First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
With out knowing what is even wrong with that truck or what failed.

There is, at this time, no way to know if the SC, or tune even had anything to do with it.

hopefully Crash can get it torn down and the cause IDed.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have an idea of why it happens. If you look at the data below, from an earlier calibration from the OEM. You can look at the red line (KR) which is an indicator of the ignition struggling due to misfire, wrong fueling, or detonation.

in this calibration torque has been limited at part throttle to fix throttle flutter. What you see at this cruise speed is the system is going in and out of boost due to load and engine speed. The fuel does not enrich accordingly, when it does it is the last line of defense failsafe in the system and it over fuels severely to stop it.

when this happens intermittently it is not great but survivable. The problem arises when your at light cruise, like in the data, and there is sustained ignition and fueling issues. The system runs out of head room to make adjustments and stability and stop start turn off because of this. The real danger is then when an unforseen load is dumped on the engine in this state, small hill, head wind, rain, etc. The engine cannot manage it and cylinder pressures sky rocket.

Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now 1647622392261

crashnburn80

First Name
Crash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supercharged Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Vehicle Design Engineer
Crash any up date, tear down ID of what actually failed?
Jeep refused service and warranty because of the supercharger. It is now at an independent shop getting a long block swap paid out of pocket. There is no oil left in the engine, it seems like it blew the block. I'll post the carnage pics once I have them, should hopefully be late this week.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Oh wow! That is so sad. It is so avoidable. I have no idea how it gets to block windows. Spun bearing broken ring land at best. And that would be an untested tune.

I will admit if you get misfire lights on my tune you may have to change your oil, as the fire department comes in the form of fuel and egr. I would rather do that than this.

fonzie

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2020 JT, 1996 Bronco
Oh wow! That is so sad. It is so avoidable. I have no idea how it gets to block windows. Spun bearing broken ring land at best. And that would be an untested tune.

I will admit if you get misfire lights on my tune you may have to change your oil, as the fire department comes in the form of fuel and egr. I would rather do that than this.
Dave your tune is money!

MEOIT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt Rubicon
Crash, so did a rod break and punch a hole In the block?

Sponsored

MEOIT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt Rubicon
So did you go with forged internals on the new block?

crashnburn80

First Name
Crash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supercharged Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Vehicle Design Engineer
So did you go with forged internals on the new block?
If I was going to keep it, I’d consider all forged internals for sure. But I’m not going to keep it. The truck will be sold as soon as it is fixed.