Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Picked mine up in Austin (Mac Haik - got a great deal) last week and drove back to Phoenix (1000 miles) over two days. Truck was comfortable, had enough power to scoot along, and I had no issues except the expected wind noise from driving such a blocky vehicle.
Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
1500 miles over 1.5 days. Felt comfortable the whole time, never got sore from sitting or anything. Handles 85 mph MUCH better than my 04 WJ

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
We take day trips from Lancaster, PA to Rehobeth, DE to go to the beach. Done it twice already this summer and no complaints. Just make sure if you take anything off, find a way to bring it with you. We had the freedom panels off and ran into a pop up storm and had to quickly get to the side of the road and throw them back on. Got rained on a little bit, but I believe we call that a "Jeep" thing!

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Did 10 hours or round trip plus about 1.5 hours of wheeling when I went to Crystal Mill. Zero issues. Lots of mountain driving and even did Independence Pass. Made for a long day. Seats were a bit rough near the end, but my but my body is TRASHED from years of contact. So I hurt most days just being awake.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Drive was awesome. Very comfortable up and back. A fully loaded bed and cab with gear, 4 people, no problem.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
did a 6 hr round trip the other day, no issues, very comfortable, love the xm radio for longer trips

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
We did 36 hours from Orlando to San Fransisco with a 16ft trailer the weekend I got my gladiator. Stopped for 6 hours to sleep in Dallas, but otherwise it was great! Took turns and put up a hammock for the dog in the back seat. 12 mpg wasn’t amazing, but it’s still better than I got on my old JK without a trailer.

I do feel the driver seat tilts forward a bit much and caused some discomfort on long trips. I’ve since added about .75” of washers to the front rail to level the seat and it has made a world of difference. 10/10 would recommend

Isle_of_Man

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Drove Albuquerque to Denver to pick up some rubi takeoffs and then back to Albuquerque on the same day. 15ish hours with stops, and it was a pleasant trip in the Gladiator. My ulterior motive was to put a lot of miles on the truck while it was still in carmax's 7 day full-refund-no-questions period.

Sponsored

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
I've now done almost 5 hour drives straight in the last month. The Jeep did great, and the entire family was comfortable.

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
Well not non-stop but this is where I have gone (so far) in the last couple weeks. Pulling an off-road trailer...

Jeep Gladiator Longest Continuous Drive in Your JT? IMG_3358

Jeep Gladiator Longest Continuous Drive in Your JT? IMG_3358
Awesome route! I'm assuming if you head back to Florida, you'll take the lower cross country route?

hskrfan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
CO Tech Phone Company
Drove 455 miles in a day from Columbus NE. to Firestone CO. The ride was very comfortable considering half of it was in med to heavy rain.

Last edited:

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Tomorrow morning we leave Wake Forest, NC for Iowa City, IA. (Permanent move) Total miles traveled are estimated at 996. Who else has put on some decent mileage on in one day and what are your thoughts about the JT being a worthy road trip warrior?
I drove over 1500 miles in 22 hours with only stops for gas. I can't complain, comfortable (and I have back problems) seating and I love the adaptive cruise control.
Sponsored