsville last year, and Auburn Indiana before that,, Rockford, Il before that, it was in a suburb of Cleveland in 2015
The AMO show moves around. We were looking forward to Colorado Springs in the JT.

Then every three years, normally that is, there's a big reunion show at Kennedy Park in Kenosha, WI - that's also postponed until 2021.

And in September at Cordova, IL, there's a show/swap meet/races they now call "AMC Races" - that's also a no-go this year.

solfrost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator
Took a trip from MD to MI back in December (about ~600ish miles each way), and a couple trips from MD to the Poconos (about ~230 miles each way)... I've made the same trips in a corolla, a miata, a mazda3, and an outback, and the JT has by far been the most comfortable. Overall range is a bit lower than most of those (except the miata) but not by much, when it's all highway.

I think if we're going to do be doing any other long-ish trips though, I'll be swapping out the sunrider for the hard top panels again though -- there's a lot of noise from it at highway speeds when closed.