First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon M/T
Occupation
Govt
We did 36 hours from Orlando to San Fransisco with a 16ft trailer the weekend I got my gladiator. Stopped for 6 hours to sleep in Dallas, but otherwise it was great! Took turns and put up a hammock for the dog in the back seat. 12 mpg wasn’t amazing, but it’s still better than I got on my old JK without a trailer.

I do feel the driver seat tilts forward a bit much and caused some discomfort on long trips. I’ve since added about .75” of washers to the front rail to level the seat and it has made a world of difference. 10/10 would recommend
Did you use the stock seat bolts, or get longer ones?

Thanks,

Chris
Sponsored

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
618 mi or so, 100 mi of dirt/gravel. All in all, was about 14 hour drive - Anchorage to Kennicott mine and back again.

595 mi or so, 108 mi of dirt/gravel. All in all, was also about a 14 hour drive; Anchorage to Denali Hwy to Paxson and back to Anchorage.

Both were comfortable but exhausting. Scenery made up for it though :)

Advguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel, '19 Volvo XC40
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I haven't gone quite as far, only Raleigh to Morganton in a day (and back in a day), about 3.5-4 hours without stopping. I found it pretty comfortable but I only had it for 2 days before hand so I was still getting used to it.

I don't expect you to have issues, at least I sincerely hope not.
I used to drive from Raleigh to Old Fort or Brevard in the day, mtn bike several hours then back.
i’m driving from Raleigh to Yosemite in a couple weeks but I expect I’ll be doing it in my Honda Ridgeline as I don’t expect my diesel JT to come in until late September

Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I used to drive from Raleigh to Old Fort or Brevard in the day, mtn bike several hours then back.
i’m driving from Raleigh to Yosemite in a couple weeks but I expect I’ll be doing it in my Honda Ridgeline as I don’t expect my diesel JT to come in until late September
I've done far longer trips but not in the JT yet. I used to have to go to Greeneville, TN for work 3-6 times a year, drove to Philly and back in a day to pick up car parts, made a trek to KC from Charlotte that I did in a day each way. My near-term wish list includes a trip to Moab but scheduling is tricky and probably won't happen for at least another year.

Advguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel, '19 Volvo XC40
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I've done far longer trips but not in the JT yet. I used to have to go to Greeneville, TN for work 3-6 times a year, drove to Philly and back in a day to pick up car parts, made a trek to KC from Charlotte that I did in a day each way. My near-term wish list includes a trip to Moab but scheduling is tricky and probably won't happen for at least another year.
That’s some serious driving!
I’ll be stopping in Moab to mountain bike on my way back.

Gladiator in my dreams

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 1997 Land Rover Defender, 2018 Q7 Audi
Occupation
Reitired
That’s some serious driving!
I’ll be stopping in Moab to mountain bike on my way back.
Stuart, FL to Orr's Island Maine. 1,532 miles about 24 hours of driving time. 2019 Wrangler 2 door, V-6 auto, cruise control, 7" radio. Totally standard rig.

Standard 3.41 rears, trip up and back (3064 miles) averaged (on jeep computer) 28.6 MPG. 3.45 rears give low RPM even at a steady 70 on I-95. Above 70 MPG drops quickly.

Bob

DubaiMarauder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Truck Driver
Vehicle Showcase
We just drove 1,600 miles (800 each way) pulling our 18 foot camper that weighs about 3,500 pounds loaded up with 3 kayaks on top of the JT with 2 kids and 2 adults and it did great. We drove from KY to NC (Outerbanks) and went through some hilly terrain. It towed much better than the previous 2016 and 2011 Grand Cherokees I had but wasn't as comfortable as the Grand Cherokee. I wouldn't trade the JT for the best Grand Cherokee out there though. It is such a functional and fun vehicle. It did awesome offroad on the beach and was so practical. Its my favorite vehicle that I have ever owned. My wife's JL is right up there with it but the extra room of the pick up bed make it such a better vehicle for my needs.
Id love to hear what your fuel economy was on that trip.

Sponsored

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
Drove this round trip 2 over nights going one overnight on the way back.. with 21’ travel trailer, wife, and 2 kids.

43F3DDDE-BD94-4F51-889C-1CFE7DFFA4C9.png

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
@Godfadr

Love Coeur d'Alene, I used to live in Spokane from 99-01. made some really good friends in that area. Beautiful area.

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
I left MN at 3:30am and pulled into my destination in TX at roughly 6:00pm the same day. Stopped 4 times for gas, leg stretch and back on the road. 976 miles total. Lot's of waves, no broken windshield and I could still walk when I stopped so I am chalking it up to a success. Safe Travels!

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Longest so far was Panama City to Key West, 742 Miles 14 hours. Wife and the dog 5 stops to let wife get out and walk. Not a bad trip at all, will repeat in April pulling the boat. Three fuel stops this trip, plain on 6 each way pulling the boat. 19 MPG over all on trip.
Sponsored

Last edited: