capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.

Deleted member 21141

check out MEK magnet , the owner is Ms Monika Kalenski is very cool and quick to assist

Trekkor2020

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I just traded my Jk for the JT. I used the Smittybilt Mag Armor when we would go offroad. Clean the body before putting the pieces on. Then take off as soon as we got home. Drove from Dallas to Palo Duro Jeep Jamboree and home. Palo Duro is the definition of dust! Later to Kentucky Jamboree. Both times with the mag armor. No problem with wind blowing it loose on highway, even at 70-80 mph many times. And we didn’t have any scuffing of the black paint from using them. But you do need to make sure the paint is clean before you install. Really reduced the pin striping.
now with aluminum doors I don’t know how to use it. I’m thinking of using 3m Dual Lock “buttons” placed around the edge and on several spots in the middle of the pieces. I’ll have to experiment. But the amor is a low cost option to preserving the paint. The black fenders were not protected obvioualy, and has many pin stripes. Used Black Majic to camouflage them. When we got home, just pull them off and clean them for storage till next time. Here is a link to them.https://www.morris4x4center.com/smittybilt-mag-armor-magnetic-side-skins-15-piece-set-black-sb-76994.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwkPX0BRBKEiwA7THxiHbDrQgLOCz4G6JuqwyU5zlXPgkhZ4-ohLhcZ85Hu8bt-79nV1kzLRoCyk8QAvD_BwE

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I have the MEK Magnet armor on my JK and it saved my paint many times and was well worth the money. Now that they have it available for the non-metallic JL/JT, I'll be ordering a set. I understand that its kind of a sticky material like those silicone lint rollers. Just rinse off the back to clean when necessary. I like the concept.
Jeep Gladiator Magnetic JT Armor, Thoughts? MikeFisselDH

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
I have the MEK Magnet armor on my JK and it saved my paint many times and was well worth the money. Now that they have it available for the non-metallic JL/JT, I'll be ordering a set. I understand that its kind of a sticky material like those silicone lint rollers. Just rinse off the back to clean when necessary. I like the concept.
I would be concerned that over time the 'sticky" would lose it's sticky from handling and dirt. I would get Proline to precut some clear paint protection film and leave it on permanent.

Sponsored

Deleted member 21141

Awaiting my order for my Gladiator

MilesAH

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 TJ. ‘07 JKU. ‘09 JKUR. Now a ‘21 JTRD
Occupation
HVACR Service
Aren't the doors aluminum? Magnetics won't work.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
The whole cab is aluminum, bed is steel. I sent an email to MEK asking if they had used aluminum-compatible magnets. :)

OP
OP
Sazabi19

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Aren't the doors aluminum? Magnetics won't work.
& @SwampNut another member has stated the JT versions of this are essentially window cling material that work with aluminum.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sazabi19

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice, I'd love to try it but the price is a bit salty for our current economy, well for me at least. I think this may be the way to go when I get some cash, or if they go on sale. I think I saw on the site that there are good options too, wonder about tailgate...

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I keep seeing people saying the JT has aluminum doors and they won't stick,

That is true but the JL and JT versions are NOT magnetic, they are a sticky silicon type material, reminds me of the washable and reusable lint brushes.

I met Monika the owner of MEK Magnets at SEMA in 2018. She seems committed to the Jeep lifestyle and has done a great job with her products.

Someone also mentioned "what about the tailgate". Tailgates, along with hoods, don't usually get scratched up when you are on the trails, typically only the sides. I guess if you wanted to protect the hood and tailgate, that 3M clear "bra" type material might just be what you need. On the hood, it would do a decent job of protecting from bug and rock damage.

Deleted member 21141

I keep seeing people saying the JT has aluminum doors and they won't stick,

That is true but the JL and JT versions are NOT magnetic, they are a sticky silicon type material, reminds me of the washable and reusable lint brushes.

I met Monika the owner of MEK Magnets at SEMA in 2018. She seems committed to the Jeep lifestyle and has done a great job with her products.

Someone also mentioned "what about the tailgate". Tailgates, along with hoods, don't usually get scratched up when you are on the trails, typically only the sides. I guess if you wanted to protect the hood and tailgate, that 3M clear "bra" type material might just be what you need. On the hood, it would do a decent job of protecting from bug and rock damage.
Ms Monika seems pretty cool and very dedicated to her products. I appreciate her emails and personal messages keeping me updated. Looking forward to seeing and installing my armor

OP
OP
Sazabi19

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wonder if it would be worthwhile to try to get her onto the forum as a vendor... maybe we can get a discount with exposure :D I really want a set but I have to wait :(

Monika

First Name
Monika
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mekmagnet.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
President & CEO
So I was looking for a nice EASY way to help preserve my paint if I do go offroading here in the near future and I can't find much in the way of anything quick/easy to protect it except 1 site that has magnetic armor. This is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for but I've not seen anyone say anything about it. There are some similar products on Amazon that I can find reviews on and it seems to work. I'd like for it to protect the paint from minor scrapes and scratches from brush or possibly the odd rock/dirt being kicked up, I know it won't do much for dents and dings. I'm not in favor of having to drill anything into my JT and find this magnetic solution to be nice to just pull off when I'm done to be the best solution. It's going for $700 and seems to cover almost the entire side of the truck. What do you guys think? Used anything similar?

https://www.mekmagnet.com/products/mek-magnet-armor-jt?variant=31933684973649
The MEK Magnet JT Armor has a custom formulated gel-back that sticks the Armor to the Jeep aluminum and all. It’s non-toxic, reusable and washable. Pretty amazing product! I’ve been testing it on my JT and love how it not only protects my $60k rig but looks awesome and definitely makes my Gladiator stand out. I highly recommend it!
Sponsored