Lower back pain anyone?!

WJTR

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
Curious if anyone finds the lower back support very stiff on the Rubicon? Noticeable discomfort after long drives
Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Actually quite opposite. I have back problems already and my Gladiator is very comfortable on long drives. The day I picked it up I drove 500 miles home. That was a Tuesday and on Friday I drove it to Florida from TN. The ink on the check hasn’t even dried and it has 2100 miles on it already.

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
Actually quite opposite. I have back problems already and my Gladiator is very comfortable on long drives. The day I picked it up I drove 500 miles home. That was a Tuesday and on Friday I drove it to Florida from TN. The ink on the check hasn’t even dried and it has 2100 miles on it already.
I agree. I have the sport s max tow and the seat have the adjustable lumbar. I find it much more comfy than my JK with leather.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The seats in JL/JT are horrible and it took mine several weeks to "break in" when I first started driving it. Lots of back pain until then. And the lumbar hits too high, completely misses the L4/L5 area of the spine. Monkeys must have designed these seats.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
I have lower back issues and find the seats, especially with the adjustable lumbar, very comfortable for long trips. On mornings I have a stiff back, the heaters do a nice job of loosening it up on the commute to work.

Sponsored

aaxxel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla model 3
First of all, the main cause of this problem is probably the wrong sitting posture. In addition to adjusting the sitting position, you can also use some auxiliary things to relieve the pressure on the waist. For example, using a men's waist training belt device is a good support belt. Adjust to your strength, you will be able to reduce the discomfort of the waist.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I had serious back trauma in 2008, and my back is FUBAR. So much so, I can't even workout like a normal person...I can step wrong on flat ground and borderline throw my back out. But I don't find any discomfort when driving my JTR. But I do think that the width of the leg-room area (left to right) is a bit on the cramped side and if it could be opened up a few inches on each side would be really nice. Because of the nerve damage in my back, I have random pains, so I have to move my legs around a lot while in a vehicle. I have a tall torso, so the tall upright seating position (I'm guessing it's a Jeep thing) is not the most comfortable for me personally, I'm used to a lower, or at least height-adjustable seating position in my trucks and cars so I can lower the seat down and my eyes will be more middle of the windshield, and not forehead level with the visors... But I have gotten used to it over the last 1000+ miles, and I was able to adjust the seat to where it's tolerable, and now that I'm used to it, it's not that bad. But it is a big difference when going from my work-issued truck (2017 Tacoma) that seats more like a car, and my big truck (Ram 2500 Cummins) that has very large and plush and fully-adjustable seats and console with a much bigger dash and more room to move around.

I would very much like to see a height-adjustable seat in Jeeps, in the future. At least an adjustable-height seat base that I could purchase for my JTR.

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Same experience. I agree 100%.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have lower back issues and find the seats, especially with the adjustable lumbar, very comfortable for long trips. On mornings I have a stiff back, the heaters do a nice job of loosening it up on the commute to work.
I also have back issues, and find the seats in my Overland to be very good. I would like a little more legroom, but I'm able to make it work for me.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I also find the seats comfortable and have taken about a dozen 700+ mile daily trips. The seat adjustments are adequate, not excellent, but I find enough adjustment to keep my back from getting stiff. I’m 6’4” and 220lbs, so it may be different body sizes/types have different experiences.

The bigger pain for me is the constant stopping for gas, but that was a trade off I signed up for...

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
The only car seats I've ever found more comfortable than my JK's leather seats is the JT's. Spectacular, for my build and my lower back damage and issues. I do dislike that the bottom tilts slightly down, which I will fix with spacers today or tomorrow. My wife really hates that too. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the seats take some time to break in.

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Curious if anyone finds the lower back support very stiff on the Rubicon? Noticeable discomfort after long drives
Amazon has a great car seat massager pad for $89. Powered by your cigarette lighter jack.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
5’8” here and have a terrible back. Drove to Bama and back with no problems whatsoever. About 7 hours each way.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I have a bad L5. I drove basically 4.5 hours straight today. I was maybe feeling a little weird radiating in my left leg but nothing I've not felt before on long rides. Back was pretty happy overall.
Sponsored