Sponsored

Made a bonehead move...worse than cheating on my wife...

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Are manuals realistically available again? JEEP wasn’t making any for a long time.
Sponsored

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
I have the sport s, with a manual and I went no tow package so I have 1700lbs of payload.

The manual transmission is easier to drive now I have rubicon 285/70/17 wheels.

Jeep Gladiator Made a bonehead move...worse than cheating on my wife... 20201008_162810

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
That looks great. A few questions, When did you buy the JT? Do you know the date of manufacture? Finally, did your mpg drop with the larger tires? I’m looking to do the same.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
The 4.10 gears are more responsive and less sluggish than the 3.73 in the overland
I find the manual Overland has plenty of get up and go when I need it. Trick is to understand the V6 delivers it max power at the high end of the RPM range, and shift accordingly. Wind it out in 1st and 2nd and it really scoots.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Well, if anyone cares about how this saga ends...I sign on the dotted line tomorrow! Hydro Blue Sport S with a few bells and whistles. Getting my new wheels and tires Monday. Bye bye Ram. Back to the Jeep family. Jeep wave! I’ll never stray again. Thanks for all the comments and advice and help peeps!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Well, if anyone cares about how this saga ends...I sign on the dotted line tomorrow! Hydro Blue Sport S with a few bells and whistles. Getting my new wheels and tires Monday. Bye bye Ram. Back to the Jeep family. Jeep wave! I’ll never stray again. Thanks for all the comments and advice and help peeps!
Thats impressive you were able to get out of the ram so quick and back into a JT.

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Thats impressive you were able to get out of the ram so quick and back into a JT.
I was surprised myself! Going into my first JT a few months ago I had an older Honda I traded in and they gave me $7,500 for it. I took 2K cash from that to pay for some new garage doors and then put the rest towards the JT. When I traded it in they were in such high demand in my area I pretty much got what I paid for it since the miles were so low and it was only two months old. I had about $5K positive equity going into the Ram. I lost some in this deal, but not bad out the door! I’m happy. Lesson learned.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I was surprised myself! Going into my first JT a few months ago I had an older Honda I traded in and they gave me $7,500 for it. I took 2K cash from that to pay for some new garage doors and then put the rest towards the JT. When I traded it in they were in such high demand in my area I pretty much got what I paid for it since the miles were so low and it was only two months old. I had about $5K positive equity going into the Ram. I lost some in this deal, but not bad out the door! I’m happy. Lesson learned.
Damn. That is amazing given how bad they say driving off the lot is supposed to be. Now pay off the JT and keep it forever. Though I have a bad habit of keeping cars as I pay them off....

ron168

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rubi, '20 JT Rubi LE, '17 GLS63
Now you have me thinking about the MT! Hmmmm...

Sponsored

Papa Tiger

First Name
P T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150's
Summer here, Mmmmm! Jeep Gladiator seems Good idea ! Mmmm !

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Dear God man!!! Did you lose you mind?

Drive down to the damn dealership this minute and just do it. You know your wife wants you to.
Sponsored