Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now

JustDSM

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I'm happy to report back that I've worked with HPTuners to get the Cam/Crank Sync function added to the VCM Scanner.

I can now let you all know those replacement ECU's you bought from HPTuners can be used.

I just completed a lengthy test drive after resyncing the Cam/Crank and no longer have the odd error and limp mode being triggered.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Nice job! So the cam position errors were linked to the cam/ crankshaft position???

Last edited:

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your my hero man! That is exactly what this thread is all about. This will make many guys happy. So what lead you down this path, to figure it out, and most importantly who helped you at HP😁

Last edited:

JustDSM

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Your my hero man! That is exactly what thos thread is all about. This will make many guys happy. So what lead you down this path, to figure it out, and most importantly who helped you at HP😁
So I'm brand new to the Jeep (Mopar) brand. I've been in the Toyota game for quite some time and have extensive experience with HPTuners on that platform. Anyhow.. I started digging to understand more about the "modification" service that is performed to get these ECU's in a state that they'll accept a flash via the OBDII port. I wanted to understand what could have gone wrong and just get a grasp on that process.

That lead me down some reading into other Mopar platforms (notably the Charger/Challenger crowd) as the ECU architecture is virtually identical as is the coding (with some exceptions). I came across some references that lead me to believe the cam/crank reference was the likely culprit.

In communication with Chris @ HPTuners, he was able to get the function added to the VCM Scanner in the latest Beta. I promptly reinstalled my troubled and confused ECU back into the Jeep, performed the Brake/Throttle relearn and then warmed the Jeep up. (The engine needs to be >156deg F ECT to perform the resync) Performed the Resync with the newly added tool, and took it for a 35min drive.

No issues!

Sponsored

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
So I'm brand new to the Jeep (Mopar) brand. I've been in the Toyota game for quite some time and have extensive experience with HPTuners on that platform. Anyhow.. I started digging to understand more about the "modification" service that is performed to get these ECU's in a state that they'll accept a flash via the OBDII port. I wanted to understand what could have gone wrong and just get a grasp on that process.

That lead me down some reading into other Mopar platforms (notably the Charger/Challenger crowd) as the ECU architecture is virtually identical as is the coding (with some exceptions). I came across some references that lead me to believe the cam/crank reference was the likely culprit.

In communication with Chris @ HPTuners, he was able to get the function added to the VCM Scanner in the latest Beta. I promptly reinstalled my troubled and confused ECU back into the Jeep, performed the Brake/Throttle relearn and then warmed the Jeep up. (The engine needs to be >156deg F ECT to perform the resync) Performed the Resync with the newly added tool, and took it for a 35min drive.

No issues!
Maybe you can help me! I have a unlock, used PCM. I was told by HP Tuners that a J2534 Tool could be used to reprogram the PCM with my VIN. One option they recommended was a WiTech tool. I took it to a local Jeep shop and had them look at it. The tech even let me come back with him but he said he could not find a way to do this with this tool. I’ve tried researching this some and it seems like it is but of an unusual thing to do and your average mechanic may not have this skill. I’ve looked around for a local race car shop to help but haven’t found anything that seemed like the right fit. HP Tuners swears it can be done (even with the WiTech) but refuses to offer any additional support. I waisted over $200 and a full afternoon already and am hoping to find someone which the right tools and knowledge before wasting any more time.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am not aware of any tools that can modify the VIN. I have asked in some pretty high places

JustDSM

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
There are tools out there that can do it. There are a number of folks who can do it through hex editing programs and associated tools to boot load the ECU. I'm not terribly experienced with this method, but I could point you to some folks who do have the know-how/tools. I'm certain they'd be happy to help but I would expect they will charge a small fee.

There is this (just found this on the 'Tube):

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
I purchased an ECU from Livernois with their tuner, so they must have a way to program my VIN (I'm keeping my original ECU as a spare). Unless VIN programming to a 'blank/empty/new/unassigned' ECU is a one shot deal....

mghoodlum

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Pearl Blue Rubicon on order
I purchased an ECU from Livernois with their tuner, so they must have a way to program my VIN (I'm keeping my original ECU as a spare). Unless VIN programming to a 'blank/empty/new/unassigned' ECU is a one shot deal....
From what I have learned the first time is the easiest at least with the witech tool.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The problem is the SA has to roll with the VIN change in order for the security protocol not to lock out all the ECMs

misplacetexan

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Billet Silver Sport S/Max Tow Package
Occupation
Law enforcement
Is anyone using an aftermarket exhaust system on their Magnuson supercharged JT?

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Is anyone using an aftermarket exhaust system on their Magnuson supercharged JT?
i Am. Im sending one to @DAVECS1 in the next couple weeks so he’ll be able to see what tweaks might net additional benefit, but it runs great on his standard file as is.

im just bummed i may have to sell my truck now that I have it finished. Im pending orders to go back overseas and 35” is max allowable tire size AND the vehicle exceeds value for importing. Smh.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is a bummer to hear, I like talking and working with you Kurt.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
That is a bummer to hear, I like talking and working with you Kurt.
Likewise Dave. yeah. I guess there are worse times to have to take a used truck to market if i Have to.

they offer a professional storage service I could go with, but I dunno. I’ll wait and see if it becomes definite before doing anything drastic. Im just glad i take the “negotiate whats on the lot” approach, because I wouldnt have to be much above book price right now to come out ok. if i had ordered it, id be taking a bath.
Sponsored