First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Does anyone know how these do with the Manual Transmissions? You don't have to worry about shift points, that is a manual process. Does Magnuson have tunes for the Manual JTs?
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Drive with the Magnuson tune first. It is not that bad. The big issue is there are 100s of versions of factory software and the third-party neglected that fact. If you have issues. My tune is available but you need hp tuners. If that is not satisfactory Magnuson has resources actively working this. There is a tune for manual transmissions and I am absolutely positive it will work well on a manual.

brotharon

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Freelance Stamp Collector
Mu truck is an automatic...so we will just have to wait and see if I get lucky!

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mu truck is an automatic...so we will just have to wait and see if I get lucky!
I think Magnuson will address it at some point but I have modified over 76 tables and put 7k+ miles on my automatic trans tune. You dont have to buy it. You just need HP tuners to flash it. If the Magnuson tune does not work.

shyoung1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave(SOLD) 2023 F350 Superduty
So is Pettys Garage using your tune or Magnusons tune on a regular install?

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnuson is no longer using any other company to do their tunes for Jeeps.

shyoung1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave(SOLD) 2023 F350 Superduty
Magnuson is no longer using any other company to do their tunes for Jeeps.
Ok, thanks!
But you believe their new tunes are much better than what you started with?

Gvsskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Manual with Magnuson SC, 4:56, 2” lift, and 35”
Occupation
Business
I should update my experiences with Mag SC.

First, I must thank DAVECS1 for continued passion, tuning hobby, and as he would tell your his “golf game” as he continues to fine tune the software needed to make the hardware perform. The Magnuson Engineer Dave mentioned is a solid guy and has worked hand in glove with me to analyze my data and coach me on uploading new tune files. I recently installed the 6th update file and it’s fantastic in all elements of drive-ability and performance. The only caveat is a persistent stutter around 2000 to 2500 RPM most noticeable in 3rd gear with a mild load on the engine (e.g., 3% highway grade climb). This stutter has existed since the SC was installed but it is much less noticeable over the 6 tune changes (it can feel like the variable cam timing switch over repeating).

A couple of things I would advise on: 1) have a newer small format PC notebook loaded up with HP Tune Software from Magnuson and be comfortable with loading up files from email and transferring files from applications, 2) get comfortable with driving with the tuner plugged in and data logging running while you drive a 40 min test route that involves climbing, descending, passing, towing, and stop and go traffic (real world driving not just Dyno testing), and 3) find enjoyment in the process because each of us have different expectations the tune you end up with can really be fine tuned to suite your driving needs best which I believe is fantastic.

The last thing is I researched the Hamburger, Edelbrock, Magnuson Superchargers and looked into turbo charging. The two I was most interested in were Edelbrock and Magnuson. Edelbrock was holding off releasing (likely because of tuning delays). I went with Magnuson because of their reputation and the large number of installations in many other applications. They stand behind what they sell. Their product is built with excellent engineering, design, and reliability for use in tough conditions where my Gladiator is used.

All in all the drive-ability of adding the SC to the Gladiator makes me smile every time I ascend 4,000 ft from the Valley to our mountain home and I can safely and quickly pass wherever I want to on a snowy road. It’s just so much more fun!

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't mind seeing that stutter data. Pretty sure I can sort it out. I spent months figuring out, what causes it. I uave pictures of it on other threads. I will see if I can upload one next time I am on my PC.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should update my experiences with Mag SC.

First, I must thank DAVECS1 for continued passion, tuning hobby, and as he would tell your his “golf game” as he continues to fine tune the software needed to make the hardware perform. The Magnuson Engineer Dave mentioned is a solid guy and has worked hand in glove with me to analyze my data and coach me on uploading new tune files. I recently installed the 6th update file and it’s fantastic in all elements of drive-ability and performance. The only caveat is a persistent stutter around 2000 to 2500 RPM most noticeable in 3rd gear with a mild load on the engine (e.g., 3% highway grade climb). This stutter has existed since the SC was installed but it is much less noticeable over the 6 tune changes (it can feel like the variable cam timing switch over repeating).

A couple of things I would advise on: 1) have a newer small format PC notebook loaded up with HP Tune Software from Magnuson and be comfortable with loading up files from email and transferring files from applications, 2) get comfortable with driving with the tuner plugged in and data logging running while you drive a 40 min test route that involves climbing, descending, passing, towing, and stop and go traffic (real world driving not just Dyno testing), and 3) find enjoyment in the process because each of us have different expectations the tune you end up with can really be fine tuned to suite your driving needs best which I believe is fantastic.

The last thing is I researched the Hamburger, Edelbrock, Magnuson Superchargers and looked into turbo charging. The two I was most interested in were Edelbrock and Magnuson. Edelbrock was holding off releasing (likely because of tuning delays). I went with Magnuson because of their reputation and the large number of installations in many other applications. They stand behind what they sell. Their product is built with excellent engineering, design, and reliability for use in tough conditions where my Gladiator is used.

All in all the drive-ability of adding the SC to the Gladiator makes me smile every time I ascend 4,000 ft from the Valley to our mountain home and I can safely and quickly pass wherever I want to on a snowy road. It’s just so much more fun!
Shout out to you man. You took upon your self to saddle up and get your problem fixed. Your acceptance and positive attitude helped me learn things are progressing. Thank you!

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so here is the stutter I know. What I have experienced is, the torque and airflow limit fight each other and oscillate the throttlebody opening. If you look at the knock there is no misfire what so ever. Also the misfire counter does not move. The first pic is untreated, the second is an increase in air flow limit. and the last one is the torque and airflow adjusted and the problem solved and completely smooth acceleration.
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now 3rd oscillate
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now oscillation better
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now oscillate fixed

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I'm talking about the automatic.

In order to get into the comfort zone for me, it would need 870re/8R70

ZF ratings are in the naming nomenclature

So 850RE/8HP50= 8 speed, multiply next 2 digits by 10 for rating in Newton Meters (500)x. 73756=368.78lb ft
870RE/8HP70 would be good for 516 lb ft

An engine making 380 on a transmission good for 370 is probably not a good plan
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA! can you officially get "canceled" for this post? lmao!!!

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New for 2020 is Magnuson’s fully redesigned Jeep 3.6L V6 supercharger system exclusively for 2018+ Wrangler (JL) and Gladiator (JT) vehicles. The high efficiency TVS1900 supercharger delivers an amazing 440hp and 380 ft-lbs of torque at the crank, equivalent to ~372 rear wheel HP. That’s an incredible 59% more power than the stock V6 and 22% more than a 5.7L Hemi V8.

KEY TECHNICAL FEATURES
  • Large capacity front inlet/front-drive TVS1900 Supercharger assembly
  • Positive displacement Roots-type design using Eaton TVS Technology with proven OEM durability
  • Integrated vacuum bypass for instant boost response at low engine speeds
  • High-efficiency intercooler system for maximum charge air cooling and sustainable performance
  • High flow port fuel injectors with optimum targeting for performance and drivability
  • Custom engineered supercharger belt-drive system for worry-free driving both on and off-road
  • Waterproof intercooler pump and high-mount alternator for reliable performance in wet conditions
  • Full bolt-on installation with OEM look, fit and finish
  • 3-year/36,000-mile Powertrain Warranty
  • Includes calibration and ECU unlock, CARB EO# pending

Serious question: I'm in Tampa FL. I've found that most the "Jeep" shops here are either scumbags or I wouldn't trust them to change my oil. Do you have a certified installer here in the Tampa Bay Area? The reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet on this is I don't feel there is anyone I can trust locally to do the install. This is constructive feedback and I suspect other people in this area may have this same concern. (HINT: This could be a marketing moment for someone).

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
any videos yet of standing stop and acceleration off the line? interested!
Sponsored