Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Install costs?

what y’all running for your install?
Got quoted 2400$ Flat. Seemed high. It’s a Maggie dealer, the have done a few 3.6l.
$2400 is very high. I would expect to pay around what Dave is offering. I payed $1200 from a local shop that I have a long relationship with.

Sponsored

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Dave is it wasn't a week off work and 48 hrs on the road. I might take you up on it.

Move closer would ya?!

I'll look for another shop local, found a place that has some good recommendations that does performance stuff. I'll reach out to them next week.

Honestly only reason I want a shop to do it is for the warranty. Wasn't for that I would probably just do it my self.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Dave is it wasn't a week off work and 48 hrs on the road. I might take you up on it.

Move closer would ya?!

I'll look for another shop local, found a place that has some good recommendations that does performance stuff. I'll reach out to them next week.

Honestly only reason I want a shop to do it is for the warranty. Wasn't for that I would probably just do it my self.
I am just ribbing you a bit. I get it, that is a heck of a trek.

On a side note though I would get a WB O2 installed while your at it. The Magnuson tunes in the past have been a bit sloppy on the fueling. Not sure how they are now, but if you run sloppy fueling long term your catalysts will eat it.

MEOIT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt Rubicon
Finally got my kit installed and the jeep drives so much better now. I have a steep grade on the freeway by me and it use to be 4th gear to maintain 70 at high ram. With the supercharger and daves tune it was 75 in 5th gear and about 4k ram.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got my kit installed and the jeep drives so much better now. I have a steep grade on the freeway by me and it use to be 4th gear to maintain 70 at high ram. With the supercharger and daves tune it was 75 in 5th gear and about 4k ram.
I missed it, are you automatic or manual? If it is an automatic. It should climb pretty steep hills even in 6th at around 2500 to 3000.

Sponsored

MEOIT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt Rubicon
I missed it, are you automatic or manual? If it is an automatic. It should climb pretty steep hills even in 6th at around 2500 to 3000.
Automatic.

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
I found a used kit with unlocked ECM for sale. The guy sold the Jeep and removed the Charger. If I get this I’d plan to run Daves tuning (probably with the smaller pulley!).

Are there any specific concerns I should have other than the fact that it is used and no warranty from Magnuson?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I helped a guy yhat bought a used kit with an included unlocked ECM. We could not get that ECM to work as the vin could not be modified by normal means. He ended up getting an unlocked ecm from HP, but that one gave us a bumch of problems with weird vvt operation. He got his original ecm unlocked and all started working as expected.

MEOIT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt Rubicon
Are you using the trans tune also?
I think I used the trans tune as well. But when I wrote the files I didn't write the complete file and just did the write calibration. I used your GladiatorSCEVONP1 tune. I am going to reflash it tonight and do the complete file and see if it changes anything.
Sponsored