Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Thanks!!! I have veen putting many hours into this Ram merge. It does some stuff super well and other stuff not so much. The other thing is I have had to lift some torque limits which could have an impact on how much load the drivetrain sees. The ram merge is awesome around town, but a bit clunky when you drive quickly as it is always backshifting out of a higher gear. I am about 40 revisions in and it is improving but I am getting a bit frustrated. It is getting to be a big job lol. The cool thing is it holds 8th really well even at 50 mph. There is some throttle osscilation at low speeds yet, as I am using the supercharger significantly, to lug it around and it hits air and fuel limits that I am slowly getting sorted out while trying not to load it with to much power.​
Sponsored

Last edited:

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am thinking about pulling the plug on the Ram transmission tune. I am getting it to work but I have some concerns about the drivetrain taking to much abuse. The super charger will allow you to pull the rig in the higher gears, but I have to run pretty high boost levels for it to be smooth and not back shift to much. Also the trans is running hotter and I have not towed with it yet. I think the low engine speeds and extra load is pretty tough on the clutches I don't think they are slipping but I am seeing about 5 degrees higher trans temp. The most frustrating part is I cannot get the acceleration to be smooth. Sometimes it wants to light switch other times it does good at first but then goes into throttle slight oscillation and feels like a misfire. I really really like the low speed behavior, but at the moment I think I am going to stick with EVO 6.8 and refine it. It is well inside the the capability of the hardware, all the temps run like stock or lower and I have towed heavy loads with no issues long distances. Unfortunately it uses about 3-4 more miles per gallon, That is significant. I will post what I believe is the last safe version, but this is purely a prototype and you need to keep an eye on your rig. I am sharing so there is no expressed coverage or product support. With that said I am totally willing to look at data an work with people to improve this tune, it would be cool to make it work.

Attachments

Gvsskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Manual with Magnuson SC, 4:56, 2” lift, and 35”
Occupation
Business
I’m going to sound like an idiot but the HP Tuner RTD Flasher needs a .RTD file and yours is a HPT file (it looks unzipped)?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m going to sound like an idiot but the HP Tuner RTD Flasher needs a .RTD file and yours is a HPT file (it looks unzipped)?
I will email you, there are a couple steps you need to take to use the file.

Gvsskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Manual with Magnuson SC, 4:56, 2” lift, and 35”
Occupation
Business
Thank you Dave!

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just hit 3000 miles on a new test file. I am pretty happy. This file concentrates on solving the throttle body air flow limit that happened at the end of 3rd gear. It adjusts the the following

Acceleration Enrichment
the torque flywheel table
the throttle body airflow model was adjusted

This file also tames the part throttle surge, but in a good way. Before at part throttle you could command quite a bit of torque and the truck would really accelerate, almost unnaturally. With the new adjustments, you can actually lean into the throttle and the power keeps delivering linearly

As usual try at your own risk,, etc etc.

Attachments

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So my Gladiator (now in the hands of its new owner) threw a CEL last week. After taking it into the shop, it’s been determined that the cats are burned due to the Magnuson supercharger. To some extent, this may be expected with a s/c, but it caught the new owner off guard - especially since the warranty is non-transferable.

My install was February 2020, so quite early on in the release, and very possibly running an old version of the tune.

Either way, just a heads up for those running this unit.
Desertfox do you know if your rig was idling incold weather a fair bit? I think I found the issue. I was waiting for my daughter to get off of gym the other night, and noticed a fuel smell, while my truck was idling. I had it idling as it has been in the teens here at night. I just happen to have my wideband O2 sensor in the truck so I stuck it in the tail pipe. After the CAT I was getting 12.5 to 12.8:1 14-15:1 is the norm for most modern cars that are up to temp. I adjust the cold idle tables and my truck now idles much leaner and less smelly. It also seems to run better in town. Magnuson needs to adjust their ECT idle map. It is set way too heavy.

This will most definitely burn out cats in a short amount of time if you run in cold temps.

Last edited:

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
Desertfox do you know if your rig was idling incold weather a fair bit? I think I found the issue. O was waiting for my daughter to get of gym the other night, and noticed a fuel smell, while my truck was idling. I had it on as it has been in the teens here at night. I just happen to have my wideband O2 sensor in the truck so I stuck it in the tail pipe. After the CAT I was getting 12.5 to 12.8:1 14-15:1 is the norm for most modern cars that are up to temp. I adjust the cold idle tables and my truck now idles mich leaner and less smelly. It also seems to run better in town. Magnuson needs to adjust their ECT idle map. It is set way to heavy.

This will most definitely burn out cats in a short amount of time if you run in cold temps.
That likely wasn't my issue - the only idling it would have seen is at stop lights, nothing too abnormal. And there isn't too much cold weather here (a few weeks in Jan/Feb as an exception), but the Gladiator was only driven about 1/2 time as I have 2 cars...and my average weekly miles was well below 100.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That likely wasn't my issue - the only idling it would have seen is at stop lights, nothing too abnormal. And there isn't too much cold weather here (a few weeks in Jan/Feb as an exception), but the Gladiator was only driven about 1/2 time as I have 2 cars...and my average weekly miles was well below 100.
Well thanks for the reply. I am very curious, as to how they burnt out. I have about 11K on my sc setup. So far so good fingers crossed

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Is it accurate that this is the base kit that Livernois bases theirs off of?

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it accurate that this is the base kit that Livernois bases theirs off of?
I have not seen the Livernois kit. The Magnuson kit is reasonable with years of expertise.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I have not seen the Livernois kit. The Magnuson kit is reasonable with years of expertise.
that still needs your tune to run right Because they cant tune for shit....Im not knocking what the kit gives at the pricepoint. Its a compelling option , especially with your file. I was just curious.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I don't want to get into drama. The short story is they purchased third party help. That did not go so well. I can tell you it is back in house and a knowledgeable guy is working it, to make it right. So I think Magnuson will jave the whole package real soon. Lets just say I am showing them my cards for what it is worth.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
So I don't want to get into drama. The short story is they purchased third party help. That did not go so well. I can tell you it is back in house and a knowledgeable guy is working it, to make it right. So I think Magnuson will jave the whole package real soon. Lets just say I am showing them my cards for what it is worth.
thats great news. đź‘Ť

brotharon

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Freelance Stamp Collector
My magnuson unit is supposed to ship on the 11th, and be installed on the 15th. I am very much looking forward to it, but I have also been following the updates in this thread. Should I immediately reflash to DAVECS1s file or drive it with the base tune for a bit first?
Sponsored