Sponsored

M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal: More than a foot rest.

NotSo Bright White

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR DIESEL
Occupation
Retire Fireman
Vehicle Showcase

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
I find it more comfortable when driving to rest my foot on this rather than flat on the floor. It's a more natural angle. BUT, what I discoed that makes this REALLY awesome is for bracing during a steep decline, or if you need to raise up a bit in the seat to see an obstacle.
Same, I use mine all the time on road trips and longer drive.

rubicon4wheeler

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Safety Supervisor
I use the firewall as my dead pedal. I presume that these aftermarket ones prevent the driver from being able to stretch out his legs?

JeepCode4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Gladiator HA
I bought the MORE dead pedal also, liked it over the others due to the way it mounts. After installing that and the seat jackers from desert does it, longer distances are night and day comfortable. I’m pretty tall, and it was odd for my legs prior, which hurt after a while.

Sponsored

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those of you with the MORE dead pedal... it looks like it has space under it. Is there room to still put your foot flat on the floor with your toes under it if desired? I really like being able to put my foot flat on the ground or at least have more than one position. Also is there room between the dead pedal and the brake for a averaged sized shoe to fit if I wanted to stretch my leg out straight?

Thanks all!
yes - you can still stretch your foot our on the floor under it. Pic Enclosed
For sure - hip savers for me. Most other vehicles I've had had a place for the left foot without it hanging out there in the air and nothing under your shoe sole. Even the WJ had a built-in foot rest there.
It's ergonomic - in fact, we started using foot rests at work under desks to keep the feet properly positioned. Saved backs, hips, etc.
The JT sucks for left foot space. I've never had my left foot hanging in the air like with these.
Heck of a difference.

Mine takes seconds to install or remove as it's held on with one nut on an existing stud. I had this one in my 2020 and moved it to my 2022 in short order.

Jeep Gladiator M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal:  More than a foot rest. CC46890D-6615-4ED1-81B6-5262D6889106

Jeep Gladiator M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal:  More than a foot rest. CC46890D-6615-4ED1-81B6-5262D6889106
Nice Pics! The other version (M.O.R.E. and an alternate version, similar style i purchased on amazon) use the two holes on the silver strut on the left that you can clearly see in your second picture. I went with that style as it is elevated enough to allow room to still stretch your foot out straight underneath it for a change in position on long drives.

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use the firewall as my dead pedal. I presume that these aftermarket ones prevent the driver from being able to stretch out his legs?
There are different versions. The M.O.R.E and others that are smaller are mounted in an elevated position which leaves room for your foot to slide under and past it. The one that looks like a long gas pedal and touches the floor would not allow that. Mine is elevated and initially adjustable during install - I have mine set so that I can reach it comfortably but have it elevated so my heel does not touch the floor when my foot is resting on it.
I purchased mine from Amazon about 2 years ago: https://a.co/0IFGtBr
Jeep Gladiator M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal:  More than a foot rest. 1673551937626

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Steve at M.O.R.E. replied to my email and confirmed:
The socket size for the nuts for the 1/4" studs on the clamp is 7/16"
The socket size for the nut for the 5/16" Flat Top Bolt is 1/2"
The Hex Wrench size for the head of the Flat Top Bolt is 3/16"

American Standard still lives!
LOL - yeah, M.O.R.E hasn't changed to metric for their own stuff, but they are installing it in a vehicle with 100% metric fasteners.
So for me personally, it means I have to grab a mix of tools instead of all metric stuff.
It's what I disliked about cars I worked on years ago that were a mix - never knew which bolt or nut was metric and which wasn't. Even the 1990s 4.0 was standard bolts except for one freakin' motor mount bolt hole which they made metric for some stupid reason.
When I work on my JT - I only need metric wrenches or sockets - although remembering to grab my left-handed screwdriver can be a problem.

OP
OP
Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Far Northwest Deep East Texas in the Dirty South
Website
www.best-motorcycle.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Wrangler Sahara
For those of you with the MORE dead pedal... it looks like it has space under it. Is there room to still put your foot flat on the floor with your toes under it if desired? I really like being able to put my foot flat on the ground or at least have more than one position. Also is there room between the dead pedal and the brake for a averaged sized shoe to fit if I wanted to stretch my leg out straight?

Thanks all!
The M.O.R.E. is where a clutch pedal would be.
It is not attached to the floor.
A person's foot could slide under it.
An average shoe is not going to pass
between the Dead Pedal and the brake.

Sponsored

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Q-Tec one and it was a game changer.
Sounds stupid, but it makes a giant difference in long trips

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Gladiator, 2019 Honda Pilot
I have the Quadratec dead pedal. It essentially has a hinge at the top so you can lift it out of the way to fully extend your leg if needed.
This was the first mod I bought and I feel is a necessity if driving for an extended time period.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I have the Quadratec dead pedal. It essentially has a hinge at the top so you can lift it out of the way to fully extend your leg if needed.
This was the first mod I bought and I feel is a necessity if driving for an extended time period.
Thanks for the confusion. I was set on the M.O.R.E. but now 'do I need the hinge of the Quadratech?' What about that Amazon cheapie, it is smaller and may not need the hinge........
Too many options.

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the confusion. I was set on the M.O.R.E. but now 'do I need the hinge of the Quadratech?' What about that Amazon cheapie, it is smaller and may not need the hinge........
Too many options.
Funny I went through the same thoughts.

The hinge and the matching pad got me.
Sponsored