OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
That's a 12V one--do you already have the batteries for the Dewalt 12V system?
Dammit I'm an idiot. I should be looking at 20v. Thanks for pointing that out. LOL
Sponsored

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I bought a Bosch 18V mid torque on sale, and I used it over the weekend to install the 2" lift (at least where I could fit it).

A lot of folks prefer the high torque models, but I haven't come across a situation where I've needed it yet... Even for taking lugs off, the Bosch did fine.

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
I bought a Bosch 18V mid torque on sale, and I used it over the weekend to install the 2" lift (at least where I could fit it).

A lot of folks prefer the high torque models, but I haven't come across a situation where I've needed it yet... Even for taking lugs off, the Bosch did fine.
What size sockets are the most used on the Jeep?

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
I have the Dewalt brand , quite a few, I worked in a papermill store house ( like a parts store ) we also had the tool crib, the Dewalt battery tools took a real beating in an industrial setting, that made up my mind. I also have air tools, don’t use them much anymore, the battery tools have really come a long way, also have a Milwaukee 3/8 battery ratchet, it’s great, I haven’t tried yet but I believe you could probably plug the charger into the inverter in the truck and keep a battery all charged up.
I also have the milwaulkee 3/8 ratchet. I ran it down flat and killed the overpriced battery. Fortunately there are inexpensive batteries available. I like it because its compact speeding up a lot of jobs in tight spaces.

Sponsored

Dakarider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee (getting Gladiator soon)
Occupation
Network Engineer
I have a Milwaukee mid torque 18 volt Impact , and its great but I recently got the new Dewalt 12 volt 1/2 impact with a 5ah battery, and I like using it much more. Much smaller and lighter and easier to get into places. So I use it 90% of the time now.

scoobycarolanNC

First Name
Scooby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mohave
Get the big dog Milwaukee with a big ass battery. It’ll crack anything.

Sponsored

OldButStillJeeping

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, '92 Jeep YJ, 2017 F250 4WD
Milwaukee M18. You won't regret it.

For older dudes like me, it makes turning wrenches easier fun again.

I've got the M18 in 1/2, the M18 in 3/8, and the M12 Ratchet. Had them for years and running strong. I probably use the M12 Ratchet most because I use it on just about anything 13mm and under.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The more I read and research the more I'm beginning to doubt if I really need a high torque impact wrench. I'm thinking maybe a good breaker bar and a decent 3/8 mid range impact wrench would do just fine. I don't live in the rust belt and after I finish with my suspension the most I might be doing is lug nuts and maybe a bumper. I can break lugs with the breaker bar and use the impact wrench for removing and installing the lugs. And that will save on chewing up the lug nuts.
Sponsored