Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I am not promising this is a fix, but I have a fair bit of research and driving on this calibration. So far so good. Feel free to use it if you want.

It adjusts
throttle control
timing
acceleration enrichment
cold start
transmission shift schedule
torque management
Torque bobble
Diagnostic reporting
Sponsored

Attachments

brotharon

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Freelance Stamp Collector
Anyone know of a dealer/installer for these in the Houston area? I am very interested, but can't seem to find a local dealer.

Phlegmon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator
Occupation
Radiologist
I am not promising this is a fix, but I have a fair bit of research and driving on this calibration. So far so good. Feel free to use it if you want.

It adjusts
throttle control
timing
acceleration enrichment
cold start
torque management
Torque bobble
Diagnostic reporting

Have to give a shoutout to DAVECS1. This map is outstanding! Completely resolves all of the complaints I had with the original tune. Gone is the on/off switch and lag from a stop. Shifting is better, with better logic. And I'm getting better mileage, as a side bonus. Thanks for providing this. It turned a good kit into an excellent one!

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT auto; 2005 Wrangler TJ Unlimited
Occupation
retired
I have had my Magnuson supercharger for maybe 6 months and like it overall quite well. I will have the updated Magnuson tune downloaded into my JT tomorrow afternoon. I'll report back.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have to give a shoutout to DAVECS1. This map is outstanding! Completely resolves all of the complaints I had with the original tune. Gone is the on/off switch and lag from a stop. Shifting is better, with better logic. And I'm getting better mileage, as a side bonus. Thanks for providing this. It turned a good kit into an excellent one!
Thanks man that makes my day!

Sponsored

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+

It adjusts
throttle control
timing
acceleration enrichment
cold start
torque management
Torque bobble
Diagnostic reporting
Just curious, do you see a sacrifice in overall hp/torque output from what the original claims from Magnuson were with your most recent tune revision?

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Vivid Racing downloaded the latest Magnuson tune to my JT. Much smoother operation. The twitchiness is gone. The shifts are smoother and no longer abrupt. Very happy with this updated tune.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Vivid Racing downloaded the latest Magnuson tune to my JT. Much smoother operation. The twitchiness is gone. The shifts are smoother and no longer abrupt. Very happy with this updated tune.
What is the low end torque like under say 2k RPM. I’m not expecting diesel like torque, but is it noticeable? Curious if there are any numbers available. I think this is what I’ll need now that I’m in CO.

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I don't have numbers -- no dyno was done. The sudden jump in first gear is gone and the rather abrupt shifts are gone. There is power throughout the rev range and a definite increase in smoothly applied power in the lower rpm ranges. It just drives *much* better all around.

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Did this cost extra?

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
What is the low end torque like under say 2k RPM. I’m not expecting diesel like torque, but is it noticeable? Curious if there are any numbers available. I think this is what I’ll need now that I’m in CO.
For these types of units boost is not usually available until ~3000 rpm... normal OEM driveability is experienced until boost kicks in... so, it is driven by the right foot.

Tonopah01

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Vivid did not charge me (yet). Vivid expects Magnuson to reimburse them for the cost -- which I think was about $300. If Magnuson won't do that, then I owe Vivid.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Magnuson makes torque right off idle. Actually based on an idea I got from the hemi swap thread. I decided to try out the 2019 RAM transmission mapping for shift schedule and torque intervention. So far the results are very awesome. My guess is the SC engine is pretty close in tq profile compared to the Hemi. I wish my tuning efforts were as good so far. I want to get some testing done before I release the new file. The Merge seems pretty decent though, especially at low speeds.

Phlegmon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator
Occupation
Radiologist
The Magnuson makes torque right off idle. Actually based on an idea I got from the hemi swap thread. I decided to try out the 2019 RAM transmission mapping for shift schedule and torque intervention. So far the results are very awesome. My guess is the SC engine is pretty close in tq profile compared to the Hemi. I wish my tuning efforts were as good so far. I want to get some testing done before I release the new file. The Merge seems pretty decent though, especially at low speeds.

If you're so inclined, I'd love to beta test your maps. Message me anytime. And thanks for putting so much effort into improving the original map. I've put quite a few miles on the map you shared earlier and it's light years above the Petty tune.
Sponsored