Law enforcement

zy1337

First Name
Zy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
Hello, I've read what might be conflicting info that the magnuson supercharger wouldn't work with a manual transmission. Their website doesn't say if it is compatible with MT's like it did for their JK supercharger. Is anyone here running the TVS1900 on an MT JT?

Cheers

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
There are many MT JT maggies out there. Dave even has a specific tune for them.

Sponsored

zy1337

First Name
Zy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
Nice, I have been out of the thread for the better part of a year and I'm glad to hear that the MT's are getting some love. While I'm at it, do we have any idea if Magnuson is going to get a CARB EO for 21's? Cheers

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Nice, I have been out of the thread for the better part of a year and I'm glad to hear that the MT's are getting some love. While I'm at it, do we have any idea if Magnuson is going to get a CARB EO for 21's? Cheers
That is a tricky question to answer.

The problem is not all 2021s are tunning the same engine control hardware. To complicate that even further, the ones that are running the same hardware are not running the same control strategy.

Magnuson does have a CARB compliant tune but it is a roll of the dice if it will work on your machine.

The more machines I take on, the more I am having to make custom tweaks with customers and the then find a way to roll that back in so it is a universal file.

It would be cool if Magnuson had the time and the resources to concentrate Jeep platform like I have, but I have my doubts, they have as much data for as many vehicles as I do and that they have spent the time analyzing and testing changes to get them perfected, with diagnostic capabilities, and smooth driveability.

If things keep going the way they are. I may look into CARB. I think I have a shot as I don't disable any emissions equipment, and infact I enable more diagnostic strategies. I also no my fueling is dead on for every situation I have been able to put my jeep into.

To boot my WOT is LEANER than what Jeep does, but still safe as I take advantage of two options built into the software already to cool the cylinder when combustion does not go right, it misfires less and corrects itself faster.

Anyway long story longer, of you have the right 2021 Jeep they jave a CARB compliant tune.

zy1337

First Name
Zy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
thanks that's great news, I'll check what PCM I'm running tonight, took delivery of my JT in April 2021 so hopefully everything checks out. Make sure you make a brand new thread if you decide to offer a CARB tune!

hivoltagedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X50i, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
I just stumbled across this thread. A bunch of GREAT info here. I am working on tuning a 2021 (12/20) Gladiator Mohave with the Magnuson SC, and have run into a major issue. I can't read or write a calibration with the RTD flasher utility or with my MPVI2 and HP Tuners. It fails immediately with both. The scanner will connect, but the special functions won't open. The owner has been having some WOT shift issues, so Magnuson sent a new .RTD file but I can't load it. My understanding is that the shop that did the install sent the ECM out to Magnuson to unlock - who sent it to HPT. The ECM has a HPT sticker on it, but it still acts like it's locked. I'm not sure that it ever actually got tuned by the original shop. Any ideas?

I resynced both the RTD adapter and my MPVI2, am running a recent release of HPT, just downloaded the RTD flasher utility from Magnuson.

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Our trucks only work with the Beta version of the VCM software. I have no idea why the RTD won't connect. Have you reached out to HP Tuners?

hivoltagedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X50i, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
Do you have the security bypass cable installed??
I do not. I wondered what the other cable was for. Nobody could tell me. Where does that install? I have tuned a bunch of GMs, but Chrysler is a whole different language.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
If you look up under your dash, above the obd connector. There is a black box with two connectors in it. That cable fits into on of those connectors and then plugs back into the box.