Sponsored

M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal: More than a foot rest.

OP
OP
Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Far Northwest Deep East Texas in the Dirty South
Website
www.best-motorcycle.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Wrangler Sahara
After driving hours
on highways and county roads,
I love my Dead Pedal.
Sponsored

RobbertCole

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 Mustang GT
Never understood the benefits of these things but people buy them so there must be some kind of benefits.
me either. at 6'3" i want all the leg room i can get. I have no idea why anyone would want a dead pedal to take up space in the footwell. just stretch your left foot out and let it sit there.

ive driven from Madison WI to Tensleep WY in one shot twice, and a 4 hour trip almost every friday and sunday.

Must be 5'7" activities.

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
me either. at 6'3" i want all the leg room i can get. I have no idea why anyone would want a dead pedal to take up space in the footwell. just stretch your left foot out and let it sit there.

ive driven from Madison WI to Tensleep WY in one shot twice, and a 4 hour trip almost every friday and sunday.

Must be 5'7" activities.
I'm of the same height, and my left leg cramps up. Hoping it helps.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase

Must be 5'7" activities.
I'm 5'4" and I'm the same way. It doesn't bother me to stretch my leg out honestly.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer

Must be 5'7" activities.
It's not a height thing, but an ergonomic thing. The OEM orientation of the Jeep seat combined with having your foot flat on the floor is just uncomfortable for a lot of us.

Sponsored

BaliMawr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTMT, 2004 R1150GS, 1979 R100
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Art Teacher, Blacksmith
I use the firewall as my dead pedal. I presume that these aftermarket ones prevent the driver from being able to stretch out his legs?
You must have some LONG-ass legs! :LOL: I can stretch my legs out beyond the pedal if necessary, but I have it positioned so that I rarely need to; I switch between the dead pedal and foot flat on the floor, back closer to the seat.

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you must have inferior hips.

youre no overlord of mine, what with your inferior hip structure.
You should not be focusing on my hips!

Makes folks wonder.

Yes, I'm banged up!

Disabled VET, and the hips you focused, well at least one has been replaced.

TI BABY!

Pricey alloys!

Banged up and still advancing!

You should have a poster of me in your bedroom, on the ceiling, someone to look up to.

Workshop too!

Mayhaps in your pondering room as well.

RobbertCole

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 Mustang GT
You should not be focusing on my hips!

Makes folks wonder.

Yes, I'm banged up!

Disabled VET, and the hips you focused, well at least one has been replaced.

TI BABY!

Pricey alloys!

Banged up and still advancing!

You should have a poster of me in your bedroom, on the ceiling, someone to look up to.

Workshop too!

Mayhaps in your pondering room as well.
I will always focus on hips, I've been told they dont lie.

The world is my pondering room and the walmart parking lot is my workshop.

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will always focus on hips, I've been told they dont lie.

The world is my pondering room and the walmart parking lot is my workshop.

Might I be so bold for you to focus on another's hips, mine has a massive scar, yet is shapely and oh so firm?

Sponsored

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Quadratech piece just arrived. Impressed, nice brushed stainless, heavy gauge, adjustable, with stainless hardware, nylock nuts. I'm surprised the price is that good!

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Quadratech piece just arrived. Impressed, nice brushed stainless, heavy gauge, adjustable, with stainless hardware, nylock nuts. I'm surprised the price is that good!
Gotta tell ya, I'm pleased.

Being anal retentive ..... (Should that be hyphenated?) (I never know.) (No sleep tonight, wondering.)

What were you saying?

Did a couple of lil mods on the install. A couple of teflon washers betwixt the two parts, added a washer under the flanged 8 Mickey Mouse nut. It looks to have been water jetted, and the edges are pretty sharp. Put a dollop of door edge guard where it contacts the floor mats. Tightened e-nuff so that if I lift it, it stays. Popped in, sat down and said , "Oh Yeah BABY!"

Me thinks Ima gonna like it.

Thanks to those folks who suggested this very item!

Now to get the toothbrush out to clean the pedals and the floor mats!

Happy Boy!

Jeep Gladiator M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal:  More than a foot rest. DSCF4607.JPG

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
A dead pedal is essential for me. My foot and ankle hurts after an hour of driving without one. Not trying to chime in for sales, I just love sharing the pedal I designed. It is one of my favorite products. I always wanted a way to control driving lights with my foot to keep my hands on the wheel, so I designed the dead pedal to also hold and old school floor dimmer switch. I have it connected to a set of Baja Designs LP6s and they make an awesome "high-beam" for back road driving. No more fumbling for the switch, just click it! I also have a momentary switch option for those that wanted to use it for their train horns. It also hinges up for removal of the floor mat.

Jeep Gladiator M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal:  More than a foot rest. Jeep-JL-JT-Dead-Pedal-01

Jeep Gladiator M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal:  More than a foot rest. Jeep-JL-JT-Dead-Pedal-13

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue
... It also hinges up for removal of the floor mat.

Jeep Gladiator M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal:  More than a foot rest. Jeep-JL-JT-Dead-Pedal-13
813 --> I seem to be in the minority that wants a dead pedal some of the time, but not always. I am wondering, can your design pivot up enough that it can touch the bottom of the dash? I was thinking of mounting a magnet there to keep it in the up position when not wanted and be able to just tap it down with my toes when i want to use it. Not sure if you design will pivot that much and if it's made of a ferrous metal.

I love the idea of the old-school foot actuated high beam switch btw!

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
813 --> I seem to be in the minority that wants a dead pedal some of the time, but not always. I am wondering, can your design pivot up enough that it can touch the bottom of the dash? I was thinking of mounting a magnet there to keep it in the up position when not wanted and be able to just tap it down with my toes when i want to use it. Not sure if you design will pivot that much and if it's made of a ferrous metal.

I love the idea of the old-school foot actuated high beam switch btw!
Hey Kris,
Yes, the pedal will pivot up. I think it will go even higher than in this photo. It is made of aluminum, but you could possible add some magnets to make your idea work.

Jeep-JL-JT-Dead-Pedal-14.jpg
Sponsored