youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Never heard of them, lemme know how they sound
Focal is amazing speakers… they are a high end home audio company from france… they came into the car audio world about ten years ago and the sound quality is second to none. I will be putting in the flax series when I get reworking on my system.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kennyglm

kennyglm

First Name
kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Focal is amazing speakers… they are a high end home audio company from france… they came into the car audio world about ten years ago and the sound quality is second to none. I will be putting in the flax series when I get reworking on my system.
Thats what i am getting the flax series

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
So they have speakers for the dash too? I couldn’t see that on crutchfield

Hemoglobin

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 JKU (Wife)
Not to be a nudge, but I put Focal Utopia's in my Range Rover in 2000! They've been around a bit longer than 10 years, but Even current Utopia M models, the tweets are pretty harsh. I'm not really sure why they can't fix that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kennyglm

kennyglm

First Name
kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Not to be a nudge, but I put Focal Utopia's in my Range Rover in 2000! They've been around a bit longer than 10 years, but Even current Utopia M models, the tweets are pretty harsh. I'm not really sure why they can't fix that.
Hmm interesting to hear, this will be my first time using Focal speakers and 5 channel amp. So we shall see.

RickF

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JT Rubicon
go terra acoustics front stage speakers for your dash upgrade.
I have them. They might sound amazing if they are the only speakers you upgrade. But I also put in 6.5" speakers in the knee panels with Metra pods and in the soundbar with the JTJL pods, and the Terra Acoustics are lost in the mix. This is because they are 8-ohm speakers while the most common (by far) are 4-ohm, which produce more volume from the same wattage. I find it strange that Terra Acoustics chose to go with an unusual impedance that does not match the vast majority of other aftermarket speakers. They've created a situation where, if you want balanced sound, you can ONLY upgrade the dash corner speakers with their replacements. If you upgrade the rest, as I have (and as I'm sure many people who care about audio will want to), their speakers will be overpowered and your soundstage will be moved to the rear of the vehicle, which sounds strange.

I emailed the owner of the company and he recommends adding a small amp to power only the Terra Acoustics speakers to make up for the difference in efficiency. I may do that when I can.
Sponsored