Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
Please keep us updated I’m leaning towards the 6x9’s
How did you wire them up
Did you go with components?
just finished. Not components. The mb quart adapters come with a short wiring piece that connects to the smaller stock speaker wiring and to new speaker. Easy is understatement.
again, this isnt for everyone as it involves cutting the inside of the soundbar, but it works for me.

BC26FCFC-C0CE-4295-B94C-2EDD502E86D1.jpeg
Sponsored

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer
I did the mb Quart 6x9 kit as well. Huge difference. I had blown the oem speakers...lol. my volume only has 1 setting...max. I also scrapped the oem subwoofer and fit a punch prime p3 12 behind the passenger rear seat. It required cutting the plastics and removing the rear center seatbelt.

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
I did the mb Quart 6x9 kit as well. Huge difference. I had blown the oem speakers...lol. my volume only has 1 setting...max. I also scrapped the oem subwoofer and fit a punch prime p3 12 behind the passenger rear seat. It required cutting the plastics and removing the rear center seatbelt.
Any pics of the sub? How’s it sound?

RickF

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JT Rubicon
I just replaced the existing 4" & 3.5" speakers with Kicker 77KICK25AB (3.5") and 47KSC404 (4"). I was pretty happy with the factory Alpines other than they just weren't loud enough with the top off. These do the trick and add quite a bit of high end as well. I am currently waiting on a pair of the Terra Acoustic dash replacements which, according to their latest email, should be available soon. I may do 6.5's in the kick panel but that will depend on what everything sounds like once I get my sub installed. Pic quality is pretty bad...but that's what the replacements look like.

Jeep Gladiator Anybody upgrade the roll bar speaker on there alpine Upgraded stereo BC26FCFC-C0CE-4295-B94C-2EDD502E86D1
Terra Acoustics' dash panel speakers have my interest, too. The thing I'm wondering about is speaker impedance. Most replacement speakers are 4 ohms--I have redone every speaker except the subwoofer with 4 ohm speakers (6.5" in the knee panel using the Metra pods and 6.5" in the soundbar using the JL/JT pods), 3.5" in the dash panel. System sounds great but I am still interested in the Terra Acoustics because they have separate woofers and tweeters. But, they are 8-ohm speakers. I emailed their customer support about this, asking if mismatched impedances would be compatible. They essentially said "maybe" and gave me more of their marketing about how blown away I would be by their product. But there was no good answer other than, "you'll have to try it and see." They reiterated the fact that there is a 60-day return window. I'll report back here when I have them. I found it strange that they had no answer, given that many of their customers are probably interested in upgrading other speakers as well and 8-ohm is not a common speaker impedance.

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Did you do the front dash speakers already? Inhave the Alpine “upgrade” also. For bit over $50 Can do the infinity upgrade in dash. I did it a bit ago makes a massive improvement in range. Music becomes much more detailed. Takes 20 minutes to swap them out.
Jeep Gladiator Anybody upgrade the roll bar speaker on there alpine Upgraded stereo C765B0E4-DA08-4E1B-B9F7-B8956DCF2F12

Sponsored

Saharacane

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Dog Dad
Did you do the front dash speakers already? Inhave the Alpine “upgrade” also. For bit over $50 Can do the infinity upgrade in dash. I did it a bit ago makes a massive improvement in range. Music becomes much more detailed. Takes 20 minutes to swap them out.
Jeep Gladiator Anybody upgrade the roll bar speaker on there alpine Upgraded stereo C765B0E4-DA08-4E1B-B9F7-B8956DCF2F12
Agreed! I just replaced my dash speakers with the Infinity 3032cfx as well and am very happy. They are on sale now at Crutchfield and I highly recommend them.
Now I'm waiting on the 6.5" Infinity Reference for the Rollbar.

ritojr

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
I've done a combo of some of the things in this thread. Initially replaced the 3.5's in the dash and sound bar with Kicker DSC350's (got them on clearance). For the money and very little time, it was an adequate enough upgrade but certainly not life changing. Just last week I installed the Select Increment JLJT pods with the Kicker CSS65 speakers/tweeters. I'd say this was a more significant upgrade but still nothing crazy. I also am not an audiophile so may just not hear it.

Overall, for the money, I am happy enough with the upgrades and feel I improved the system a bit. I notice more range from the sound bar now and a bump in bass. Haven't driven top/doors off yet to compare.

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer
Any pics of the sub? How’s it sound?
Sounds fantastic, I have been using that sub/amp combo for years. I need to fix that clip in the top right. I never fold that seat down, didn't realize it popped out. Had to cut the center seatbelt out to make it work. For my diesel gobi that is coming, I am going with the JL 10s in the fiberglass box. This install took a while...
Jeep Gladiator Anybody upgrade the roll bar speaker on there alpine Upgraded stereo 20220520_123559[1]

Jeep Gladiator Anybody upgrade the roll bar speaker on there alpine Upgraded stereo 20220520_123615[1]

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I upgraded the 3.5’s to Kenwood Excelon KFC-X3C’s. The Alpine system sounded pretty good to me but seemed very midrange-heavy…there isn’t a single tweeter in the entire system.

Replacing the factory 3.5”s with these Kenwoods added highs into the mix that were desperately needed. I replaced them in the dash and the sound bar and now I’m more than happy with the sound quality. Pretty cheap upgrade and well worth it in my opinion.
Were these simple plug and play or did you have to buy a wiring harness too?

TreyK42

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave Sting Gray
Occupation
Software Nerd
Were these simple plug and play or did you have to buy a wiring harness too?
I ordered them from crutchfield and they include vehicle-specific wiring harnesses at no charge. You could cut the factory wires and solder them or use butt connectors but the harnesses included with mine worked great.

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I ordered them from crutchfield and they include vehicle-specific wiring harnesses at no charge. You could cut the factory wires and solder them or use butt connectors but the harnesses included with mine worked great.
Thanks for the response. Still pleased with the results of the upgraded speakers?
And you have the factory Alpine stereo correct?

TreyK42

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave Sting Gray
Occupation
Software Nerd
Thanks for the response. Still pleased with the results of the upgraded speakers?
And you have the factory Alpine stereo correct?
I do have the Alpine stereo and I’m still very happy with the upgraded speakers.

TPolk843

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Boiler Technician
My buddy upgraded his with all Rockford Fosgate and it sounded amazing. Better than my alpine oem. He got a whole kit off crutchfield. The only thing that tripped him up with he needed inline resistors. But if my alpine goes out that's what I'll go with.

Mojave Nunzio

First Name
Nunzio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Control Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I upgraded to these 6.5" MTX component speakers using the JL-JT pods. Because you have the Alpine upgrade, the factory setup already splits the signal for the tweeter and woofer components and you do NOT have to use the included crossovers. Total cost was about $350 and they sound great. Much more bass. They do hang down much lower than the original grills but they do NOT block the rear passenger's view forward and they look really good. Of course, you could go with less expensive speakers.

Speakers: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-oYvcb...GNbvd6F4ocHE1XafFYh9vv1HG-0SP01xoCx7EQAvD_BwE

Pods: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_6633JLJTAE/Select-Increments-JLJT-Pods.html

Note: adding more oomph to the soundbar will bring the soundstage backward. I had to upgrade the upper dash speakers to "brighter" Infinity units (super easy installation) to correct for that. I also did the knee panel speakers, meaning that I have upgraded every speaker except for the factory subwoofer. The system sounds excellent.

Jeep Gladiator Anybody upgrade the roll bar speaker on there alpine Upgraded stereo 20220520_123615[1]
Hi, I really like the look of these MTX's, So you mentioned that you do not have to use the included crossovers, you just used the supplied Metra wire harness for plug n play and would you say that you get a nice thump of bass compared to stock?

RickF

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JT Rubicon
Hi, I really like the look of these MTX's, So you mentioned that you do not have to use the included crossovers, you just used the supplied Metra wire harness for plug n play and would you say that you get a nice thump of bass compared to stock?
Yes, the factory Alpine system already splits the signal into "woofer" and "tweeter" for the stock 4" and 3.5" speakers, respectively. The MTX speakers hook right up with the supplied harnesses (from Crutchfield) such that what was going to the 4" speaker now goes to the 6.5" speaker, and what was going to the 3.5" speaker now goes to the MTX component tweeter. It works great. The bass response is tight and strong and the highs are crisp.

The issue here is that these are so much larger than the ones they replace--and hang so much lower--that the soundstage is effectively moved even more rearward in the vehicle. I bought those Terra Acoustic speakers for the dash corners, but they are less efficient and, mixed with these, it seems like almost all the sound is coming from behind my head. Therefore, I took out the Terra Acoustics and put some very "bright" Infinity 3032's in the dash corners to make up for this to some extent, which helps, but with the way the MTX speakers in the pods hang down, they're literally right behind your head. They sound great but I am trying to figure out how to bring the soundstage forward without having to add an amp.
Sponsored