Sponsored

Manual Transmission Club

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I joined in early 2020 - never saw this thread till now. About to join the Centerforce clutch club. Just got pics and shipping info. So excited.

564BE764-A9A6-4AAA-8278-D710F739241A.jpeg
I want lots of details please. I called about a month ago and centerforce wasn’t making JL/JT clutches yet. Still don’t see them on their site. When did you order? What stage did you get? Install yourself? How does it drive? Clutch feel stronger? Engagement point feel more clear? Impact on power, torque, MPGs? Sorry that’s a lot and I can wait until you have more time with it.

I am really curious because this solution is what Jeep should have done for all of us. They made a bad clutch plain and simple and rather than fix it they want to take away the torque and horsepower that was agreed to when I purchased the vehicle, complete BS. To top it off no one from Jeep can tell me when, how frequently, or what the parameters are that will engage the so called fix/de-tune.
Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I want lots of details please. I called about a month ago and centerforce wasn’t making JL/JT clutches yet. Still don’t see them on their site. When did you order? What stage did you get? Install yourself? How does it drive? Impact on power, torque, MPGs? Sorry that’s a lot and I can wait until you have more time with it.

I am really curious because this solution is what Jeep should have done for all of us. They made a bad clutch plain and simple and rather than fix it they want to take away the torque and horsepower that was agreed to when I purchased the vehicle, complete BS. To top it off no one from Jeep can tell me when, how frequently, or what the parameters are that will engage the so called fix/de-tune.
I started this in early 2020 with Centerforce. They had to pull the product and redesign due to inconsistent factory specs. I literally got the shipping info and pics today - dont even have it yet. It should arrive next Wed 9/23. I’ll be posting INSTALL, impressions, etc on my YouTube #JTRSPARTACUS and on my build thread on here.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I started this in early 2020 with Centerforce. They had to pull the product and redesign due to inconsistent factory specs. I literally got the shipping info and pics today - dont even have it yet. It should arrive next Wed 9/23. I’ll be posting INSTALL, impressions, etc on my YouTube #JTRSPARTACUS and on my build thread on here.
can you update here when that video is on YouTube?

zeus337

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
The dealer had her ordered already and I bought her on September 11, 2021 and she’s still in transit.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Quick

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
Do you know if the center force clutch falls under the reimbursement category for the recall that they don’t plan on fixing ?

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know if the center force clutch falls under the reimbursement category for the recall that they don’t plan on fixing ?
I don’t know.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no it doesn’t. I spent many hours working with @JeepCares and they don’t actually plan on fixing their inadequate part, instead they will simply reduce the torque and horsepower you paid for. It’s criminal, but tough to fight the man so…..

UM_Ftown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ
no it doesn’t. I spent many hours working with @JeepCares and they don’t actually plan on fixing their inadequate part, instead they will simply reduce the torque and horsepower you paid for. It’s criminal, but tough to fight the man so…..
I think the only way this could work is if an owner had a failure before the recall and replaced it on their own dime.

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the only way this could work is if an owner had a failure before the recall and replaced it on their own dime.
yeah, I don’t expect Jeep to replace their defective part with a third party part. I do however expect them to demand their supplier (Aisin) to redesign a part appropriate for the vehicle they intend to use it in.

UM_Ftown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ
yeah, I don’t expect Jeep to replace their defective part with a third party part. I do however expect them to demand their supplier (Aisin) to redesign a part appropriate for the vehicle they intend to use it in.
They could very well do this, like if the part numbers are the same for 2020 and 2021 but different for 2022.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I seem to recall single digit instances of this on the JL forums early on.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Nice! Congrats!
Get the B&M shifters when you can. Makes the manual fun.
Dang it man, didn't know this existed! Now another fun mod I didn't know I needed...... 🙈 ;)

Anyone else installed the B&M short shifter? Surprised I've haven't read about it before, looks nice.

EDIT: Just found your install thread, it was in Interior Mods for other wondering, I rarely go to that section ha.... reading through it now!