First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I doubt it. This material is a very thick, strong tape. Kind of like 3m double side tape but thicker. Clear would be great to have so you could see your actual paint color. Or if they could match your paint color would be cool.
Yeah i dunno that i need the whole “graphics package” part of it, and the charge for paint protect film/wrap in my area is absurd
Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Yeah i dunno that i need the whole “graphics package” part of it, and the charge for paint protect film/wrap in my area is absurd
Give them a call. Rumor has it that there is a clear option coming.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Sorry for the delay, but here's the finished result. Looks killer! Should protect very well from this Florida scrub oak. Curvatures took a bit of finesse, but overall easy to put on by urself. Bed pieces mightve been a tad easier with a second set of hands. Drove up to 80 mph constant for about 2 hrs, 1.5 hrs after apication... no issues. Gonna romp in some mud tomorrow to test durability.
Jeep Gladiator Magnetic JT Armor, Thoughts? 20210305_155822
Jeep Gladiator Magnetic JT Armor, Thoughts? 20210305_155813
Jeep Gladiator Magnetic JT Armor, Thoughts? 20210305_155755
Jeep Gladiator Magnetic JT Armor, Thoughts? 20210305_155718

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
So, after a lil wheeling thru sandy mud, I had 2 panels start peeling, very little tho. I may not have let it sit long enough, so most likely my fault. Pulled the 2 panels off, ran water over the gel backing to remove grit, let dry, and reapplied without issue. Still tacky and held for my 3 hr drive back home.

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Not meant to protect you from water mud or sand. From brush and tree scrapes. Not the fault of the panels fault of the operator expecting an outcome for a use they were apparently not designed for

Readyt

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rimtyme.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Franchise Business Consultant
My new Jeep is leased and I want to protect the paint for obvious reasons. I love my clear coat gator and specifically sought that color. I don't really want to wrap and cover it up, plus that's a lot more expensive. I liked the idea that I could very easily take off the magnets when I wasn't using them.
I agree. Most of the pinstripes I received were on the side that these protect. I looked at Mek and haven't ordered because they are also Adhesive Magnetic.

OP
OP
Sazabi19

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I agree. Most of the pinstripes I received were on the side that these protect. I looked at Mek and haven't ordered because they are also Adhesive Magnetic.
The ones for the JT are like window clings, no magnetic properties. Several people in here have said they are quite good.

OP
OP
Sazabi19

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would totally ride around all December with that xmas sweater one

1616081059627.png
Lol, that would be awesome! For maybe $150-$200. For $700 though? No chance in hell. I would still love to have 1 but for $700 for the truck it's still really salty. I could see maybe $300-$400 for these and it would have many more buyers. I just can't imagine plastic bits like this would cost so much personally. Oh well.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Lol, that would be awesome! For maybe $150-$200. For $700 though? No chance in hell. I would still love to have 1 but for $700 for the truck it's still really salty. I could see maybe $300-$400 for these and it would have many more buyers. I just can't imagine plastic bits like this would cost so much personally. Oh well.
As a pure decoration yeah no, but you could still use it on the trail

OP
OP
Sazabi19

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As a pure decoration yeah no, but you could still use it on the trail
I was talking for pure trail purposes. It recommends you don't just ride around with it when not going wheeling. While the sweater one would be fun to ride around for a month as well, I can't justify the price as far as using that as protection. $700 for the plastic vinyl stuff is steep.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I don't think you guys understand the "ADHESIVE" part of the MEK panels. I liken them to the silicone lint brushes that you rinse off with water. These are essentially the same. They stick to the sides of your Jeep then come right off leaving NO residue.

Trekkor2020

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I don't think you guys understand the "ADHESIVE" part of the MEK panels. I liken them to the silicone lint brushes that you rinse off with water. These are essentially the same. They stick to the sides of your Jeep then come right off leaving NO residue.
Sorry, that is incorrect. When I bought mine, I thought they were as you describe, a silicone-like rubber that clings to the paint and is easy to remove. Instead, it is a super adhesive material similar to thick 3M tape. You can remove it, but it is not an easy process. So I have left mine on since I like the flag pattern.
Sponsored