Longest Continuous Drive in Your JT?

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Kicking ass at 1:30 min towing my tt lol.
Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Tomorrow morning we leave Wake Forest, NC for Iowa City, IA. (Permanent move) Total miles traveled are estimated at 996. Who else has put on some decent mileage on in one day and what are your thoughts about the JT being a worthy road trip warrior?
Drove from Ogden Utah to Bloomington Indiana only stopping for gas, food, and restrooms.

FlyingShark

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Project Manager
Dallas to Houston and back on same day. Convinced me I need some of that sound dampening “stuff” I keep seeing on other threads. By the end of the day I was exhausted.

MyRight

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Freedom, 2003 Grand Cherokee Laredo
Albuquerque, NM to Carneseville, GA...1500 miles pulling a 5 x 10 enclosed trailer, about 1200 pounds.

The ride was great and barely noticed the trailer.
I averaged 17mpg, 100% stock.
The more I drive the JT, the more I want to drive it.

Last edited:

lppd45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon M/T, 1966 Deville convertible, 2013 Jetta TDI M/T, 2003 Road King, and 2016 CVO Street Glide
Occupation
Retired
Wife and I drove from Harrisburg Pa to Key West Fl stopping only for gas and bathroom breaks. It took us just over 22 hours and was just over 1300 miles. I drove about 3/4 of the trip and it wasn't that bad. Not sure that I would do it again though.

Sponsored

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Just completed a decent trip. Sept 19th left Rockwall TX at 3:30am CDT and stopped in Ouray CO at 6:00pm MNT (976 miles). I only stopped for gas and bio breaks. 7 days later did Grand Junction Co to Rockwall TX w/ a detour to the taxidermist (roughly 1100 miles). Left at 6:30am MNT and pulled into the house around 1:30am CDT. Five stops for gas and bio break, one rest stop break and pulled over by CO DNR just south of Denver on I25. Have to be honest I parked her for a couple days after that trip but we have now made up and all is good. :)

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Drove from West Chester, PA to Raleigh, NC several times, including towing my travel trailer. Going down, it's I-95 S. to I-85 S., 395 miles and 6.5 hours (7.5- 8 hours with the trailer because of DC area traffic and can't use the EZPass express lane to skip the worst of it). Coming back, it's I-64 E. to I-95 N. then in VA, I-58 E. to Norfolk and across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, then up I-13 N. to I-113 N., then Delaware Rt. 1 N. to I-95 N. and home from there. Nicer drive because I-95 through DC (usually starts south of Fredericksburg, VA) and Baltimore is traffic hell. Longer distance coming up the Delmarva peninsula but, the amount of time is the same plus you are still moving instead of sitting and staring at the other cars around you. Plus, it's really nice driving across that bridge tunnel.

dfwxjer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr JKRX, Navigator L, 63 Impala SS, Lexus CT200h
A trip from DFW to Austin and back, and despite an insane amount of rain we didn't have a single issue. Super comfy.

1600 miles and my wife and I love driving it. We've barely driven the Navigator since getting it.

13k miles later...

I drove from DFW to Roswell, NM a couple times (driving straight there, spending a couple hours shooting, then heading straight back), Oklahoma a few times, Wichita, KS, and haven't had a single issue. It's really comfortable for long trips. I'm glad I got the Mojave with the plusher seats and suspension.

Sitting at 14,500 this morning and have a Colorado trip next month.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I’ve had too many to mention. Minnesota to NM gas and restroom breaks only Probably the longest but just last week I went from Navajo Dam to Las Cruces, NM then turned around and went back in one shot. I’ve put around 10k on my truck now in not much over three months ownership.

I don’t get all the steering and comfort complaints Ive read here. I love this truck and have no issues whatsoever.

Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Albuquerque, NM to Carneseville, GA...1500 miles pulling a 5 x 10 enclosed trailer, about 1200 pounds.

The ride was great and barley noticed the trailer.
I averaged 17mpg, 100% stock.
The more I drive the JT, the more I want to drive it.
Who’s Barley?
(Stinking auto spell gets me too)

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I drove a 5,000 mile trip in my Gladiator on 35s and the soft top.

Was it miserable? No.
Was it optimal? No.
Was it fun? Yes.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Last week. 5.5 hours from Tennessee to St. Louis about 320 miles, next day St. Louis to KC another 300 miles and about 4.5 hours. Next day KC to Denver, this was about 620 miles and took me 10 hours with stops. Ended up about 1250 miles in 3 days.

Last edited: