Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I think I used the trans tune as well. But when I wrote the files I didn't write the complete file. I used your GladiatorSCEVONP1 tune. I am going to reflash it tonight and do the complete file and see if it changes anything.
I think I used the trans tune as well. But when I wrote the files I didn't write the complete file and just did the write calibration. I used your GladiatorSCEVONP1 tune. I am going to reflash it tonight and do the complete file and see if it changes anything.
when you went to read your file you need to hit gather info as I have in the picture below
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now gather info

When you do that it will give you the option to read the engine and transmission tune
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now read

Once you have it read, you can then follow the Instructions above to copy the tunes I have supplied
Then you can flash the new engine and transmission tune. I flash them one at a time as the combo flash sometimes hangs up.
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now flash
Sponsored

MEOIT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt Rubicon
Are you using the trans tune also?
Dave I forgot to mention I'm on 37s so I don't know if that would have any effect. I dont remember if you were said what size tires you are on or not. Or if I need to reset the tire size once I update the ecu.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dave I forgot to mention I'm on 37s so I don't know if that would have any effect. I dont remember if you were said what size tires you are on or not. Or if I need to reset the tire size once I update the ecu.
In the HP scanner app there is an icon that looks like a power button, click on that and there is a menu item to set your tires and gear set

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
I helped a guy yhat bought a used kit with an included unlocked ECM. We could not get that ECM to work as the vin could not be modified by normal means. He ended up getting an unlocked ecm from HP, but that one gave us a bumch of problems with weird vvt operation. He got his original ecm unlocked and all started working as expected.
Thanks Dave. I bought the kit. I reached out to HP and I have to find someone with a Dodge WiTech or J5234 Tool to change the Serial number in the PCM.

I was also wanting to do your small pulley upgrade but of course will need some tuning assistance. I sent you a PM.

I’m also looking at your install instructions and I see the new bearing…. What did you find you didn’t like about the supplied bearings?

I also was curious how you are using the wideband…. If I understand correctly this is being read through the ECM as well and to get a reading there would not be a need to upgrade to “pro features” on the tuner itself. Is that right?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Dave. I bought the kit. I reached out to HP and I have to find someone with a Dodge WiTech or J5234 Tool to change the Serial number in the PCM.

I was also wanting to do your small pulley upgrade but of course will need some tuning assistance. I sent you a PM.

I’m also looking at your install instructions and I see the new bearing…. What did you find you didn’t like about the supplied bearings?

I don't think the supplied bearings are horrible, but mine leaked grease, the seals faded, and they were a bit noisy.

I also was curious how you are using the wideband…. If I understand correctly this is being read through the ECM as well and to get a reading there would not be a need to upgrade to “pro features” on the tuner itself. Is that right?

That is absolutely correct, pretty cool huh.

Sponsored

MEOIT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt Rubicon

ME sure ypu relocate the purge valve thing. It gets annoying. My install guy didn't see the point when I told him to and it is very noticeable in the cab.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design

I am using the X Series Wideband O2 sensor. It feeds in through the obd2 connector piggybacking on the iCANN system. It does not require Pro version.

The onboard O2 sensors are narrow band, and the translation available in the HP Tuners software is for some of the commercially available wideband units. It won't work for the onboard narrow band.

I tried every which way, but the readings from the 4 onboard narrow band O2 sensors are all over the place. I am sure there is a formula out there, but you get voltage out of the sensor, and without the correct equation it doesn't translate to AFR well. Plus you then get to figure out where those 4 sensors are. They all respond differently while driving. None of the 4 would ever line up with the readings from the others. I spent weeks trying equations, comparing to my wideband, no luck. If someone else has figured it out please share!

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ME sure ypu relocate the purge valve thing. It gets annoying. My install guy didn't see the point when I told him to and it is very noticeable in the cab.
Thanks. Crib notes state fuel vent line…. What size and how much?

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you much! One more question…. How long did it take to get your pulley? I saw the website said up to 3 weeks for parts.
It was two weeks, they must be struggling with them, must be one they don't use much and now I have written a tune for it lol!

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blower Kit, Bearings, Spark Plugs, fuel hose, and unlocked PCM are all here! Tuesday I have appointment with Jeep Dealership to program PCM with VIN and OS.

The only thing I know I don’t have yet is the new belt, smaller pulley, and tune.

I can’t hardly wait to install this!

MEOIT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt Rubicon
Thank you much! One more question…. How long did it take to get your pulley? I saw the website said up to 3 weeks for parts.
I got mine is a week or less.

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
It was two weeks, they must be struggling with them, must be one they don't use much and now I have written a tune for it lol!

Dave,
What wheels are you running on your JT?
Thanks
Bob